Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #15
alssiri

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Very nice looking car

Ahmad
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)
Forged 376 CI, LSA HeartBeat, Mast Medium Bore Heads & JDP ZLR Cam, ARH LT , MagnaFlow Resonated X + Borla Atak Catback, ADM 102mm Snout, CAI, NW102MM TB, ID850, Fore Triple Fuel Pump, MSD Wire's, Moroso CC.
Alky Control, FIICHILLER.
alssiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #16
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
That looks great
Old 02-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #17
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Looks great!!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:10 AM   #18
Stealy Phil

Drives: 2010 Camaro Dealer Show car
Looks like a lot of work went into that. How long did it take you to get everything installed?
Stealy Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #19
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Drives: 2SS/RS Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealy Phil View Post
Looks like a lot of work went into that. How long did it take you to get everything installed?
In hours...
Vents - 3 - 4
ACS ports and lighting - 5-6
Splitter - 1 hour
Grill - 2-3 hours (including painting the bow tie) need to remove the bumper

So not too bad.
GET-TORQ custom CAM 223/243 LSA113, Full LS3 conversion, 3200 stall Multi-Disk TC from Circle-D, B&M Supercooler to cool that tranny down....1 7/8" Kooks Headers and High flowCats. MACH XL Catbacks. Eibach springs, R2C Performance CAI, powdercoated calipers, Footwell lighting in tune with dome lights, tints, ABL Lighting, ACS T3 ports and ACS Eagle T3 triple LED lighting kit. Heritage grill, Hex vents, ZL1 rockers, ZL1 Diffuser, Quad tips...the list keeps getting longer - whats next??

markmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #20
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
markmass, I've bugged you about the vents install before so sorry to again... I'm on the verge of doing mine, possibly in the next few days. When cutting and/or securing with the S-brackets did you ever feel like you had or were about to dent/dimple the hood? I've heard tell of a few people who had done their own installs ending up with slight dimples/dents at corner or two, which would be not good. Thanks.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #21
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
markmass, I've bugged you about the vents install before so sorry to again... I'm on the verge of doing mine, possibly in the next few days. When cutting and/or securing with the S-brackets did you ever feel like you had or were about to dent/dimple the hood? I've heard tell of a few people who had done their own installs ending up with slight dimples/dents at corner or two, which would be not good. Thanks.
The aluminum is pretty flexible, so it may look like it will dent,mine did not. Just be real careful with the drills, and make sure the last size you use will let the blade fit comfortably. A few times my jigsaw was running but didn't actually cut anything, perhaps just my tool. You will run over a couple of struts, and my get snarled, but let the jigsaw do the work press down lightly and have a brand new fine, aluminum cutting blade - in fact get a couple of good quality ones. In fact, in hindsight, you could cut the struts away before tackling the hood itself, just a thought...

Make the radius around the corners fairly large to easily go from one edge to the other. Once you have the hole you just need to go back and create the proper corners.

Good luck with it
GET-TORQ custom CAM 223/243 LSA113, Full LS3 conversion, 3200 stall Multi-Disk TC from Circle-D, B&M Supercooler to cool that tranny down....1 7/8" Kooks Headers and High flowCats. MACH XL Catbacks. Eibach springs, R2C Performance CAI, powdercoated calipers, Footwell lighting in tune with dome lights, tints, ABL Lighting, ACS T3 ports and ACS Eagle T3 triple LED lighting kit. Heritage grill, Hex vents, ZL1 rockers, ZL1 Diffuser, Quad tips...the list keeps getting longer - whats next??

Old 02-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #22
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
looks awesome!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #23
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmass View Post
The aluminum is pretty flexible, so it may look like it will dent,mine did not. Just be real careful with the drills, and make sure the last size you use will let the blade fit comfortably. A few times my jigsaw was running but didn't actually cut anything, perhaps just my tool. You will run over a couple of struts, and my get snarled, but let the jigsaw do the work press down lightly and have a brand new fine, aluminum cutting blade - in fact get a couple of good quality ones. In fact, in hindsight, you could cut the struts away before tackling the hood itself, just a thought...

Make the radius around the corners fairly large to easily go from one edge to the other. Once you have the hole you just need to go back and create the proper corners.

Good luck with it
Thanks very much again for the feedback. Blade-wise, I did buy a six-pack of the exact ones Steve @ Hines recommends (Bosch T118G) so that should be plenty. Did you have any break on you? Also, even in watching his video it's a little hard to tell: at what speed is it best to have the jigsaw blade going up-down at (most jigsaws are variable speed, as you know)? Slowish, medium, fast?
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #24
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

I think i had one broken. I pretty much varied the speed, on the long runs it was pretty much at full tilt, slower into the corners.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #25
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmass View Post
I think i had one broken. I pretty much varied the speed, on the long runs it was pretty much at full tilt, slower into the corners.
Makes sense; thanks!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #26
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Nice!