Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-25-2015, 03:55 PM   #1
kyle@ridetech.com

Drives: 1969 SS/RS Camaro
How to spot and prevent air leaks

One of the biggest concerns we hear from people considering air suspension is the possibility of air leakage. To help prevent this, RideTech uses bubble-tight DOT-approved fittings and airline. Typically, any leaks we see are from improperly sealed threads or improperly cut airline. For threads, be sure to use an appropriate amount of Teflon tape or paste; for airline, remember that you must have a clean, 90-degree cut on the end of the airline and insert it straight into the fitting. If leaks still persist, the best way to find them is to use a spray bottle of water and kids' bubble solution (dish soap can also be used, but is designed to slide off surfaces and may not bubble at the leak); spray the solution around all fittings and threads, and watch for bubbles.

If you use efficient sealing methods, don't over- or under-tighten fittings, cut your airline straight, and make sure it's seated firmly in the fitting, there should be no leaks. If you suspect a leak, use bubble solution instead of dish soap to hunt it down. And if you have any questions, we're always just a phone call away at 812-481-4787!!
kyle@ridetech.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:59 AM   #2
tooheysmax

Drives: Black 2SS RS
I lose between 4-7 lbs of pressure if I leave the car parked all day. Im on a digital control I went from a single viair 380 to dual 444. Did not matter i opened up a second port on my 4 gallon tank and still same results. I can deal with that.
Attached Images

tooheysmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:50 PM   #3
kyle@ridetech.com

Drives: 1969 SS/RS Camaro
Are you using the braided leads supplied with the compressors. I'm not too familiar with the Viairs as we use Thomas compressors, but I do know the braided leads that come with them contain a check valve. If they're not installed, the air could be back feeding through the compressor.
kyle@ridetech.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:38 PM   #4
tooheysmax

Drives: Black 2SS RS
They do have check valves as well as I have a second separate check valve. I have never pulled any of the lines from the manifold since install but I have replace the tank and compressors same results. I understand fluctuations in pressure during times of day as it gets warmer and cooler. I'd rather not mess with anything since im about to SEO a 3500 mile road trip.
tooheysmax is offline   Reply With Quote