Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #743
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoclasiccl View Post
Alright I'm chiming in now. I have been patient and not one GM rep has posted even one of their canned responses to this disaster. If this keeps up there is a Shelby down the road with my name on it. I have owned 6 mustangs and this is my first GM. It's disturbing GM hasn't even said we will look into it or anything wow!!! And dont give me that BS its a private owned dealer. It's still representing GM's name so GM reps wake up and represent your company or u too may get burned.

Pfadt your the type of business who knows how to do business excellent and I too will be in touch!!
That's what I just wrote on the last page. Good. Maybe a Ford Dealer will sell Mr. Hooper a Shelby for the $44k insurance settlement.

Last edited by BigBoyBlue; 01-10-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #744
scoticus.rex
LTC, USA

Drives: Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZ28 View Post
Well this just got interesting.. either dirty move by the dealer or not sure what but hope the right thing is done here on both sides...

excerpt from this article today.. http://jalopnik.com/dealership-total...eal-1498804012

"I almost think it's extortion," the general manager told me. "I don't think any sane person would turn down [this deal.]" He later concluded, "I almost think they're as bad as the guy who stole the car."
As I noted earlier either in this thread, or possibly on another discussion on FB, this is shockingly inept on the part of the dealership. Attempting to demonize the victim never works and just makes the business look that much worse. At this point, they should either be bending over backwards to give John a new ZL1, or they should be gagging all their employees and only releasing prepared statements that have been approved by their lawyer. Somewhere, their lawyer is reading this article and making this face -

Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Old 01-10-2014, 07:22 PM   #745
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoticus.rex View Post
As I noted earlier either in this thread, or possibly on another discussion on FB, this is shockingly inept on the part of the dealership. Attempting to demonize the victim never works and just makes the business look that much worse. At this point, they should either be bending over backwards to give John a new ZL1, or they should be gagging all their employees and only releasing prepared statements that have been approved by their lawyer. Somewhere, their lawyer is reading this article and making this face -

I'm sure the customer service types that frequent this board have been given a gag order by their managers regarding this case.

Even so, someone from GM's customer relations or public relations should be responding to this travesty.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:22 PM   #746
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
jhoop302 -

You have experienced all of our worst nightmares with what happened to you and your wife's ZL1 Camaro. Everyone here is shocked about your experience and want to do something to help ease the pain and get you excited about your next Camaro. We'd like to offer you a set of our ZL-Spec Front and Rear Adjustable Sway Bars for your next Camaro, free of charge. We hope you can put this behind you and fall in love with your next Camaro. Let us know when you have picked out your new vehicle and we will hook you up.

-take it easy

Kerry @ Pfadt

http://store.pfadtracing.com/2012-ca...ble-sway-bars/

Way to go Pfadt!

I sure hope the OP gets a brand new ZL1 very soon! You deserve some pain & suffering $ too. I know I'd be needing grief counseling & anger management if it were me!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #747
tonio25

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to tonio25
I've used this forum even before I purchased my Camaro and when I did I used this same forum to get all of my warranty items repaired when the Dealership didn't want to at first. I feel so bad for John but as I breathe today I pray that this is all resolved in your favor and soon. We're thinking of you and your wife at this time. I know most people don't get it but I love my car as I am sure you loved yours. They will have to compensate you both accordingly and I pray it's soon !!! Thanks for keeping us updated on this I can only imagine that after being picked up by Yahoo, japolink and some of the other blogs that you will be vindicated very soon. Keep your head up.

Last edited by tonio25; 01-10-2014 at 07:36 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-10-2014, 08:03 PM   #748
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
lost loyalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyBlue View Post
I'm sure the customer service types that frequent this board have been given a gag order by their managers regarding this case.

Even so, someone from GM's customer relations or public relations should be responding to this travesty.
You would think!! Companys do not care as much as you think they do unless they have something they are selling, point being I sit back and laugh how all the reps, engineers, head honchos from GM have alot to say when they are debating there brand new "refresh" and friggin tailights, and are filled with posting propaganda on the boards everyday (numerous thread debates over past six months) yet now when one of your "customer" loyals needs your help you are nowhere to be found.
Step over the red tape one time and make something happen! this is your brand, this is your dealer, this is what represents you. and to all the posters that kiss there asses when they post something about gm how do you feel now??
Crickets...

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
Old 01-10-2014, 08:21 PM   #749
mickmosh

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...170136602.html

So this has 5970 comments and all this could've been avoided dealership must have shit for brains.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:28 PM   #750
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmosh View Post
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...170136602.html

So this has 5970 comments and all this could've been avoided dealership must have shit for brains.
6032 now
Old 01-10-2014, 08:29 PM   #751
scoticus.rex
LTC, USA

Drives: Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
You would think!! Companys do not care as much as you think they do unless they have something they are selling, point being I sit back and laugh how all the reps, engineers, head honchos from GM have alot to say when they are debating there brand new "refresh" and friggin tailights, and are filled with posting propaganda on the boards everyday (numerous thread debates over past six months) yet now when one of your "customer" loyals needs your help you are nowhere to be found.
Step over the red tape one time and make something happen! this is your brand, this is your dealer, this is what represents you. and to all the posters that kiss there asses when they post something about gm how do you feel now??
Crickets...
I think they do care an awful lot about how they are being discussed on social media. I have had three run-ins in the last couple of years with big companies whose customer service departments basically told me to take a flying leap (politely told me that but that none-the-less). As soon as I started making a big ruckus on their social media sites, they suddenly had a very dramatic change of heart. Now my examples weren't for a 60k car, but I think they care about their web presence more than you would think. I am genuinely surprised GM has not gotten involved in this one. My only thought on the subject is that since the majority of the public ire is being directed at the dealership and not them, they are just trying to stay out of the fray. Either way, I have found that as soon as you start to damage a brand's reputation and show that you were wronged, they generally are very quick to jump into damage control mode.

In this case, I think they are really missing an opportunity. Especially given John's obvious brand loyalty and his previous books on Camaros. His is a uniquely bad case for them as it is going to continue gaining publicity for a while, especially now that it has gone viral. If they aren't careful, Ford will give him a 2014 Mustang GT just to show it is a brand that cares and sweep the whole incident to their benefit... at least that is the type of move I would consider if I were sitting in the Ford C suite and got wind of this mess.

Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Old 01-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #752
SinisSick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 ss
Can u imagine the Ford dealership in town just sitting back watching customers just come through the door.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #753
cdjnight

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
getting even better...can't wait for a positive outcome! Hang in there OP, it only a matter of time and there's thousands of people on your side.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #754
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
pm sent...

Contact me....

Becky
Old 01-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #755
umiami2312

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE Blue Ray Metallic
made the front page of yahoo news...

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...l?soc_src=copy
Old 01-10-2014, 08:49 PM   #756