Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Wheels / Tires

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
SSHSSISS

Drives: 2010 2SS
2 Mickey Thompson ET Street P305 45 R18 C5 Z06 Replica Wheels 18x10.5 53 Offset

Quantity 2 Mickey Thompson ET Street P305/45R18 mounted on 18 x 10.5 C5 Z06 Corvette replica wheels with a +53 offset. Used maybe just a few times each with very mild burnouts in a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS. Rubber didn't hardly melt on tires as I only needed better traction and didn't want to hard launch with stock half shafts.

Tires and rims have been stored in garage under covers. Rims do not include center caps or lug nuts.

Noticed a half second less 1/8 mile using this setup.

Please contact with any questions.

Asking $950 shipped.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:05 PM   #2
SSHSSISS

Pictures

Here are pictures
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2014, 04:18 PM   #3
SSHSSISS

Quantity 2 Mickey Thompson ET Street P305/45R18 mounted on 18 x 10.5 C5 Z06 Corvette replica wheels with a +53 offset. Used maybe just a few times each with very mild burnouts in a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS. Rubber didn't hardly melt on tires as I only needed better traction and didn't want to hard launch with stock half shafts.

Tires and rims have been stored in garage under covers. Rims do not include center caps or lug nuts.

Asking $950 shipped.
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #4
SSHSSISS

Asking $950 shipped.
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
hiddenangels89

Drives: 2012 SS Camaro L99
strange coincidence possibly, but i was just looking to buy these in black... so maybe you might know

I'm new to the track thing, so i've gotta start somewhere right?

question 1: with these being a 10.5" wide rim, I'm only at 480's rwhp 460's rwtq... will i have any issues using these tires with everything else being stock? as in, it's not going to cause me to twist / break anything a 9.5" tire wouldn't do will it?

question 2: does the +53 offset match up to the camaro perfect, or did you have to do anything special?

question 3: does the 18" rim clear the caliper/shoe just fine

question 4: do you have to tie the brake line back with this rim / have any rub issues i would want to be aware of?

question 5: what wall size is the tire / did you have to calibrate your speedo to work with these? (or do you know the full diameter of the tire? if you're unsure)

I'm just trying to get the tire thing right the first time, thanks in advance.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #6
65special

Drives: still looking
Hi there!
whats it going to take to install these? spacer or what ever?
are they 5 x 120?

thank you
Old 04-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #7
SSHSSISS

question 1: with these being a 10.5" wide rim, I'm only at 480's rwhp 460's rwtq... will i have any issues using these tires with everything else being stock? as in, it's not going to cause me to twist / break anything a 9.5" tire wouldn't do will it?

A) I am at 500hp at flywheel with BMR trailing arms and toe links. If you do a real hard launch anything can break really (that's drag racing). Having said that the first component that may fail in the stock half shafts due to the smaller spline and tapered down shaft at the point where the shafts enter the differential. Having said that, I have not broken anything as of yet. I asked a few GM dealers as well as a GM tech at a local NHRA event in which they all said sure anything can break the car can handle a lot. At the very least I would kill as much wheel hop as possible by installing training arms and toe links $250 and/or shafts $1,500 (pricey I know but everything is on this car). You can just not launch as hard like I did and you would be fine - usually took off at 3,000-3,500 rpm

question 2: does the +53 offset match up to the camaro perfect, or did you have to do anything special?

A) Other than having to tie up the emergency brake cable to the toe link yes it cleared great. The emergency brake cable was rubbing on the inside of the rim just enough to start to wear the insulation

question 3: does the 18" rim clear the caliper/shoe just fine?

A) YUP other than what I described above

question 4: do you have to tie the brake line back with this rim / have any rub issues i would want to be aware of?

A) See above

question 5: what wall size is the tire / did you have to calibrate your speedo to work with these? (or do you know the full diameter of the tire? if you're unsure)

A) No calibration presently running stock GM option rims and 21" Pirelli Tiers, you can see pics of the car for those. Don't know the wall size off hand but I achieved the same tires size of my 21s with these so you can imagine how much more tread wall these are with 18" tires.

Also to note I ran at about 14-15 lbs in each tire
Old 04-21-2014, 06:49 PM   #8
hiddenangels89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSHSSISS View Post

A) I am at 500hp at flywheel with BMR trailing arms and toe links. If you do a real hard launch anything can break really (that's drag racing). Having said that the first component that may fail in the stock half shafts due to the smaller spline and tapered down shaft at the point where the shafts enter the differential. Having said that, I have not broken anything as of yet. I asked a few GM dealers as well as a GM tech at a local NHRA event in which they all said sure anything can break the car can handle a lot. At the very least I would kill as much wheel hop as possible by installing training arms and toe links $250 and/or shafts $1,500 (pricey I know but everything is on this car). You can just not launch as hard like I did and you would be fine - usually took off at 3,000-3,500 rpm

A) Other than having to tie up the emergency brake cable to the toe link yes it cleared great. The emergency brake cable was rubbing on the inside of the rim just enough to start to wear the insulation

question 3: does the 18" rim clear the caliper/shoe just fine?

A) YUP other than what I described above

A) See above

A) No calibration presently running stock GM option rims and 21" Pirelli Tiers, you can see pics of the car for those. Don't know the wall size off hand but I achieved the same tires size of my 21s with these so you can imagine how much more tread wall these are with 18" tires.

Also to note I ran at about 14-15 lbs in each tire

You have been most helpful! Thanks so much for the information.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:51 PM   #9
SSHSSISS

Just so you know I am running Kook 1-7/8" LT headers, a Flowmaster Catback, a K&N intake and Janetty Racing tune as far a performance options go right now.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:54 PM   #10
SSHSSISS

If you have a M6 then it is recommended you use slicks not et streets, but even though mine is a M6 I chose ETs so I could drive on street and not have to deal with tire changes. Slicks are supposed to give you better launch/traction with a manual-ETs are better in theory for an auto.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #11
SSHSSISS

Nope just bolted them on, but had to tie up the emergency brake line due to rubbing in the inside of the rim a little; that's drag racing.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #12
hiddenangels89

I just realized you're in California, what part?

I've only been to drag strip a hand full of times, but the lats time we went my tires just spun and i'm on 315's with pretty new vredestein tires on there, so figured it might be time to get some actual track tires.

Mines an Auto, but I have Edelbrock SC'r (3.5" pulley ~6.9Lbs of boost), Borla Long Tubes (1 3/4" primaries), cat delete, resonator delete, straight pipe to dual Flowmasters (single chamber - super 10's), then i have a custom built AEM cold air intake and a tune.

This is sitting on the zl1 replica rims, 20x10 front, 20x11 rear

my next set of upgrades will be ID800 injectors, JRE Fuel rail upgrade, ZL1 Fuel pump & Adm control module, and a 3.25" pulley + tune, and recently adding rear tires to the next set of upgrades for track use
Old 04-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #13
SSHSSISS

Sounds sweet!!! If you know the Mammoth Lakes area then your in the ballpark where I'm at. I almost beat a sc 2010 camaro but he beat me on the top end. I had him at the first 500 feet and then he nosed me out on a eighth mile track was running the ETs at the time and gave him a good race. I think u can do damage in a good way with race tires with your sc setup, just don't forget the half shafts.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:03 AM   #14
hiddenangels89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSHSSISS View Post
Sounds sweet!!! If you know the Mammoth Lakes area then your in the ballpark where I'm at. I almost beat a sc 2010 camaro but he beat me on the top end. I had him at the first 500 feet and then he nosed me out on a eighth mile track was running the ETs at the time and gave him a good race. I think u can do damage in a good way with race tires with your sc setup, just don't forget the half shafts.
Oh yeah, I believe that's the same area everyone goes snowboarding at, aboit 5hrs north of LA area or so.

Im also going to have to add half shafts before track time, my budget has been exceeded by a couple hundred already, but oh well, most people would be impressed it's only a couple hundred and now thousand with these things huh? Haha

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Closed Thread

Tags
53 offset, c5 z06 corvette replica, c5 z06 replica wheels 18x10.5, c5 z06 replica wheels 18x10.5 r18, mickey thompson et street, p305 45, p305 45 r18, p305/45r18, slicks