Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-06-2015, 01:23 PM   #1
Skhan

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT RS
Fan/Air Control/ AC/ Heat DEAD

Just wondering if this is happening to anybody else and if so, why, or how can this be fixed?

Sometimes the whole unit of where you control the atmosphere of the cabin does not get powered when you start the car. It does not matter if I start the car with remote or with the key, it has happened to me in both cases. The Fan knob does not respond to anything, I can press all the buttons I want, I can shift the temperature knob, I have tried doing everything possible but nothing makes it respond. It seems like it doesnt get booted when the car starts. No lights come on, its stays dead like the car is off.

It happens very rarely but its really annoying when it does. And it never happens when I am trying to show it at the dealership.

Its a 2014 1LT RS
Skhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:45 PM   #2
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Use you cell phone and video it. I did that for an intermittent problem on my wife's car to show the dealer we weren't nuts. Car would think it wasn't in park and wouldn't turn the electronics off saying the car was not in park. Turns out it was a bad switch on the shift knob.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:36 PM   #3
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
I had this happen a few weeks ago on my 2014 2LT.

I did a system reset by taking the key out of the ignition, and leaving the drivers door open for about 7-10 minutes. Problem solved.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:05 AM   #4
SharpCapt
SharpCapt

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS Silver Ice 2LT A6
Yea, my 15 2LT RS V6 did this to me yesterday. All was dead and no lights. But this morning it was all working again. Glad to hear I am not the only one.

Peace and Respects,

SharpCapt.
SharpCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:45 AM   #5
2010_camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
My 14ss just did this. Been driving for 15 min and it randomly kicked on

https://www.instagram.com/whoopa_ss/
2010_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:40 PM   #6
seven

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS 2LT AGM
If you do a search, you will see that many others experience this. It comes and goes.....I never happened in the2014 but the 2015 it happened about 4 times in the first month of having her but it hasn't happened in the last 2 months.
2015 RS Camaro 2LT with Sunroof, Performance Exhaust, Ground Effects, Tinted Windows, LED Fog Lights(DD), CAI Cold Air Intake, Ghosted Side Markers(Showstopper), Elite Catch Can, Xpel & SunTek PPF, Replica Z28 High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black Factory Reproductions)
seven is offline   Reply With Quote