Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 05-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #183
Xorak

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertypodemon View Post
As I understand, even accounts with the authenticator are being hacked.
yes, because they're stealing your session from joining a public game. not using your credentials to log in (authenticator).
Xorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #184
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Whimseyshire is trippy. Killing care bears and unicorns appeals to me though. This could become a game in & of itself!

Old 05-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #185
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
that is definitely a fun level. lol
Old 05-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #186
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorak View Post
yes, because they're stealing your session from joining a public game. not using your credentials to log in (authenticator).
You have better odds of winning the powerball without buying a ticket (finding the winning one on the street) than you do having your account hacked. Being in Forensics I passionately hate when I hear "my account was hacked!". No, you got socially engineered...

If your account was compromised then you did something to give them your login. Respond to any odd emails about your account being locked recently?
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #187
Xorak

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
You have better odds of winning the powerball without buying a ticket (finding the winning one on the street) than you do having your account hacked. Being in Forensics I passionately hate when I hear "my account was hacked!". No, you got socially engineered...

If your account was compromised then you did something to give them your login. Respond to any odd emails about your account being locked recently?
not sure why you quoted me.. i wasn't hacked (or phished, if you prefer).

just stated the current theory on how people are being compromised with this specific game.

however, these "hackers" have to have ways to get Blizzard's email lists. i've used obscure email accounts for Blizzard games and don't give them out or even check them often.. and somehow the spammers always show up. email accounts that i don't have associated with Blizzard games from the same mail service don't get fake Blizzard emails. interesting, isn't it? lol
Xorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #188
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I've gotten spam mails about Rift, Tera, WoW, Even Ultima Online. I ignore any e-mail that I'm not expecting from "Blizzard Entertainment."

On a side note, I re-installed windows this morning and think I may have fixed my bsod issues. I'm at 12% of the download of D3 again and will hopefully be able to finish it before I leave so I can play when I get home. I'm almost done with Act I in Nightmare. next level I get my venom hydra. That will make farming diablo or azmodan much quicker.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #189
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post

Actually, there is some validity to the theory that people are hijacking sessions.

Many people that have been hacked were using the authenticator. They also say that they may have been DDoS'ed right after their account was hijacked to keep them from being able to log back in to the Blizzard Server and retake control of their session.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #190
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Actually, there is some validity to the theory that people are hijacking sessions.

Many people that have been hacked were using the authenticator. They also say that they may have been DDoS'ed right after their account was hijacked to keep them from being able to log back in to the Blizzard Server and retake control of their session.
There is only one problem with this, there are no client to client sessions. Not to mention the connection token should never be visible to a non client-server relationship.

Basically client 1-4 communicates with server exclusively, server communicates with clients and relays information accordingly. It's not like the diablo of old when the real host was the room creator.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #191
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
oh, well i'll probably never get that far. lol i only plan on beating the game one more time, then not playing again until an expansion comes out.

edit: i did the pony level, which was pretty funny. lol
hardcore isnt about an unlockable thing.. just when you make a character you simply click the "hardcore" selection in the create a character screen. If that character dies, he is dead forever.

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #192
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Well you need to level a character on Normal mode to level 10 before you can create a Hardcore character.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #193
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Well I got all my alts to level 7 or 8 and are all about ready to kill the skeleton king. I beat the SK on my witchdoctor, which will most likely be my secondary character. I'm thinking barbarians are going to be freaking hard to play on hell/inferno because of the proximity attack issue (you have to be next to your target to attack).
Old 05-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #194
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

Drives: 2015 Silver 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post

According to Blizzard, every compromised account investigated thus far has been through traditional means (phising, key loggers, etc). And no accounts were compromised that had authenticators attached beforehand.

As it's been pointed out before, a new game is a prime target for malicious activity and account stealing. And since it's the top game out right now, more people are crying out when their accounts are compromised because so many more people are playing it.

But my wife and I just hit 60 last night and killed Diablo on Hell, so we're starting Inferno. So far, not bad. We make a good combo for kiting and killing as Witch Doctor/Wizard. I currently have 17k damage and 31k health. Working at increasing my resists next as we progress further into inferno.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #195
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

How do you two deal with Mortar elites I'm having a hell of a time with them on my Wizard.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #196
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro View Post
According to Blizzard, every compromised account investigated thus far has been through traditional means (phising, key loggers, etc). And no accounts were compromised that had authenticators attached beforehand.

As it's been pointed out before, a new game is a prime target for malicious activity and account stealing. And since it's the top game out right now, more people are crying out when their accounts are compromised because so many more people are playing it.

But my wife and I just hit 60 last night and killed Diablo on Hell, so we're starting Inferno. So far, not bad. We make a good combo for kiting and killing as Witch Doctor/Wizard. I currently have 17k damage and 31k health. Working at increasing my resists next as we progress further into inferno.
Wanna help me with Nightmare im a lvl 42 Demon hunter with like 1200 DMG and 7000 Life having trouble finishing it. If so add me up lol clow299@gmail.com
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote