Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #43
TXCammy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM/Beige/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangster View Post
I never likes corvettes, When im in my camaro I want the ride to be longer, I drive slower so I dont have to get out as soon. Theres like the calmest feeling and its so comfortable I just curl up in it. Nothing else seems important than a cruise in my gen5. AM I NUTS?

No, your not nuts...We let a friend of ours drive our Camaro right after we got her, he is a big time car enthusiast and is all about Chevy (ironically, is last name is Ford--go figure). Anyway, he drove, he liked and now wants one but for financial reasons is unable to purchase right now. He came over a few weeks ago and asked if he could barrow our car because he needed some "therapy". LOL!! Sidenote: hubby went w/ him.
TXCammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #44
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouseeSS View Post
But when racing, who wants to have help by a computer? I want to be in charge of the shifting. What do you do in the twistys with that auto? Ive had an L99 and TAPshifting (there are no paddles) that thing in the turns was a joke! Turn the wheel over 180 degrees and you don't know which ways up shift or down.. useless. I traded my L99 for LS3 because IMO if you are going to drag or track race, it should be done in a stick to really be controlling the ENTIRE cars power train. IMHO letting a "computer" shift for you is cheating. There is NOTHING wrong with the L99, don't get me wrong, awesome motor and easy to drive. I think it's more of a kick ass daily driver. Where's the fun in "mash and go" anyway?

True race/performance car
LS3 > L99 Again JMO, I've owned both.
What times did you pull out of your L99 compared to your LS3?

So using a computer is cheating. I see. I guess all those top fuel dragsters, and all those 8-9 second cars are cheaters. Damn those cheaters and their automatic transmissions!

True race/performance cars are auto, just thought you'd like to know .
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #45
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
I learned on a manual and I got to say I feel that my paddle shifters give me plenty of thrill. I can shift, downshift, and play with the car all I want and I don't have to worry about messing up my clutch.
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #46
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Anyone else find it funny a guy on the forums named Mrclutch drives an auto and is just learning to drive a stick.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #47
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
YES
Old 07-05-2010, 09:37 PM   #48
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
I bet my L99 will tear your LS3 a new one at the track, even with your mods. I'm sorry if I don't read up on technical aspects of cars, I race mine. I see you ran a 13.4 with your mods. Ouch. In your "fast' LS3. Also, weren't you the kid all worried about "the way I drive?" Oh yeah, here it is:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89523

Funny how a car expert such as yourself has about 50 threads about "CAI + EXHAUST HELP?" "CAI+EXHAUST WITHOUT TUNE!?!?!?" "DO I NEED HEADERS."
your just like the news.... they dont tell the whole story... it was my first time EVERY going to the drag strip... it was 90 outside.... plus i am 18 years old.. have been driving a stick for 1 and half years... unlike your ***** auto it takes more skill to actually drive the car to get good times .... i am not a car expert, but you think in your brain that a lambo had the sam kind of transmission as you... plz just do some research... paddle shiffers in lambos have a " duel clutch system " thats completely then the M mode in your car.... now duel clutch is faster then autos and manuals.

i would bet. you put our cars on a track with the same wether same track , and put two professional drivers in ours cars and i am telling you my car will win in a 1/4 mile...
A. its weighs less
B. i would say 35 more bhp...
C. its a manual

how does that not make any sense to you....
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #49
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
I learned on a manual and I got to say I feel that my paddle shifters give me plenty of thrill. I can shift, downshift, and play with the car all I want and I don't have to worry about messing up my clutch.
Bro, you don't have any paddles.
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #50
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
This is why chevy sells the want a be paddle shifters. So noobs like that can think they have what a lambo does.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:57 PM   #51
Tsaar

Drives: Undecided
Can someone explain the difference in Camaro paddle shifters versus the others.
Tsaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:57 PM   #52
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
see 2ssarmy dude your wrong so stfu
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:00 PM   #53
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaar View Post
Can someone explain the difference in Camaro paddle shifters versus the others.
The real ones are really a clutchless manual transmission of sorts. The camaro is pretty much just like using the shifter in any automatic to up shift and down shift with just a little bit more control over just using the shifter like in the old days.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #54
YouseeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 SIM
Quote:
What times did you pull out of your L99 compared to your LS3?

So using a computer is cheating. I see. I guess all those top fuel dragsters, and all those 8-9 second cars are cheaters. Damn those cheaters and their automatic transmissions!

True race/performance cars are auto, just thought you'd like to know .
I said JMO.
YouseeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #55
Rip

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
.....Burned clutches? An auto transmission will probably never have to be replaced, but a manual...haha good luck.
Interesting, I had to replace one at 70K in the wife's Suburban and one at 120K in my Silverado.

BTW, replacing an auto isn't cheap.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:14 PM   #56
YouseeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 SIM
Oh and I never got the auto to the track, wasn't broke in yet by the time I sold it. Now I'm currently breaking in the new LS3.
YouseeSS is offline   Reply With Quote