Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Increased MPG with CAI and MRTv2

Contrary to popular belief, I am not getting better fuel mileage with my new CAI intake and MRTv2 exhaust... because I can't keep my foot out of the throttle! They sound too awesome!

Pics to come soon. I will also be posting some instructions and a template I created for what I think (personal preference) is a better way to mount the remote filler neck that comes with the washer bottle relocation kit. (Hint: No holes to drill and no kinks in the hose.)
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
Got my CAI delivered today. Now I have to wait till I get home to bolt it on.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
CAI and MRT take permagrin to a new level. Looking forward to pics!
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
Contrary to popular belief, I am not getting better fuel mileage with my new CAI intake and MRTv2 exhaust... because I can't keep my foot out of the throttle! They sound too awesome!

Pics to come soon. I will also be posting some instructions and a template I created for what I think (personal preference) is a better way to mount the remote filler neck that comes with the washer bottle relocation kit. (Hint: No holes to drill and no kinks in the hose.)
That is usually what happens. Very interested to see what you have come up with. Thanks for your order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD View Post
Got my CAI delivered today. Now I have to wait till I get home to bolt it on.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #5
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Chase, here's the link! Let me know what you think.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302280
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:41 AM   #6
Camaromax
Young Grasshopper

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2LS "MH"
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post

I have the same problem! lol except for the cai intake and the mrtv2 lol

2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2LS "MH"- *BBK Performance Cold Air Intake*Granatelli Motorsports Axle-Back Exhaust*Plasti-Dipped Wheel Trimmings, bezels and Bowties*LED interior lights*Eagle Eye Headlights
Camaromax is offline   Reply With Quote