Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #281
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullDuggery View Post
The pointy front bumper casts a shadow on the flat lower front grille. What's that all about? How does that look from the ground looking up? Is there an open space there or what? It does look like its been in an accident there.
May have been answered already; it appears to me that it is the place for the license plate. Avoids drilling holes and attaching a separate frame.
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #282
Gr8ride

Drives: Camaro 2Lt
Im not feeling it, The rear lights look like they belong on a Japanese car, the front fog lights look miopic like one of those memes with the little face on a normal head
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #283
delta6
USN-MSC

Drives: 2012 Camaro TF3 #427
I have looked at these pictures sooo many times and I just don't like the way it looks...especially the back part. I think that the new changes that they've made with this camaro take away from its looks rather than adding to it. The earlier versions are symmetrical in shape and appearance but the new one is like they forced those small grilles and tail lights on a muscle car. The earlier versions look like an angry cobra...this one looks like a tamed snake. I like the exhaust though. I'm not a hater...this is just my opinion.
delta6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #284
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
Hello everyone,

I've been a long time lurker of C5 for many years, and i hate to seem melodramatic on my first post here, but please, allow me to vent.

I'm 22 and have been saving for a Camaro SS for as long as I can remember. Between university and everything else, it's a long process. This was the year that I'm finally in a position to pull the trigger.

It was all worth it considering the 2010-2013 camaro. It's a true dream car, one that a young guy like me dreams of owning one day. In short, the looks were spot on. flawless really.

But this, Chevy... Man, it's hideous. this is an insult to me, as I always had the dream of buying new this coming year. But i can safely tell you that I'd never, ever buy the 2014. It's downright ugly, and it is far, far from a dream car. It looks like they took the 2010-13, hit it with the ugly stick and spat in all of our faces. WHY? why ruin perfection? Chevy, your original gen 5 is what got me into cars. Yes, it birthed a whole new passion for me. I can safely say that if this were the car that i saw as a 17 year old watching transformers for the first time, I would not be a car guy today.

The camaro was the muscle car of my time. But I can tell you this, it has now become the last-place, last resort muscle car. I wouldn't hesitate buying a mustang or challenger before this if in some wierd twist of reality I was forced to choose between the 3.

Sorry, but it's true. Chevrolet, for the love of GOD change it back, and wish me luck in finding a 2010-2013 model.
EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #285
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Resemblance?

Old 04-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #286
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
Resemblance?

Yeah it looks just like you.....

Sorry you left yourself open for that one.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #287
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
Resemblance?

Close but I think the refresh is uglier....
Old 04-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #288
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTrunkMusic View Post
Hello everyone,

I've been a long time lurker of C5 for many years, and i hate to seem melodramatic on my first post here, but please, allow me to vent.

I'm 22 and have been saving for a Camaro SS for as long as I can remember. Between university and everything else, it's a long process. This was the year that I'm finally in a position to pull the trigger.

It was all worth it considering the 2010-2013 camaro. It's a true dream car, one that a young guy like me dreams of owning one day. In short, the looks were spot on. flawless really.

But this, Chevy... Man, it's hideous. this is an insult to me, as I always had the dream of buying new this coming year. But i can safely tell you that I'd never, ever buy the 2014. It's downright ugly, and it is far, far from a dream car. It looks like they took the 2010-13, hit it with the ugly stick and spat in all of our faces. WHY? why ruin perfection? Chevy, your original gen 5 is what got me into cars. Yes, it birthed a whole new passion for me. I can safely say that if this were the car that i saw as a 17 year old watching transformers for the first time, I would not be a car guy today.

The camaro was the muscle car of my time. But I can tell you this, it has now become the last-place, last resort muscle car. I wouldn't hesitate buying a mustang or challenger before this if in some wierd twist of reality I was forced to choose between the 3.

Sorry, but it's true. Chevrolet, for the love of GOD change it back, and wish me luck in finding a 2010-2013 model.
good luck
batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #289
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Most vehicles today even compacts are getting more aggressive looking yet the Camaro for 2014 has been made to look more sedate. Why? This will no doubt effect sales. Anyone buying a Musclecar wants an aggressive look like the 2010-2013. I will say however the new Z/28 does have an aggressive front view.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #290
bumble
Account Suspended

Drives: bumble bee 2LT
R.I.P :(
bumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #291
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
IMO, the 2014 refresh Camaro is a fugly car, especially w/ the RS package Buyers enjoy your fugly car, but don't try and convince us disappointed otherwise, cuz you're nuts
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #292
Lucas Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Hello everyone,

why ruin perfection? Chevy, your original gen 5 is what got me into cars. Yes, it birthed a whole new passion for me. I can safely say that if this were the car that i saw as a 17 year old watching transformers for the first time, I would not be a car guy today.

The camaro was the muscle car of my time. But I can tell you this, it has now become the last-place, last resort muscle car. I wouldn't hesitate buying a mustang or challenger before this if in some weird twist of reality I was forced to choose between the 3.

I completely agree with this. I am only 20, and when I saw the new Camaro in Transformers- the scene where the 2nd Gen swapped to a 5th Gen I knew immediately that this car would be my dream car. Getting a Camaro has made me passionate about cars. Sure, I always had a general knowledge about cars (but not much more than the average boy). This car has made me an enthusiast of all cars. I think the reason why all of us are so angry with this refresh is that we think it takes away from the legacy of the Camaro we bought into. Sure many of us are thanking our lucky stars we got the Camaro between 10' - 13', but what we are more upset about is the whole brand image change. I think many of us agree that the new refresh just doesn't match up to what we think the Camaro should be. I wish that GM would have accentuated on the Camaro's strong points rather than take away from them.

People are getting mad that people are griping, but we are only griping because we care.
Lucas Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #293
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Understood, however I think he was saying that due to the question having been asked and answered already in this thread.
Affirmative, at least twice.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #294
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Went out this morning and bought a new BRM 2013.

Not that I hate the '14, but the dealers must getting some extra bucks to push out '13s based on the deal I got on my new 2LS. Way below invoice and rebates (and Private Offer)
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote