Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
132SS

Drives: 2013 2SS
Newbie here

Actually havent purchased the car yet. Still debating. I have been looking and went for a test drive today. Salesman tossed me the keys and said have fun ill see you when you done. Took it for about a 20 minute ride. 2SS with leather, nav, sunroof, 6 speed with short throw shifter, pretty much every option. I quickly fell in love with the car and the power. Im coming out of a 2012 Jeep Wrangler lol. I will be looking to upgrade with some power adders soon just curious how hard it will be to get it in the 500rwhp range. Im not talking unlimited budget here either. How do they react to an air intake, tune, and cam basically. I wouldnt think 100+ HP would be hard to gain. I am just curious how happy everyone is with there camaros. Im new to the sports car realm (35 yrs old). PLease dont lynch for dumb questions. lol
132SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #2

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 132SS View Post
Actually havent purchased the car yet. Still debating. I have been looking and went for a test drive today. Salesman tossed me the keys and said have fun ill see you when you done. Took it for about a 20 minute ride. 2SS with leather, nav, sunroof, 6 speed with short throw shifter, pretty much every option. I quickly fell in love with the car and the power. Im coming out of a 2012 Jeep Wrangler lol. I will be looking to upgrade with some power adders soon just curious how hard it will be to get it in the 500rwhp range. Im not talking unlimited budget here either. How do they react to an air intake, tune, and cam basically. I wouldnt think 100+ HP would be hard to gain. I am just curious how happy everyone is with there camaros. Im new to the sports car realm (35 yrs old). PLease dont lynch for dumb questions. lol
Getting to the 500 hp range with an SS will require a lot of mods and voiding of warranty...won't be cheap either...

I'd look at a ZL1 if I were you....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Getting to the 500 hp range with an SS will require a lot of mods and voiding of warranty...won't be cheap either...

I'd look at a ZL1 if I were you....
trust me you would not regret it. The ride is . so the easy way is a ZL1.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
132SS,

Seems like you enjoyed your test ride! We're happy to see you exploring the world of Camaros. If you have any other inquiries, feel free to contact us anytime. Best of luck in your search.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
132SS

Drives: 2013 2SS
Sorry if the question sounds dumb lol. Never ventured passed the V6 in a jeep. The HP is rated at 426. What are the real world numbers to the wheels. I now for a fact I won't be jumping Into a ZL anytime soon. The 2SS is gonna have to do for now if I get it. And yes I loved the test drive!!
132SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
WONSS

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS M6 SUMMITT WHITE
wow.. they let you guys in TX test drive cars there with no salesperson?
WONSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #7
SSpartan117

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Sorry if the question sounds dumb lol. Never ventured passed the V6 in a jeep. The HP is rated at 426. What are the real world numbers to the wheels. I now for a fact I won't be jumping Into a ZL anytime soon. The 2SS is gonna have to do for now if I get it. And yes I loved the test drive!!
People say around 370 at the wheels for the LS3 (manual) and a bit less for the L99 (auto). Don't know too much about the auto since I don't have one but I am sure one of the L99 guys will chime in
SSpartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #8
SSpartan117

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONSS View Post
wow.. they let you guys in TX test drive cars there with no salesperson?
Depends on the dealership. I used to work for a Benz dealer back in the day and we'd let people take cars overnight if we knew they were "good" for it
SSpartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #9
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpartan117 View Post
Depends on the dealership. I used to work for a Benz dealer back in the day and we'd let people take cars overnight if we knew they were "good" for it
Yeah, I remember a family friend on several occasions having an overnight test drive, my dad always had company cars, moot point on that one

OP, Don't forget, upgrade the horses, have to upgrade the drive train so you aren't ripping stuff out. Add that cost into what you're thinking
Old 05-24-2013, 01:00 AM   #10
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
ZL1!
Old 05-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #11
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!