Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-14-2009, 08:27 PM   #253
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
It clearly states that the vehicles are not for sale on the sticker in the front window. Scott says they are captured fleet vehicles. More and more are showing up at the factory lot. Ok perhaps these vehicles will get sent out to the dealers as their one v6 that does not count against their allocations. Excellent idea to send these out like this so that they cant sell them off. This will insure that dealers keep one in the showroom so buyers can order a car. Then they build them as they are ordered rather than flooding car lots across the country with cars that are sitting unsold. Seems like GM maybe is really looking at this as an opportunity to do things differently and more profitably. Just speculation but it really seems to make sense. I know my dealer would sell the V6 as soon as they got it if they could and I bet all the other dealers would as well. Go GM Go
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:30 PM   #254
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Are you Scott's Boss, where do you get your information from? You are not arguing with us but calling Scott out on what he told us...
All I know is he said this about ALL the cars
Listen, I am not calling Scott out. And if at the end of the day these are all CTF cars and I get proven wrong, I will apologize to Scott and all on here. That's between $6M and $7.5M worth of cars sitting there. Why exactly would GM need that many CTF cars? Did you ever think that there are things that Scott can't or won't tell us? And the source of my information and who I am is no one's business. I am just posting my feelings on the situation.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:58 PM   #255
Redwolf20

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
It clearly states that the vehicles are not for sale on the sticker in the front window. Scott says they are captured fleet vehicles. More and more are showing up at the factory lot. Ok perhaps these vehicles will get sent out to the dealers as their one v6 that does not count against their allocations. Excellent idea to send these out like this so that they cant sell them off. This will insure that dealers keep one in the showroom so buyers can order a car. Then they build them as they are ordered rather than flooding car lots across the country with cars that are sitting unsold. Seems like GM maybe is really looking at this as an opportunity to do things differently and more profitably. Just speculation but it really seems to make sense. I know my dealer would sell the V6 as soon as they got it if they could and I bet all the other dealers would as well. Go GM Go
The 1-per-dealer cars are saleable.
Redwolf20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:24 AM   #256
jptait

Drives: S 2000, VFR 69 Camero RS 350
Smile factory is in full production since Feb 09.

This evening I was @ local car rally @ Scottsdale Pavilions Indian bend this Saturday night event...A GM Employee showed up with RED SS2 Camero produced in the 1st run of 200 plus cars. Also, that they produced over 400 camero's and the factory is in full production since Feb 09. Next week he will drive the car to Prescott, AZ for a Saturday night showing with the Red SS2. This car had black interior, sunroof, RS package & leather inserts with a light gray! We were able to look in side. He said the driving was very impressive. The clutch was so light to feel, very easy regarding the engagement... He said as easy as my S2000!
jptait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #257
jptait

Drives: S 2000, VFR 69 Camero RS 350
GM employee will drive red SS2 for 6 mo's then turn in car back in... drove out for MI himself..
jptait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:28 AM   #258
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jptait View Post
This evening I was @ local car rally @ Scottsdale Pavilions Indian bend this Saturday night event...A GM Employee showed up with RED SS2 Camero produced in the 1st run of 200 plus cars. Also, that they produced over 400 camero's and the factory is in full production since Feb 09. Next week he will drive the car to Prescott, AZ for a Saturday night showing with the Red SS2. This car had black interior, sunroof, RS package & leather inserts with a light gray! We were able to look in side. He said the driving was very impressive. The clutch was so light to feel, very easy regarding the engagement... He said as easy as my S2000!
What's a CAMERO?
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #259
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Listen, I am not calling Scott out. And if at the end of the day these are all CTF cars and I get proven wrong, I will apologize to Scott and all on here. That's between $6M and $7.5M worth of cars sitting there. Why exactly would GM need that many CTF cars? Did you ever think that there are things that Scott can't or won't tell us? And the source of my information and who I am is no one's business. I am just posting my feelings on the situation.
Pete, I got a gut feeling you are rite on this, thing is we may never know
for sure.................... Dont flame!! just my 0.02
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:22 AM   #260
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:

I have for years been saying that you can only judge true quality of a vehicle after you have owned it for 5 years, not 6 months. If some of these CTF cars are to be driven long term for this purpose then you need at least 200 cars to see if there are defects such as the power window motors in the 4th gen, or the dash cracking in the 3rd gens and so forth.

It would be impossible to establish defect patterns by only testing 50 cars. If GM is going to build 200 CTF vehicles for each new model they bring out so that they can long term test them, I'm all for it! A long time coming imo.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #261
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
If he can't say anything, he won't say anything. He won't outright lie to us.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:31 AM   #262
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
It seems that the cars will eventually be in dealers. possible as corp demo cars but I am glad to see them being produced either as demos CTF or dealer cars either way they will eventually hit the streets. Plus they are that many cars closer to lifting the USA v6 constraints and getting our pre sold cars to us. What ever they are I am glad to see them and that means we are all that much closer to getting ours.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #263
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Scott S. has the name of Fbodfather for a reason and he has access to all the FACTS... all these other people are giving OPINIONS, not facts.. I trust what Scott S. says, Not someone giving an opinion...
I just don't understand with as many times he has told us things, people on here still want to act like they know more than he does...

Just do a search on Fbodfathers posts and read what he has said time and time again about these cars...

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 03-15-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #264
camarorick

Drives: .
I have an observation..... Why would GM need all these extra CTF vehicles if the regular production is starting ? It doesn't make sense that the regular population will be getting their cars at the same time GM personnel will be getting the CTF's !!..... Just saying......
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #265
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Why can't those cars go to the dealers with those "M" stickers and sit on the showroom so the dealer CAN'T sell them and then GM send them the legit stickers for that car a month later?

-bobby
Old 03-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #266
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Someone in Canada needs to make a run by the lots again. I read in another thread they were filling up!
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote