Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #1
McSleepyx9

Drives: 2012 SW 1LT
RS Headlights

hey guys,

ok so I recently bought a 2012 camaro LT non-RS but now i want to have like halo lights on my camaro. Is it possible to like buy the RS-Headlights seperate?

Or if i wanted to buy the Oracle Lighting Halos thing, what do I have to buy first like a kit or something?

Idk jack s*** about theese stuff but im slowly trying to learn :(.

Basically, all I want is Halos on my 1LT. What do I have to do first?
McSleepyx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:51 AM   #2
STuRTzz

Drives: '12 Summit White 2ls W/Black Stripe
They are very expensive. If im remembering correctly its like 850 a piece at the dealer. You can get refurbished lights from a sponsor for 750 http://www.gen5diy.com/index.php?rou...&product_id=76. Also Amazon and ebay has some for 425ish-500ish. You could also spray paint inside your lights black and add oracle lights. I would only recommend the last option if you are doing it yourself because that method gets expensive.
STuRTzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #3
Npplchamp05

Drives: Jaguar X-Type, Camaro 2ss
I have an SS. None -RS . I just bought Halos with the harness off of a guy from this site. Im going to have them professionally installed. Seems like a pain and the whole bumper has to come off. If you buy the lights of gen5diy make sure you get the harness also.
Npplchamp05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSleepyx9 View Post
hey guys,

ok so I recently bought a 2012 camaro LT non-RS but now i want to have like halo lights on my camaro. Is it possible to like buy the RS-Headlights seperate?

Or if i wanted to buy the Oracle Lighting Halos thing, what do I have to buy first like a kit or something?

Idk jack s*** about theese stuff but im slowly trying to learn :(.

Basically, all I want is Halos on my 1LT. What do I have to do first?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Npplchamp05 View Post
I have an SS. None -RS . I just bought Halos with the harness off of a guy from this site. Im going to have them professionally installed. Seems like a pain and the whole bumper has to come off. If you buy the lights of gen5diy make sure you get the harness also.
Do a search in the lighting section for "retrofit". If you change you lights at all make sure to upgrade to HID projectors.

BTW: the bumper does have to come off but it's super easy. The bumper is not the issue. Heating up your headlights and prying off the lens is probably the biggest PITA.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
camaro2rs
Account Suspended

Drives: camaro
pm me if u want rs lights i have a set
camaro2rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
retrofit them like i did. Hell of a lot cheaper:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201133
Old 09-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Npplchamp05 View Post
I can take off the bumper in 15 min. Not hard at all.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #8
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
You can either buy the rs headlights seperately but even used, they are about 800 dollars.

You can also do an HID Projector retrofit if you wan't that "RS" look. I personally did an HID Retrofit that cost about 500. But I was able to get better light output from my retrofit and also got colorshift halos so I have halos that change colors. I got all that so i'm really satisfied with my choice. I've also done a bunch of headlights before so opening them is no big deal anymore to me.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote