Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
Ironhead

Drives: 07 Mazda 3/1ton landyacht
Dealership Closures?

A little input on this matter will help me. How will 1,100 dealership closures help GM save $$$? How many calls have been made to Corporate with an issue about a dealer with the same response? We do not control or influence the dealerships. My understanding is that the dealership "Owns" its vehicles. One may also consider a parts and service inventory. Is removing these dealerships supposed to create Brand competition or just more price gouging by limited dealers? A recent Loded 2ss was sold here in Oregon for $15,000 over MSRP......... Our ability as consumers to negotiate will essentially be put in Handcuffs! I can hear it now. Take or leave it......The next dealer is not just around the corner anymore.
Discuss.........
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
Sparks

Drives: 1969 Camaro SS
Not receiving my order!

I sent GM the following to vent about my dealer being advised today that they would not receive any more Camaros due to GM's desire to close their dealership October of 2010. I was a late pre-order, but I was a pre-order customer that I think GM should value more that they do based on their unwillingness to assist us through this process. Any opinions are welcome. I am not wanting receipt of a car before it is my turn, but I should not have to start the process over when I followed the pre-order process!

I would like information on why the customer is the one suffering the consequences of GM shutting down dealerships and not making accommodations for customers that ordered according to the required guidelines. I am not pleased that I have been advised today by City Chevrolet (BAC Code: 184474) of OKC, OK that my pre-ordered Camaro (NHWN7K) will not be honored by Chevrolet because of its intent not to provide any additional vehicles beyond the original allocation that the dealer was provided. It is not the customers fault that this is happening and therefore should not be the one penalized by having to start over after fallowing the exact process to order that GM required. GM is aware of what dealer has allocations and GM is the company that promoted the pre-order process and therefore GM should take care of its loyal customers and assist the customer through this process by making order transfer arrangements and honoring the pre-order status vs. making the customer shop for a new dealer with no real knowledge of which dealer has current allocations.

This would be easier to accept if I hadn't already received a welcome package and clear acceptance documentation from GM! I feel that it is not asking much for assistance in maintaining my pre-order status and maintaining the original MSRP Pricing that I would have received if GM would honor business relations with a dealer that is a legal franchise through October of 2010!

This process is seriously flawed and gives GM a bad name when it comes to true customer service. If an order is in the Workbench and is associated with a dealer that GM is unwilling to honor the order, then GM should make it a priority to make the necessary accommodations to assist the customer! I have emailed previous questions through this portal with no response! I would hope that someone would give me the consideration of providing a response to my concerns.

Sincerely,

Scott
Sparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:39 AM   #3
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
More likely the dealer has a credit problem with GM and can't pay for new product.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:19 AM   #4
CTS

Drives: 2021 Sierra Denali 6.2L/10sp CC 4WD
Quote:
Our ability as consumers to negotiate will essentially be put in Handcuffs!
BINGO! Someone gets it.

This is exactly the reason to cut back on dealers. Too much competition among themselves. They got buyers traveling 100's of miles to buy Toyota's (my neighbors for instance 175 miles) so why not Chevy buyers? They want their dealers to compete with other brands, not other GM dealers.

Quote:
My understanding is that the dealership "Owns" its vehicles.
Most GM dealers use GMAC to finance their cars (floor plan), some use banks but there are very few that pay cash and own them outright. GM no longer has ownership of that was what you meant. Years ago a local Chevy dealer went belly up and it was learned GMAC and some banks both held interest in his cars. That's why the went bankrupt, the owner was borrowing from one bank to pay another bank etc and it fell apart one day, owner turned crook from gambling habit.

Last edited by CTS; 06-19-2009 at 06:32 AM.
CTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:34 AM   #5
linton23

Drives: 1996 Honda ACE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTS View Post
BINGO! Someone gets it.

This is exactly the reason to cut back on dealers. Too much competition among themselves. They got buyers traveling 100's of miles to buy Toyota's (my neighbors for instance 175 miles) so why not Chevy buyers? They want their dealers to compete with other brands, not other GM dealers.
You hit it on the head as a dealer we dont compete with Ford or Toyota for a sale no there are so many Chevy dealers thats who we compete against. I love to go against Ford, Dodge, Nissan, Toyota I now I sale a better product and I can give a competitive price. With so many dealers witin 200 miles though people will go from my store to 10 others. This makes it very hard to make a good deal for my store when I have to go to invoice to sale a truck. Most of the store around me now try and up the customer on Tires for life or oil changes. They dont mention the cost of having the vehicle serviced there to keep the free stuff or the fact that they will have to take a day off from work to do it.
linton23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #6
ItIsWhatItIs

Drives: #5 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
The problem is not about how many dealerships are closing...it is who is making the decisions. I watched the hearings and basically the TREASURY said GM was not aggressive enough. Result GM cuts dealerships. Very interesting...the TREASURY sets the framework to operate within and GM gets the blame. How convenient. Dealerships open and close all the time but, let the free market decide...not the government!
ItIsWhatItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:03 AM   #7
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
If any car company makes a good product, has a competitive warranty, and a competitive price, people will buy it. Look at any car that is really popular with the general public, and people are willing to pay MSRP or above. But the the number one factor is to to have a car someone really wants, not just the cheapest payment for the next 5 years. Both is even better!!

Just look at the Camaro right now. If Ford dropped the price tomorrow, of a 2010 Shelby GT500 to $36,000 loaded, how many people will still buy the 2SS Camaro at the around the same price?

I know many here (the extremely loyal) would not buy one anyway, but I would be right down at the Ford dealer, along with many others, trying on 540 hp.

I think GM hit the mark in making people "want" for the new Camaro, but a lot of it has to do with getting a good price too.

I think competition is good for the consumer. We are getting better cars because of it. Better quality, better safety, better ride, better mileage, more quiet, longer lasting, etc., etc., etc.
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #8
Sparks

Drives: 1969 Camaro SS
I have been in a state of Camaro depression since I posted that my dealer is closing and GM was not going to honor my pre-order. It appears that things are looking up.... I just put a deposit on the following pre-ordered Camaro that a guy decided he did not want:
Ordered : 2SS/M6 | Silver Metallic Ice | Cyber Metallic Gray Stripes | Gray Int
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 6/5/2009
3400 = Broadcast: 6/15/2009
3800 = Produced: 6/23/2009 (VIN #21172)
4150 = Invoiced: 6/24/2009
4200 = Shipped: 6/24/2009 (Said the Dealer)
4D00 = QC: 6/25/2009
5000 = Delivered To Dealer:
6000 = Delivered To Customer:

It is not the options that I ordered, but it is the original options that I wanted. The dealer tells me the car will be in within the next three weeks!

Looks like things are looking up!!

http://wwww23.chevrolet.com/tools/wi...FT1EW1A9121172
< Back to Inventory Results
Ext. Color: Silver Ice Metallic
2010 Chevrolet Camaro
VIN: 2G1FT1EW1A9121172
MSRP1: $34,695.00
Incentives:
Net Price1:
MARC HEITZ CHEVROLET, INC.
Distance: 0.0 km
1221 ED NOBLE PARKWAY
NORMAN, OK 73072
Telephone: (405) 3217021
Fax: (405) 5793046
Map & Directions
***MECHANICAL***
100,000 MILE/ 5 YEAR POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY SEE DEALER FOR
DETAILS
ENGINE, 6.2L, V8 W/SFI
TRANSMISSION, 6-SPEED MANUAL
LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
PERFORMANCE SUSPENSION
PWR, VARIABLE RATIO STEERING
***SAFETY & SECURITY***
AIRBAGS, DUAL STAGE FRONTAL W/ PASSENGER SENSING, SIDE- IMPACT
THORAX
FRONT AND REAR HEAD CURTAIN SIDE AIRBAGS
1YR ONSTAR DIRECTIONS W/ AUTOMATIC CRASH RESPONSE & TURN-BY-
TURN NAVIGATION (ASK DEALER ABOUT GEOGRAPHIC COVERAGE)
STABILITRAK W/TRACTION CONTROL
BREMBO PERFORMANCE BRAKES, 4 WHEEL DISC, ABS
THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM
TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM
LATCH SYSTEM FOR CHILD SEATS
EMERGENCY TRUNK RELEASE
BATTERY RUNDOWN PROTECTION
***EXTERIOR***
DUAL EXHAUST W/POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL TIPS
REAR SPOILER
20" PAINTED ALUMINUM WHEELS
WINDSHLD WIPERS,INTERMITTENT
HEATED PWR OUTSIDE REAR VIEW MIRRORS W/ DRVR AUTO DIMMING
HEADLAMPS, HALOGEN W/AUTO ON-OFF CONTROL
DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS
FOG LAMPS
***INTERIOR***
AM/FM STEREO, CD PLAYER W/ AUX INPUT JACK AND USB PORT IN CENTER
CONSOLE
BOSTON ACOUSTICS PREMIUM 9 SPEAKER AUDIO SYSTEM
XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE SUBSCRIPTION SOLD SEPARATELY BY
SIRIUS/XM AFTER 90 DAYS
UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE
HVAC W/AIR FILTRATION
DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER
4 PACK AUXILIARY GAUGES
FRONT READING LAMPS
AUTODIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR
TELESCOPING/ TILT STEERING WHEEL
SEATS, SPORT BUCKET WITH LEATHER APPOINTED SURFACES
HEATED FRONT SEATS
POWER SEAT ADJ-DRIVERS, 6 WAY
MANUAL SEAT ADJ-PASS, 2 WAY
FULL FOLDING REAR SEAT W/ TRUNK PASS THROUGH
LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL W/ CRUISE & REDUNDANT AUDIO
CONTROLS
BLUETOOTH FOR PHONE
LEATHER WRAPPED SHIFT KNOB
FRONT CARPETED FLOOR MATS
CONSOLE W/ 2 CUPHOLDERS & DUAL POWER OUTLETS
POWER DOOR LOCKS W/ RKE
DRIVER AND PASS POWER WINDOWS W/ EXPRESS UP/DOWN
MSRP
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE1: $33,430.00
DISCOUNT OPTION PACKAGE
TIRE & WHEEL SPARE - DELETE
SEAT FRT BKT, SPORT
Gray Leather
ADJUSTER PASS ST MANUAL, 2 WAY
ADJUSTER FRT ST POWER, 6 WAY, DRIVER
LOCK CONTROL, ENTRY REMOTE ENTRY, STANDARD RANGE
VEHICLE TYPE PASSENGER CAR
Air bags, Side Head/Thorax Curtain
Carpeted floor mats, front
Cyber Gray Stripe Package
Roof Ditch Molding, Black
HVAC SYSTEM AIR CONDITIONER FRT, ELECTRONIC
CONTROLS
HANDLE O/S DOOR BODY COLOR
Rear Spoiler
Inside Rearview Mirror, Autodimming
Directions and Connections OnStar Service
Outside Rearview, Power, Heated Mirror
ORDER TO DELIVERY EXPEDITE TO CUSTOMER
TRIM SEAT LEATHER, SOLEIL KEISEL, MINI PERF
COUNTRY UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA)
SUSPENSION SYSTEM SPORT
Federal Emissions
Limited Slip Differential
Silver Ice Metallic
AXLE REAR 3.45 RATIO
Anti-Lock Brakes
Heated Seats
GENERATOR 150 AMP
Wireless PDIM
VEHICLE DRIVE LEFTHAND DRIVE
6.2L V8 Engine (Manual Transmission)
Manual 6 Speed Transmission
EXHAUST SYSTEM DUAL
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
STEERING POWER, VARIABLE RATIO
Redundant Radio Controls
PLANT CODE OSHAWA 1, ONT, CANADA
Tire Sealant and Inflator Kit
20" Painted Aluminum Wheels
P245/45R20 20" Summer Only Tires
Early Order Activity Ending 3/15/09
CONTROL SALES ITEM NO. 89
CONTROL SALES ITEM NO.100
PROCESSING BARS INTERNAL CONTROL #6
Spare Tire and Wheel Not Desired
SALES PROCESSING SOLD ORDERS
MODEL CONVERSION CHEVROLET 2SS
LAMP FRT FOG
HEADLAMPS HALOGEN
HANDLING CHARGE FROM OSHAWA PLANT, TO GROUND
EFFECTS LTD., WHITBY ONT, BACK TO OSHAWA PLANT.
XM Radio
ANTENNA RR WINDOW, RADIO
OnStar
Universal Home Remote
TIRE PRESS INDICATOR LOW TIRE PRESS
GAGE AUXILARY, MULTIFUNCTION
Bluetooth for Phone
Sparks is offline   Reply With Quote