Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #169
Kvnshphrd

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (Summit White)
My wife actually bought me the Camaro as a gift. So any rule that I would make is already null. What I did learn later while having a beer with my beautiful significant other is that she has already devised a "payback" scenario if I really screw up...she told me that she will push my Harley into the side of the Camaro. That little peak into the mind of a Mexican Woman was scary as hell...

Moral to the story...take good care of your ladies; and park with at least 6ft of distance between the car and bike.

"Coming honey"...gotta run guys, wife needs another beer!

I just ran over a Mustang named Challenger!

2010 2SS/RS, Summit White
2008 Caddy CTS 3.6, Silver
2007 HD Nightrain, Black is the only color
Kvnshphrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #170
HerRide

Drives: '14 2SS/RS AGM
Some of these sound like rules for my kids and others are just ridiculous (IMO). Anyway, I wouldn't have to impose rules on my man because he respects my stuff to begin with. But whatever works for you (general you). We're all different.

eta: He can eat in my car if he wants. He's not a slob and can control food going into his mouth. Seats are leather anyway and wipe clean. Smells go away. I'm with the others who say a healthy, happy relationship is more important than keeping a car *mint*. (good luck with that anyway - no garage queen here)

Last edited by HerRide; 01-03-2014 at 04:49 PM. Reason: typing too quickly
HerRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #171
RajunCajun

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWZ28 View Post
decided to drive my car all last weekend including friday to the office. My wife thinks i am a nut for my "RULES"... cant figure out why or is it just a guy thing?

no food or drinks in the car
no sandal skid marks on the bottom of the door panel or door sill panel
no to go food unless we are driving straight home
no jeans with the rhinestone studs on the butt...ok, i will bring a clean towel to sit on
no heavy lotion
before we leave on the border (any restaurant) go wash your hands
dont slam the door shut, close it by pushing it shut on the door handle only, especially not the glass window
dont put anything on the dash...it will just fall or scratch it
no putting on make up or spray perfume in the car

dont think i am being too picky....what do you guys with spouses or girls with camaros think? what are your quirks?
I like your rules! I hate my doors being slammed! I always say " my shit is not raggedy! Don't slam my doors! once the door has to be slammed it will be the way it has to be closed!" Rajun Cajun
RajunCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #172
RajunCajun

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvnshphrd View Post
My wife actually bought me the Camaro as a gift..
take good care of your ladies; and park with at least 6ft of distance between the car and bike.

"Coming honey"...gotta run guys, wife needs another beer!
LOL I like that!
RajunCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:25 PM   #173
1olddude

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Silver Ice Metallic.
Been married to the same Gal for almost 30 years! No rules, only respect. I have to say though, this has been a hilarious thread to read.
1olddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:31 PM   #174
FlashBurntFace

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS, LS3, CAI
I like to keep it simple. No smoking. No fast food/potato chips. No muddy shoes.
FlashBurntFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #175
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
I eat and drink in my car, just no greasy foods. Shut the door with the outside handle only (hand prints), no stuff on the dash. That's about it. Oh, and no pushing the door open with your foot or slinging the seat belt back when you get out.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:09 PM   #176
HerRide

Drives: '14 2SS/RS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1olddude View Post
Been married to the same Gal for almost 30 years! No rules, only respect. I have to say though, this has been a hilarious thread to read.
Right on. = ) Much respect here for the men who do not have to impose rules on their women like they are children. Would never do this to my man, and if my man was soooo disrespectful to my property then I'd get a new man.

Last edited by HerRide; 01-03-2014 at 07:19 PM.
HerRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:08 PM   #177
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
I have those same rules for anyone who gets in my car and if it's a women, thank you I will open and close that door so you won't scratch anything with those rings, LOL Oh and those purses that can scratch the leather with metal buckles... Well they go on the floor not the seats thankyou. and kids, no farting in the car, it stinks up the leather and headliner, I could go on and on and on, LMAO
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #178
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
You're an idiot. Expect a divorce soon.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:36 PM   #179
DjSker

Drives: 2013 Convertible 2SS RS Manual
It's funny how everyone just says 'It's just a car'. I have had a shit load of cars in my life and most of them pieces of crap. The only one I really liked was my 85' Cougar XR7, until now. And that car got totaled back in 90. Anyways, I've had crap after. I finally needed a new car(after driving a 2004 Malibu for 9 years) and practically begged the wife for the Camaro. This is the 2nd NEW car I ever owned.......and boy do I have rules(especially after paying over $40000 for a car). I actually kept the Malibu for commuting to work. The Camaro should last me the rest of my life.
DjSker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:44 PM   #180
SSeniorMoment

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6 IOM
Has the OP set a marriage date for his next wife???
SSeniorMoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:52 PM   #181
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
whos the idiot the person who requires his wife or girlfriend to respect his property or the one who marries someone who would divorce them because of his requirement to respect his property. All you have to do is explain the reasons. If they dont like that they're not worth being around.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #182
WiredAVS

Drives: '21 TRx '22 ZLe
Rhinestone Jean's on Recaro's are sexy!....

I keep our cars looking and smelling new, all of my vehicles...with that being said...we enjoy the look and feel of the off the showroom look, so it's kind of a no need to set rules kind of thing. If something goes against the grain....just clean it and move on. Setting rules just seems to set yourself up for disappointment. My .02

Recaro's, Custom Autometer Gauges, Hotchkis 1" Lowering Coils, CAi Intake, Elite Catch Can's, 1 7/8" StainlessWorks LT's w/Hi Flo Cat's mated to factory NPP Exhaust, 160* Thermo, NightFury Cam, 2.9l Whipple on Meth @ 11lbs, JoeGibbs LS30 in the CrankCase, Built by Nick, Steven, and Tuned By Shawn at Lethal Racing....
WiredAVS is offline   Reply With Quote