Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-18-2015, 09:51 PM   #1
Windycity

Drives: Yellow 1le
New 1le ordered!

Hello all, glad to finally be back into a car that has some muscle after spending the last 20 years driving beaters. Started out back in the day with a 68 camaro but sold it when i had a baby long ago. Now that i have the means (money) i finally ordered a 15 1le camaro with recaros, npp, ba, 1ss , and backup cam!

I was going to go with another old camaro but after seeing what the price was on them for something decent i figured i might as well get a new one for the price. Plus i do plan on tracking it occasionally for fun! I have 2 daily drivers so this will be my garage queen as well as my pleasure car!

Glad to FINALLY be back with my passion.....cars. Looking forward to spending time on here and glad to be a part of the community!

Now the torture starts waiting for my car to arrive!

Dave
Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:54 PM   #2
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Great choice of options, you'll love it !!
Old 06-18-2015, 10:11 PM   #3
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Great choice, Congrats!
Old 06-18-2015, 10:17 PM   #4
Windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMY1LE View Post
Great choice of options, you'll love it !!
Thank you! It was 2 years in the making until i finally bit the bullet
Old 06-19-2015, 08:41 AM   #5
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Cool, I did a similar thing (SS) after 30 years without a Camaro. Good Luck With It!!
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:52 AM   #6
Andoskyy

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windycity View Post
Hello all, glad to finally be back into a car that has some muscle after spending the last 20 years driving beaters. Started out back in the day with a 68 camaro but sold it when i had a baby long ago. Now that i have the means (money) i finally ordered a 15 1le camaro with recaros, npp, ba, 1ss , and backup cam!

I was going to go with another old camaro but after seeing what the price was on them for something decent i figured i might as well get a new one for the price. Plus i do plan on tracking it occasionally for fun! I have 2 daily drivers so this will be my garage queen as well as my pleasure car!

Glad to FINALLY be back with my passion.....cars. Looking forward to spending time on here and glad to be a part of the community!

Dave

Congrats Dave! What color did you order?

Great minds think alike! I started restoring a '68 after I graduated college a bit over 10 years ago. I quickly realized that it was going to cost way too much and that I should be saving for a house, and other mature things, instead. I know...boooooring! haha

When my company IPO'd I considered another '68. To get a really nice, reliable, and modern handling '68 was WAY more money than a new 1LE. I jumped on a 2015 because the 2016's looked a bit soft for me. The 15's, to me, feel like a real tribute to the 1st gens. The 16's look like a tribute to all modern cars.

Enjoy your ride! I got mine last week and have put on 500 miles. I never test drove a Camaro period...and I have zero regrets!

You will LOVE the NPP! I haven't turned my radio on yet
Andoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:03 AM   #7
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:

Dave
Hi Dave,
Congrats on the order!
I just ordered a 1LE, too. I went with a 2SS, non-RS, 1LE, in silver, with dual mode exhaust, Recaro seats, sunroof, nav, and body colored grille.

My order went to Event Status Code 3000 this past Tuesday. That means that GM's production control has accepted the order.

No TPW yet, but I expect to see the car in either late July or early August, barring any issues/quality holds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andoskyy View Post
I jumped on a 2015 because the 2016's looked a bit soft for me.
Same reason I went with the '15.
The '16s are nice, but just too soft for my liking. Plus the car looks goofy from certain angles.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:40 AM   #8
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Hope this don't torture you to bad! Congrats on ordering your 1LE, and you will remember this experience forever! What week is your car scheduled to be built?
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2015, 05:33 PM   #9
Windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andoskyy View Post
Congrats Dave! What color did you order?

Great minds think alike! I started restoring a '68 after I graduated college a bit over 10 years ago. I quickly realized that it was going to cost way too much and that I should be saving for a house, and other mature things, instead. I know...boooooring! haha

When my company IPO'd I considered another '68. To get a really nice, reliable, and modern handling '68 was WAY more money than a new 1LE. I jumped on a 2015 because the 2016's looked a bit soft for me. The 15's, to me, feel like a real tribute to the 1st gens. The 16's look like a tribute to all modern cars.

Enjoy your ride! I got mine last week and have put on 500 miles. I never test drove a Camaro period...and I have zero regrets!

You will LOVE the NPP! I haven't turned my radio on yet

cant believe i forgot to say bright yellow! I really am an old muscle car guy however the value of the old cars is way up, I have been looking at cars for a few years now and just cant justify paying the same price for an old car that will probably overheat, probably have some electrical issue, probably need some money and work! Everybody always mentions the glory days of american muscle however i really believe that time is now. modern muscle cars can cruse the highway at 80 with the windows up, ac on and be able to talk to your passengers, plus they are reliable for a road trip!
Old 06-19-2015, 05:43 PM   #10
Windycity

i decided to wait for the release of the 16 before i made the decision and i agree, the front looks badass on the 16 however i dont like the rear quarters. of coarse i would have to see it in person. Personally i think i am one of the few that likes the 15 interior. I dont want my link or nsync or a cockpit to be in. i need a tack, speedo and a six speed. IMO its just more technology BS to distract me, i have enough of that on my iphone and i dont need it in my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Hope this don't torture you to bad! Congrats on ordering your 1LE, and you will remember this experience forever! What week is your car scheduled to be built?
I ordered it the week after the 16s were released and chevy accepted, however as of last week my salesman said he checked and it was still qued for production.....
Old 06-19-2015, 05:58 PM   #11
HuJass

Quote:
i decided to wait for the release of the 16 before i made the decision and i agree, the front looks badass on the 16 however i dont like the rear quarters. of coarse i would have to see it in person. Personally i think i am one of the few that likes the 15 interior. I dont want my link or nsync or a cockpit to be in. i need a tack, speedo and a six speed. IMO its just more technology BS to distract me, i have enough of that on my iphone and i dont need it in my car.
I like the 5th gen interior better, too. But not because of the technology. I like the new technologies.
I just don't like the aesthetics of the new car. Everything looks tacked on and just hanging there.
The current car's interior looks more integrated and smooth.

Quote:
I ordered it the week after the 16s were released and chevy accepted, however as of last week my salesman said he checked and it was still qued for production.....
What day did your dealer put your order in?
Do you know what Event Status Code your order is at?
2004 Colorado ZQ8
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
Old 06-22-2015, 05:23 PM   #12
Windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
What day did your dealer put your order in?
Do you know what Event Status Code your order is at?
Dont know the code but i guess dealer said it will be built this week! Kicked around ordering for 2 years trying to make the right decision now that its ordered i am impatient as heck! LOL
Old 06-22-2015, 06:58 PM   #13
HuJass

Quote:
Dont know the code but i guess dealer said it will be built this week! Kicked around ordering for 2 years trying to make the right decision now that its ordered i am impatient as heck! LOL
I put my order in on June 10th.
Just got my TPW (target production week).
Barring any changes, it should be built sometime during the week of August 3rd.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
Old 06-23-2015, 02:24 PM   #14
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
Congrats,
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote