Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 04-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #169
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
Dinner Cruise update

At the moment I estimate 25 people that are cruising to dinner. That is one per car plus more if indicated (like +1) would count as two. Please check your name and count on page 1, and update us if it's wrong (e.g., cjscjs ???)

We are looking at 6:30 for dinner.

I have checked three restaurants that I know. I dont like to wait more than 5 mins for a table, so that narrows the field significantly. Anyway, these three have decent food and suitable parking. (low traffic area, no pot holes or speed bumps, can park near each other)

Our dilemma is it will be Friday night. No restaurant wants to set aside 30 seats without some assurances we will be on time and spend a reasonable amount on dinner. (more than just water, salsa and a taco)

Southern SmoQ BBQ - really good food, great parking - no booze - max capacity 60 seats. Owner would love to have us and offered a discount. This is a new restaurant. I have eaten there a few times already. Laid back, casual well lit.

Cabos Mexican - decent food, decent parking, great margaritas - willing to seat us together in a separate room, but cant guarantee we all sit together. Fridays are their busiest nights. I have eaten there countless times. Tends to be a busy atmosphere.

Bi Ba's Italian - Decent food - good parking - beer and wine available. It's not very big, but they have a covered patio that normally seats 20. We may be able to reserve it, and they can add some tables. Otherwise, we will fill about half the restaurant.

There are dozens of other restaurants along the path from Road Atlanta to the mall. In fact, there is a seafood restaurant on the same road as the track that I will contact.

What now? Need you to:

Confirm your cruise/dinner status on page one so we can get an accurate count.

Let me know if any of these restaurants just wont work for the group or if you have a strong preference.

Note that I have to nail this down by the 12th before I head out of town for the week.
Thanks,
Chris
Chris,
Thank you for pulling this all together.
In 1 car wife and I will be doing the cruise.
Wife and are want to do dinner with the group.
Restaurant in order of our preference as follows:
1. Bi Ba's Italian
2. Southern SmoQ BBQ
3. Cabos Mexican
We will attend whatever restaurant the group decides on.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers & rotors, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, full rear cradle & diff bushings, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, ZL1 Brembo Brake pads, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp Cam valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR 5 timing chain, LS2 damper, CAI Cold Air Induction, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 wheels w/Vredestein 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, '11 Convertible spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #170
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2010 ABM/LT/RS & z71
Thanks - It is nice to be appreciated.
Don't forget David is doing the heavy lifting arranging the coral.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #171
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
I'm staying there too. Hope it is a nice place and close to the mall.
Ed M.
I believe this is the one off I-85 which is right at Mall of Georgia, down the road from Friday's and Costco! It is close to the mall.

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #172
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
Dinner Cruise update

At the moment I estimate 25 people that are cruising to dinner. That is one per car plus more if indicated (like +1) would count as two. Please check your name and count on page 1, and update us if it's wrong (e.g., cjscjs ???)

We are looking at 6:30 for dinner.

I have checked three restaurants that I know. I dont like to wait more than 5 mins for a table, so that narrows the field significantly. Anyway, these three have decent food and suitable parking. (low traffic area, no pot holes or speed bumps, can park near each other)

Our dilemma is it will be Friday night. No restaurant wants to set aside 30 seats without some assurances we will be on time and spend a reasonable amount on dinner. (more than just water, salsa and a taco)

Southern SmoQ BBQ - really good food, great parking - no booze - max capacity 60 seats. Owner would love to have us and offered a discount. This is a new restaurant. I have eaten there a few times already. Laid back, casual well lit.

Cabos Mexican - decent food, decent parking, great margaritas - willing to seat us together in a separate room, but cant guarantee we all sit together. Fridays are their busiest nights. I have eaten there countless times. Tends to be a busy atmosphere.

Bi Ba's Italian - Decent food - good parking - beer and wine available. It's not very big, but they have a covered patio that normally seats 20. We may be able to reserve it, and they can add some tables. Otherwise, we will fill about half the restaurant.

There are dozens of other restaurants along the path from Road Atlanta to the mall. In fact, there is a seafood restaurant on the same road as the track that I will contact.

What now? Need you to:

Confirm your cruise/dinner status on page one so we can get an accurate count.

Let me know if any of these restaurants just wont work for the group or if you have a strong preference.

Note that I have to nail this down by the 12th before I head out of town for the week.
Thanks,
Chris
So - I am confirming 1 for cruise/dinner

Listing those who have confirmed:
Coleman Voice - 1 - no stated dinner preference
4SFEDSS - 2 - no stated dinner preference
flht99b - 2 #1 Bibas, #2 BBQ, #3 Mexican
dianeokie - 1 - #1 BBQ #2 Mexican #3 Bibas

Thanks for this Chris!

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #173
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Confirming one for dinner with no preference as to where.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #174
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Chris, I know it's not close to the folks hotels, but off the chateau élan exit, a couple miles down the road is also a Japanese Restraunt and a Italian grill there also! We've ate at both and both are A+ in our books!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #175
SparkyDL75
SparkyDL75

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
Please do, and if you have any questions, please let me know. If anyone is coming, have them post here so I can add them to the sign-up list. Also make sure they let me know if they are interested in the cruise/dinner.

Grand Am is some of the best racing there is right now....Barber should be a really good race.

Is there I Camaro Corral at Barber?

Thanks,

David
There was not one listed when I purchased my tickets. I paid for the car corral premium parking but I don't think there is anything special planned for camaros.

I hope to attend the Road Atlanta race. I will know more by the first of next week.
Suspension Pedders Pace Car Pkg w/ZL1 Upgrade; Pedders Upper & Lower Control Arm, Steering, & Differential Mount Bushings; Pedders SS Brake Lines; Pedders Dual Bearing Camber Plates; ZL1 Toe Link; Hawk Performance Ceramic brake pads
Drivetrain Maggie2300(8psi-3.4pulley); CompCam; 85lb injectors; ZL1 fuel pump; ZR1 MAP; Centerforce DYAD Twin Disc clutch; Stainless Works LT headers; QTP Cutouts; Rotofab intake; RX catch can; Mike Norris tune 643rwhp 598 rwtq

SparkyDL75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #176
Gizz69
Tony

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Blk/Blk
I live just down the road so I will probably come to dinner and the cruise, but I will not be going to the race. If I was able to drive my car on that track like a race car, then I would be in.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #177
SparkyDL75
SparkyDL75

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/Grey
Im paying $70 for a one day pass with paddock access to Barber this saturday. The car corral parking is another $35. And I don't even get to put the car on track at Barber. This sounds like an awesome deal to me!!
Suspension Pedders Pace Car Pkg w/ZL1 Upgrade; Pedders Upper & Lower Control Arm, Steering, & Differential Mount Bushings; Pedders SS Brake Lines; Pedders Dual Bearing Camber Plates; ZL1 Toe Link; Hawk Performance Ceramic brake pads
Drivetrain Maggie2300(8psi-3.4pulley); CompCam; 85lb injectors; ZL1 fuel pump; ZR1 MAP; Centerforce DYAD Twin Disc clutch; Stainless Works LT headers; QTP Cutouts; Rotofab intake; RX catch can; Mike Norris tune 643rwhp 598 rwtq

SparkyDL75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #178
Gizz69
Tony

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Blk/Blk
I like to watch racing and all, but I would much rather drive my car on the track (at non-pace lap conditions). I am sure you will have a great time.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #179
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyDL75 View Post
Im paying $70 for a one day pass with paddock access to Barber this saturday. The car corral parking is another $35. And I don't even get to put the car on track at Barber. This sounds like an awesome deal to me!!
Yea its going to be awesome. I hope you can make it down and join us.

Last edited by driser; 04-04-2013 at 06:54 PM.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #180
mlee
www.CamaroFest.org

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
We had a blast at our Camaro Corral. I know you guys will too...
Old 04-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #181
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
We had a blast at our Camaro Corral. I know you guys will too...
Thanks, we hope so!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #182
2SS4JAS

Drives: 2011 IBM 2ss
I'm in for 1 for dinner no preference as to where,