Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 12-28-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
DoubleARS

Drives: 2010 Dodge Challenger
DirectLift Pro-Park 9 Plus

Santa came a little late to my house but he didn't disappointment. I got the lift in the subject delivered and setup in my garage on Tuesday. I can't give a thorough review yet, as I have only used it once but so far I am thrilled. I did an oil change on my truck as pictured below. Tomorrow is Camaro and Acadia oil change day (I've been saving them up).

I only have one problem I will have to resolve. As you can see from one of the photos, I cannot go the full height because of the garage door opener. I guess a new LiftMaster Jackshaft opener is in my future. For reference, the garage side of my shop is 19'4" wide by 30'8" deep with 10' to the top of the walls. I don't have a ceiling on the garage side as it follows the roof line. Once I get some time with it, I will update this post with a review as a couple of members have requested.
Attached Images

DoubleARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
NDAWIND

Drives: 2011 1SS
Very nice. Yes jackshaft openers are your friend.

NDAWIND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Merry Christmas to you! Nice shop.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:21 AM   #4
DoubleARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAWIND View Post
Very nice. Yes jackshaft openers are your friend.
Thanks. Did you install them yourself? They don't seem all that difficult. My big challenge with be removing the existing opener. The angle attached to the ceiling is about 18 feet up. I guess I could just use the lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Merry Christmas to you! Nice shop.
Merry Christmas to you as well and thanks!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #5
GARYSSS

Drives: 2010 2SSRS M6 Rally Yellow
Did you install this yourself or have it installed?
Old 12-30-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
DoubleARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARYSSS View Post
Did you install this yourself or have it installed?
I had it installed. It was just easier. It would have cost almost $200 to have it delivered and I would have had to have a way to get it off their truck and to my garage. For $600, someone picked it up at the dealer, delivered, and set it up. Worth every penny.

Unfortunately I caught a bad cold and have been laid up so i haven't got to play with it.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #7
NYJETSFAN
El Hefe

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS
real nice man! that was definitely worth the wait.
NYJETSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
GARYSSS

Drives: 2010 2SSRS M6 Rally Yellow
Thanks for info. I want to get one too.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #9
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Looks awesome man.....really nice unit and looks like a great option for those with lower roof clearances.

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6
Have you got a chance to play with the lift at all, if so how are you liking it. Looks good.
Tech AFX Heater Hose Relocation Kit, Black Chrome Wheels
Pfadt trailing and toe arms, Pfadt solid subframe mounts, Pfadt diff bushings, Street Slayer Twin Carbon
Technostalgia Camaro LED taillights, CTS-V Front Brakes, Powder Coated Calipers By ME
MGW Short Throw Shifter
Complete ZL1 Rearend Swap
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #11
DoubleARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth 2010 2SS/RS View Post
Have you got a chance to play with the lift at all, if so how are you liking it. Looks good.
I have only used it a few times but I will be using it a ton this weekend. I just got my headers and exhaust yesterday so I hope to write-up my thoughts after the weekend.

So far, I love it!

I find myself trying to find things to work on under my vehicles.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #12
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleARS View Post
I have only used it a few times but I will be using it a ton this weekend. I just got my headers and exhaust yesterday so I hope to write-up my thoughts after the weekend.

So far, I love it!

I find myself trying to find things to work on under my vehicles.
Cool I look forward to what you think about it. The lift will make headers and exhaust a walk in the park, wish I had one when I did headers on my car but with three exhaust systems on my Back I have them down to a science. Lol
Tech AFX Heater Hose Relocation Kit, Black Chrome Wheels
Pfadt trailing and toe arms, Pfadt solid subframe mounts, Pfadt diff bushings, Street Slayer Twin Carbon
Technostalgia Camaro LED taillights, CTS-V Front Brakes, Powder Coated Calipers By ME
MGW Short Throw Shifter
Complete ZL1 Rearend Swap
Stealth 2010 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #13
DoubleARS

My Busted Knuckle Garage

I've finally had the chance to put the lift to use and I couldn't be happier.
  • It's very sturdy - I feel very safe under it. There is little to no movement when applying force. I was pushing pretty hard on the exhaust as I was removing it and there was some very minor shaking. I do not have it bolted to the floor.
  • Takes about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes to go to full height. I have the 110V motor. The 220 would be faster but I don't put vehicles up or down enough to warrant anything bigger.
  • It takes about 30 to 45 seconds to lower completely.
  • I bought an additional jack tray to be able to get at all 4 wheels of a vehicle. I have a 20 TON bottle jack that I planned on using for this purpose. I found a problem when trying to get the front wheels off on the Camaro. The 20 TON is too tall. I took off to get a new, shorter, one from O'reilly. From the bottom of the jack tray to the underside of the front crossmember is only about 8.5 to 9". I got a 4 TON that is 8.25" tall. I thought it would be perfect. The problem is that it doesn't go high enough to get the wheels off the ramps. I had to lift it to a point, put jack stands under it, lift it higher with the 20 TON, and adjust the jack stands. A pain for sure but the Pro-Jack for this lift is like $750. I will live with it.
  • In it's highest position, I can easily park my full-size Dodge Ram under it.

Here are a couple of pictures. I didn't even lift the car as high as it can go. I cannot say enough good about. I would be happy to answer any questions about. The only problem I have is my list of car work is finite. Now I'm finding myself searching for new projects to do to my vehicles.
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2012, 07:44 AM   #14
white6spd

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS painted hugger stripes
Hi all...new guy here...I also have the Direct lift Pro-Park 9 Plus lift and I love it. I purchased the lift in the spring of 2011, picked it up from the dealer and installed it myself. It was not all that hard as long as you take your time and follow directions. I had the help of a cherry picker to move the large/heavy items into place and had it installed and operational in 6 hrs (taking my time). I have used the lift quite extensively over the past year (multiple tranny swaps along with a rearend replacement) and it has had no problem lifting my 93' 3/4 ton Suburban for servicing. Although you don't have to, I chose to bolt mine to the floor for added security/stability. I tend to be a very cautious person and this lift is very sturdy and I feel very confortable working under it. When I am not using the lift to service a vehicle, I use it to store my 94 impala SS.
Pretty soon I'll be ordering a 2013 Camaro so that I can have an SS on the top and bottom bunk.
Any questions?....Fire Away...........
John
white6spd is offline   Reply With Quote