Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 07-29-2011, 06:55 AM   #57
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob vogel View Post
to the op on this one, great job all the way around. i'm really sorry you had to go through this kind of SH** but you have save others.
I tried to be resonable in this matter and I am giving them ONE more attempt to try and FIX these wheels. IMO they should have been right from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
it doesnt peel off as easily as their "paint onto chrome" does
How true this statement is, but it just isn't the chrome ones that the paint is falling off. I know Emma had to have hers refinished because of paint issues and hers were totally black. There is another member who had issues with his paint coming off and it turned into a big ordeal with Savini and he ended up just paying himself to have them re-finished because of all the drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Marine View Post
Funny Lori comments about paying for rims or a supercharger....and I'm tracking with you on a solid compromise. I watched some of the above drama unfold and decided to go with a more cost effective rim/tire combo (so I could still afford a blower!!).

Semper Fi!
I totally understand what you are saying and don't think I have thought about that. I too, like Randy, feel like a total idiot for buying these wheels. I paid 995.00 for each wheel ( 3980.00 total ) plus tires, tpms sensor etc... plus another 225.00 trying to get these things to balance to no avail. That is ALOT of money for a set of wheels.

Hell I put a 6" lift kit, 20" Gear Wheels with 35" Nitto Terra Grappler tires on my truck for less than these wheels. AND these wheels and MUD GRIP tires ride SMOOTH, NO vibration. Go figure......
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #58
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
that's a lot to spend on wheels and them still have issues
Old 07-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #59
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
that's a lot to spend on wheels and them still have issues
You are so right......

Well wheels are off , car is on jack stands and wheels are palletized waiting on them to be picked up for their return to SAVINI. Hopefully when they come back, supposedly on 8/9/2011 they will be right.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #60
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
You are so right......

Well wheels are off , car is on jack stands and wheels are palletized waiting on them to be picked up for their return to SAVINI. Hopefully when they come back, supposedly on 8/9/2011 they will be right.
Got my fingers crossed for you.

Unless they remake them though, I'm guessing they are gonna take the wheels off the palet, roll them across the floor to another pallet, put them on the other pallet and ship them back.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #61
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
memes are addicting

Name:  5owg.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  79.5 KB
Old 07-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #62
PQ
Booooosted.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:01 AM   #63
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

Unless they remake them though, I'm guessing they are gonna take the wheels off the palet, roll them across the floor to another pallet, put them on the other pallet and ship them back.
Well since I am in the "Legal Processing Mode" right now that probably would not be a good idea.

They will eiher make them right or give me my money back and at this point that is what I would prefer. There are too many cases of a bad product being delivered and they think that since they are there and we are here that we will just give up. NOT. California has some pretty good consumer protection laws.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #64
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Well since I am in the "Legal Processing Mode" right now that probably would not be a good idea.

They will eiher make them right or give me my money back and at this point that is what I would prefer. There are too many cases of a bad product being delivered and they think that since they are there and we are here that we will just give up. NOT. California has some pretty good consumer protection laws.

the worst part is that by their standards, the wheels are fine. thats why i asked randy in the other thread whether their tolerance was .300" or .003"

big difference in the two.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #65
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

Not quite. With mine, they used a magic marker to fill in a paint chip before sending them back.

I'm serious. I sent them back to be refinished and when I got them back, there was a chip in one of the front wheels which someone had tried to hide with a black magic marker.

BTW, my Forgelines are at the tire shop right now being mounted and balanced.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:35 AM   #66
PQ
Booooosted.

Makes me wonder if they give us all the crap and cut corners to save money knowing we are so far away.

NOT sayign they do, but makes me wonder. I went to Gulf Coast Custom Wheels the day before I left for the fest and they said they had never seen a set of Savini wheels but were not impressed. The style is great. He wondered about the hoops.

It just REALLY sucks when EVERY TIME and I mean E.V.E.R.Y. Time I get them done they look at them funny and show me what's happening. Ugh...... I've gotten used to it though. Just need to either strip the paint off or have them redone.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #67
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

You know Norm brought up a good point about these wheels or specifically Savini Wheels.

Butler Tire said that they had not seen any issues with Savini Wheels before, several othe HIGH END Shops, I mean who have actual stores, I contacted said that they haven't seen any issues. Now they all could be telling me a lie, but Norm proposed that Savini knows there bread and butter is these high end shops who sell a ton of wheels.

He also suggests that Savini KNOWS they can not send substandard wheels to those vendors, SO when they get a set of wheels that are not 100% correct they remake them for the high end stores and set the "Blems" to the side.

Now once some internet shopper/forum buyer comes along they pass off these not exactly right wheels off on them knowing it is so hard to get any resolution. Savini claims they are "Custom" and once you have them they are yours, or that is what they tell these vendors. Since they are" Discounting the wheels they make the vendor eat the discount and the vendor is really not making any money off the wheels. They makes their money on tires, lugnuts, mounting etc... So when it goes bad Savini washes their hands of it, tell the vendor " You knew they were custom" and leaves the vendor holding the bag and since the vendor did not really make any money off the wheels they have no play in refunding peoples money. Savini plays the " In tolerance " game all the while the customer is getting screwed.

Makes alot of sense.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #68
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I guess they figure that us mullet wearing, Nascar loving, Crager riding camaro rednecks are too stupid to notice a vibration or a bad paint job. "F"em, I will tell every single person I know to never buy from those losers.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #69
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I guess they figure that us mullet wearing, Nascar loving, Crager riding camaro rednecks are too stupid to notice a vibration or a bad paint job. "F"em, I will tell every single person I know to never buy from those losers.
Are you my cousin? LMAO Yeah us dumb redneck, trailer park trash , mud riding, UFO watching igits don't know nutin......
Old 07-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #70
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Are you my cousin? LMAO Yeah us dumb redneck, trailer park trash , mud riding, UFO watching igits don't know nutin......
Yeah!

I bet Shack wouldn't get a set of screwed up rims(oh sorry, I mean wheels. That's the redneck coming out again.) if he bought from those losers.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote