Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #15
superstockcam

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Yo View Post
So I ordered an SS in ABM last week never having actually seen the color in person. My decision was based on a majority of the pictures I've seen on this site. They all look very blue, which is what I wanted. But I happened by a dealership today that had some cars(HHR) in ABM and they looked almost green! It was very teal. Too much for my liking. Why is the image so blue when captured by a camera?

Anyway I immediately called my dealer and switched my color to IBM. I think I'll be happier in the long run. I'm not sure I could handle that ABM for more than a few months. Just not my cup of tea.

Chevrolet, are you listening? Make Stryker Blue available on the camaro or bring back Electron Blue.
I wish they would have offered Jetstream blue on the Camaro....until I took delivery in May! I love the color and was scared the entire 168 days I had to wait, I see 3 IBM Camaros on lots around here and no matter what the light or time of day they look black from 50 feet away. either way, you will have a Camaro!!
________
Vaporite Solo
Attached Images

Last edited by superstockcam; 04-19-2011 at 03:17 AM.
superstockcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:24 AM   #16
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
You need to see the color on the car you are purchasing. The lines and cuts on the Camaro highlight the hues differently than that of a vehicle with softer lines and curves.
You'll never know how it looks from looking at another car, or even looking at pictures.. After looking at the pictures and seeing the one on the build your own camaro thing on chevy website i was dead set on CGM but when i seen ABM in person it all changed... cyber grey still was amazing and quite frankly i would have gladly taken either one so it became a decision based on availability and greenwood chevy had one already in route so ABM i went.. And now that i hear ABM is gettin whacked.. I'm really glad i got one before that happened..
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #17
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Quote:
So I ordered an SS in ABM last week never having actually seen the color in person. My decision was based on a majority of the pictures I've seen on this site. They all look very blue, which is what I wanted. But I happened by a dealership today that had some cars(HHR) in ABM and they looked almost green! It was very teal. Too much for my liking. Why is the image so blue when captured by a camera?

Anyway I immediately called my dealer and switched my color to IBM. I think I'll be happier in the long run. I'm not sure I could handle that ABM for more than a few months. Just not my cup of tea.

Chevrolet, are you listening? Make Stryker Blue available on the camaro or bring back Electron Blue.

You really had to see the color in person. GM did not give it justice with the photoshopped color back last year. People saw a greenish aqua and likely got turned off. This color is going to be the "Damn, should of ordered that color" kinda car. Mark my words.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:11 PM   #18
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGriffin78 View Post
You really had to see the color in person. GM did not give it justice with the photoshopped color back last year. People saw a greenish aqua and likely got turned off. This color is going to be the "Damn, should of ordered that color" kinda car. Mark my words.
I'm countin on it!
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #19
philipdistefano
Remember, Remember...

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Send a message via AIM to philipdistefano
I've seen the ABM Camaro in person and it does not look teal. It looks exactly like in the pictures I've seen. :|
philipdistefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #20
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstockcam View Post
I wish they would have offered Jetstream blue on the Camaro....
If I remember correctly....they can't do that...iirc....something about how the Corvette is painted differently than most cars (being all fiberglass), and necessitating unique colors/paint.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:32 PM   #21
bluecamaroguy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS ABM!
ABM looks awful don't get it. (Makes mine rarer )
bluecamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #22
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
you made a huge mistake buddy...big one..aqua blue metallic in person is way better than in pictures....
Old 10-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #23
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
You need to see the color on the car you are purchasing. The lines and cuts on the Camaro highlight the hues differently than that of a vehicle with softer lines and curves.
Very true!!!
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #24
Bo Yo

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Oh come on! You guys are messing with my head.

Here's an interesting thought. What if ABM is not really ABM? Is it possible that Chevy actually added more blue to the color later in production in order to make it more appealing?

My dealer is set to get in an ABM early this week. I guess I'll have him hold off the change until I see it. Of course he said that he might just leave my first order as is, and order another one in IBM. If he did that I could take a look at the ABM when it comes in. If I like it, done deal. If not, the IBM will only be about a week or two behind.

So many choices. What to do?

But yes I will have a camaro regardless.
Bo Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #25
SS-screamer

Drives: SIM RS/SS L99
I've seen the ABM in person and frankly didn't like it. I thought it was too green and teal in color.
SS-screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #26
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
I have seen the blue HHR, it looks nothing like the blue on my Camaro. Do they call it Aqua blue Metallic on the HHR? If I were you I would switch back to ABM if it's not too late.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #27
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:

Park the same HHR in a different light and you will see a slightly different color. The color has a rare personality. I have noticed at least three different hews in different lighting. Very cool.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #28
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipdistefano View Post
I've seen the ABM Camaro in person and it does not look teal. It looks exactly like in the pictures I've seen. :|
It does NOT look teal, it looks BLUE like in the pictures.

IBM looks VERY close to BLACK, except the parts of the car that has the sun shining directly on.

97one is offline   Reply With Quote