Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-19-2014, 11:16 PM   #57
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70supreme View Post
When did I say you should drive a camaro in the snow if you don't have to? If you look back I said buy the camaro and save for a winter beater! You think I would choose to do it if I didn't have to! My point is some times you have to make a sacrifice, I never wanted to drive my car in the winter! I did because I wouldn't have it if I didn't, I saved a now have a 4x4 truck for that! Or I could have been a pansy and got a STI and not worry about it lol
Different strokes for different folks. There are plenty of Subarus that will leave your, "real machine" in the dust, especially when we talk about real racing with turns. Being closed-minded doesn't mean you have balls. There are many great cars out there that aren't Camaros.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:33 AM   #58
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
Different strokes for different folks. There are plenty of Subarus that will leave your, "real machine" in the dust, especially when we talk about real racing with turns. Being closed-minded doesn't mean you have balls. There are many great cars out there that aren't Camaros.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:29 PM   #59
thxultra

Drives: Mean ass V6
Quote:
This thread shows how much testosteron men have lost over the years!! Lmfao!! I have driven RWD cars in Chicago winter issue free for 18 years. Grow some balls and get a real machine
Bet you lost a lot of that manhood when the sti flew by you in the snow also I would have loved to have seen your Camaro in the snow last winter. I drove my Mustang in the snow when I had it but that car was a sled since I never had snow tires on it. You have to be crazy saying a STI isn't a real machine. It will come down to a drivers race in a straight away between a STI and a ss and on a curvy road my money is on the STI. Lots of crazy after market stuff for those cars also. Love my Camaro but a STI is one hell of a ride. I will be looking at one myself when it is time for my next car.
thxultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #60
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
pretty sure the ladys would chose the camaro..90% of the cars on the road are bread boxes...the subaru is one of them...i don't care if it smokes a camaro ( which is can't)..

would you drive a car that looks like a caboose but would do 0-60 in 2 seconds??
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..

Last edited by wally mayfield; 08-20-2014 at 08:31 PM.
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:47 PM   #61
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Jesus christ dude you really are a piece of work. So i drive my sti in the winter (sole reason for buying it). I also have a lifted 4wd diesel too for the winter, guess im a double pansy in your book right?

Former d.o.c officer and current oilfeild worker here, 6x a week at the gym plus I run 3-5 miles 4 days a week. Yup I'm a pansy lol.
And I have been body building for 10 years myself, and I really can care less what you do. My comments weren't aimed at you in the first place! It's based on the fact that he is going to have one car, and you don't have that problem. My point is people are telling him to get a STI over a camaro because of winter. Instead of telling him to get the car he really wants, and save up for a winter beater! Instead of settling I am telling him to man up, set a new goal after getting the camaro! I guess I put it in harsh way lol
Old 08-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #62
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
And I have been body building for 10 years myself, and I really can care less what you do. My comments weren't aimed at you in the first place! It's based on the fact that he is going to have one car, and you don't have that problem. My point is people are telling him to get a STI over a camaro because of winter. Instead of telling him to get the car he really wants, and save up for a winter beater! Instead of settling I am telling him to man up, set a new goal after getting the camaro! I guess I put it in harsh way lol
Dont make me go back to the gym and pump some iron....im warning ya.......
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #63
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Dont make me go back to the gym and pump some iron....im warning ya.......
Uh oh, dont make me post pics lol. Im 5.4 bmi 5'9, 150 29" waist. (Trust me i look bigger). I'm working on lifting more (maxed out at 265). Im still a beast tho ;-)
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #64
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Uh oh, dont make me post pics lol. Im 5.4 bmi 5'9, 150 29" waist. (Trust me i look bigger). I'm working on lifting more (maxed out at 265). Im still a beast tho ;-)
Lol...ok no pics
Old 08-22-2014, 08:13 AM   #65
thxultra

Drives: Mean ass V6
Quote:
Lol I'm calling for pics shirtless
thxultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:36 AM   #66
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
unsubscribing......
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:56 PM   #67
2014CamaroZL1

Drives: 2014 CRT ZL1
I had two STIs (2004 & 2011) before my current ZL1.
I never drove an SS, so I will make general Camaro comments.

STI
Pros: Flickable, awd, front interior space, back seat space, trunk size, reliability.
Cons: Tinny, rattly, squeaky, cheap interior, uncomfortable seats, zero amenities, needs suspension & power upgrades immediately, needs audio upgrade,
SI drive defaults to an undesirable setting every time you shut off the car (like PSM), 400 hp max reasonable power potential on stock pistons.

Camaro
Pros: Built like a tank, front interior space, nicer interior, comfortable seats, excellent nav, HUD, other amenities, appearance, reliability.
Cons: Built like a tank, visibility (not a big deal), needs audio upgrade, rwd (on snow days).

I understand that the 2015 STI handles a bit better out of the box than my previous gen 2011.
But now the overall design is just plain and ugly.
2014CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #68
moose517

Drives: 2013 1SS
LOL decided to check up on the thread and see what more had been said. have to say i've been pretty amused by some of the responses. Was informed a couple weeks ago i have to find a new place to live so its looking like new car is going to be on hold for a while, such a bummer :( But i'm going to continue to put money aside so that at some point when things are looking a little better i can go shopping again hopefuly then with a larger down payment.
moose517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:39 PM   #69
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose517 View Post
LOL decided to check up on the thread and see what more had been said. have to say i've been pretty amused by some of the responses. Was informed a couple weeks ago i have to find a new place to live so its looking like new car is going to be on hold for a while, such a bummer :( But i'm going to continue to put money aside so that at some point when things are looking a little better i can go shopping again hopefuly then with a larger down payment.

Awww shucks o/p! So you just caused all this rucus from sti drivers being labeled pansy's, us outlifting one another, me about to post shirtless selfies, 1Le's being not track cars, ss's not used for winter unless you have a pair, money being saved up for 4wd's ,and stis being ugly, some ss's being slow etc just to bail out on us?

Lol of coarse I am being a total smart ass. Good luck op and take your time to investigate and really drive both cars so at which time you make the right decesion for YOU. As alot have stated it is a very tough choice but at the end of the day you cannot go wrong either way. Keep us posted
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #70
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Awww shucks o/p! So you just caused all this rucus from sti drivers being labeled pansy's, us outlifting one another, me about to post shirtless selfies, 1Le's being not track cars, ss's not used for winter unless you have a pair, money being saved up for 4wd's ,and stis being ugly, some ss's being slow etc just to bail out on us?

Lol of coarse I am being a total smart ass. Good luck op and take your time to investigate and really drive both cars so at which time you make the right decesion for YOU. As alot have stated it is a very tough choice but at the end of the day you cannot go wrong either way. Keep us posted
Here you go....
Attached Images