Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 09-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #281
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthZL1 View Post
I'm at Findlay Chevrolet in Las Vegas getting my very first service for my 2013 ZL1. We'll see what category they end up in.
Do they have slot machines at the dealership? Just wondering because last time I was in LasVegas seems like they were everywhere.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #282
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by mliebs View Post
Dealership: Autonation: Highway 6 Houston TX.
Salesman: Very helpful and straight forward
Finance: Quick, easy, and not trying to sell me anything I didn't want
Body Shop: They painted stripes on my new 2013 SS and the work was extremely impressive. I'm very picky when it comes to paint and the guy that did the work was a very talented painter.

Everybody at work jokes about how hard I am to please and how nothing is ever perfect enough for me. When it's time to buy another car I'll definately be going back to Autonation on Highway 6.
Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8S FORD View Post
Dealership- Performance Chevrolet Sacramento, Ca. Great guys, always upfront about repairs and always honest. They reduce pricing on items all the time when it's major work and/or repeat business. They will tell you to try and find something in other places (ie amazon, forums, etc) and bring it to them to install if its cheaper to go aftermarket than stock.

Stealership- Kuni Cadillac Chevrolet Sacramento, Ca. Didn't have two keys when I bought my Camaro- sales staff had lost one. Sales contract stated they owed me another key. Went in three weeks after purchase, because I was working out of town the week prior when the key came in. When I got there, they tried to tell me that I had to purchase the key and pay the $90 to have it programmed. Fortunately I had my sales contract with me, so I took my key and programmed it myself in front of the service manager to prove to him it wasn't rocket science. Will NEVER go back there.
Added Performance Chevrolet. have you had any experience with Kuni's service department aside from the key programming thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebumble View Post
Have not had to deal with Chevy dealers locally until now so I will update if things change for the better or not...

Peterson Chevrolet - Boise Idaho - Stood waiting in parts for 20 minutes to ask a simple question, no one else around, guy was on and off the phone several times... Later I called and asked service department to schedule and price trans and diff oil changes he said he would call me back... no call back yet.

With the above results I called another local dealer...

Edmark Chevrolet - Nampa Idaho - So far the service manager told me that they do not check and update the ECM unless you have a complaint. I do not like that one bit. When I asked to schedule and price trans and diff oil changes he said he would call me back... no call back yet.
Update: Just went over to the dealer and had them change my trans/diff oil, estimated 170 and charged me 240. Nice enough people but they screwed up the job a little and I had to go back after telling them they screwed up http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...87#post6994287

So far both get Stealership awards from me.

I will update if anything changes, hopefully I can find a good dealer in Dallas area when I move.
Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingFish View Post
Took my car into Westphal Chevrolet in Oswego, IL to get the factory radio updated so the PDIM I installed would work. At first, they had no idea what I was talking about, but I patiently explained what it was and they agreed to give it a go. Even though it ended up taking almost three hours, they only charged me for half an hour. I'd have no problem taking my car back there for service. They were great.
Added - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver96camaro View Post
stealership: JN Chevy Honolulu, Hi
sales rep lied about the features the car had and made stuff up. financing department promised an interest rate then gave me something higher and tried to bury in paperwork, service department is terrible. too many things to list but here are some highlights: wrong oil, scratches in paint after washing the car specifically after i asked them not to wash it, they don't double check their work as evidenced by the steering wheel controls they said they programmed that didn't work at all then tried to tell me it was impossible to do because my car wasn't originally built with it.

neutral dealership: Cutter Chevy Honolulu, Hi
i've been hit or miss with them. they seem to offer great service up front but when you examine things closer they really half ass every thing. service department is incompetent but they try to make up for it. although i once had a problem and service manager wouldn't even hear me out. sales department kept me for 6 hours on easter sunday when i stopped in to ask a few questions about possibly upgrading from my '11 ls to a 13' ss

Good Dealership: Servco Chevy Waipahu, HI
i've had nothing but good experiences here. i got my onstar bluetooth module programmed here. the only bad thing i can say is they push for the unnecessary extras but they do quickly accept no for an answer.
Added - thank you much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 SS View Post
Dealership Jim Glover Chevrolet - Tulsa, OK- Always have wonderful experiences with service department. They have a great team and I am always happy to go there.

Stealership - South Pointe Chevrolet - Tulsa, Ok - Pushy sales team, wouldn't replace a brake light bulb because my headers caused it? When I was looking for a Camaro they tried to sell me a 2010 35,000 with no options and 12000 miles.
Could you go into detail about your experience with Jim Glover's service department?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph09 View Post
Dealership: Hall Chevrolet (Western Branch) Chesapeake, Virginia
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmbtwilli View Post
I have a big thumbs up for service advisor Chris Hayes and the service department at Burdick Chevrolet in Cicero NY.

When I took my car in for warranty work I was more concerned about how my car would be cared for than for how it would be repaired. Chris listened and agreed that it would be handled by technicians wearing gloves. Not only that but it would not be left where car doors could be opened into it or where people would be leaning on it or touching it. I may sound a little anal here but who on Camaro5 wants their car to be damaged while in for repairs. I know a number of owners who hate taking their car to a dealer. All was perfect though as my car was returned in the same shape as when I dropped it off.

As far as the work goes, I had the clutch fluid, the M6 tramsission fluid and the oil changed. When explaining to Chris that during cold weather my clutch pedal does not fully return he found the TSB for replacement of the clutch pedal assembly and clutch actuator cylinder hose and they did this warranty work as well. Now my clutch action is back to normal.

I also want to thank technician Steve Delcostello for his care when replacing all these fluids as there were no drips or splatters anywhere.

Please put this dealership and its employees on the GOOD list.
Added - thank you much!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #283
Leo_black

Drives: 2013 1LT
Since there's no Utah dealerships there I guess I'll give my one and only experience. I took my 2013 1LT to the only dealer for 50 miles because I was getting a random sound coming from the engine area. I bring it in and while the guy's getting my information I mention that I have a cold air intake but my issue was present before that was added and he says the because of the intake they can't perform any warranty work at all, not even the other reason I was there, my rubber door trim was abnormally worn towards the middle and coming off.

I can understand not touching it if the issue was with my cold air intake, or cause by it, but they refused to even look at it unless i wanted to pay.

Without any info to back up my belief that it shouldn't matter unless the intake caused the problem I drove home, removed the cold air intake and installed the factory intake and drove back. Not difficult but it wound up taking me 45 minutes.

In summation, I wouldn't say they're a stealership or a dealership, more just neutral. They didn't rip me off but it was still annoying and frustrating to say the least.

Added 10/31/13:
I'm editing my earlier review of the St George Utah Steven Wade Chevy dealership. They are completely incompetent. 3 weeks ago last Saturday, 4 weeks in 2 days, I brought my Camaro in and one of the things was because the door trim was coming off in a no user wear and tear related way. They said they would have to order it and it would take about a week. Still nothing.

Last edited by Leo_black; 11-01-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Leo_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #284
harryzhere

Drives: Victory Red 2013 "HERO" 2LT
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I completely agree that it could be abused.

Idea - the member has to post their story as to why its a dealership/stealership, and I could make the dealership/stealership text a hyperlink to said post.

And yes, but that sticky is specifically about dealers that charge more than MSRP - aka "Price Gouging Dealers"

This one
harryzhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #285
StealthZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I'm at Findlay Chevrolet in Las Vegas getting my very first service for my 2013 ZL1. We'll see what category they end up in.
Findlay Chevrolet gave my ZL1 it's first service. The tech took less than an hour and didn't say a word about my Roto-Fab cold air intake (Outstanding!). The service rep offered me a free hand-wash, so of course I said, "hell yeah". The hand wash was awful. My black ZL1 had streaks and water spots all over it and they didn't even shine up the tires. No big deal though. I'll just say, "no", to the complimentary hand-wash the next time they offer. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
StealthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #286
JustBill74

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBill74 View Post
Dealership: Carfagno Chevy

http://www.carfagnochevy.com/
Reason they are so good is because they just go out of their way to make you feel special. My first time having to bring it in, they offered free transportation to and from my work, at my convenience. No matter how small the issue, they care for the car as if it was their own. I have had to take it in twice for warranty repairs (check engine light & airbag light) and both times, no issues. Inspections were perfect as well!

They want you to be 100% satisfied. They stress the possible survey that may show up and if you are not 100%, they will make it 100%.

And according to Dealerrater, they were the #1 Dealer of the Year in Pennsylvania.

http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Ca...-review-17600/
JustBill74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #287
lsaterz28
the vetteman

Drives: 68Z/28,09G8/GT,11RS/SS VT,13GMC PU
DEALERSHIP Ed Martin Cad/Chev Anderson In. 1st class in all areas. Have purchased RS/SS from this store and a Pontiac G8 GT from their Carmel In. store same experience.
lsaterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #288
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsaterz28 View Post
DEALERSHIP Ed Martin Cad/Chev Anderson In. 1st class in all areas. Have purchased RS/SS from this store and a Pontiac G8 GT from their Carmel In. store same experience.
What about their Service Department, have you had any work done by them?
Old 10-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #289
The Stig

Quote:
Findlay Chevrolet gave my ZL1 it's first service. The tech took less than an hour and didn't say a word about my Roto-Fab cold air intake (Outstanding!). The service rep offered me a free hand-wash, so of course I said, "hell yeah". The hand wash was awful. My black ZL1 had streaks and water spots all over it and they didn't even shine up the tires. No big deal though. I'll just say, "no", to the complimentary hand-wash the next time they offer. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Awesome - I counted this as a "Dealership" and updated the OP. If I was off base just let me know and I'll correct the rating.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #290
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to All Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Star View Post
Lester Glenn Chevy, NJ +1
No complaints with service...fantastic experiences buying both of our families vehicles. Awesome prices too...didn't even negotiate on my Camaro (I tried, but they gave me such a good price they had no more ground to go, lol).
I think my Lester Glenn Chevy of Toms River, NJ recommendation was skipped over.

Their service department is great, even changed the oil on my girlfriend's old Honda for free. Also swapped my torque converter when Pine Belt insisted it was functioning completely normal.

All Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #291
Chain Blue Lightning
Chain Blue Lightning

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Stig,

Saw your signature picture and wanted to ask, What is it in the cage for? I figure it was either to wild to let out on the street, or was caught attacking Mustangs and put in the box by jealous Ford owners. LOL. keep up the good work on the "Dealership/Stealership"

My input is Dealership - Jim Ternary Chevrolet O'fallon Missouri
1978 RS Camaro
1983 VH Commodore
1996 VS Commodore
2005 WL Statesman
2010 SS Camaro
Chain Blue Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #292
WILDRACER
WILDRACER

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs IOM.
mark grant at colonial west in fitchburg Mass... great guy and great service
WILDRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #293
Chain Blue Lightning
Chain Blue Lightning

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
My input is Dealership - Jim Ternary Chevrolet O'fallon Missouri as a good dealership. I was having custom wheels placed on my car. The shop broke a TPMS and needed a replacement After calling around and finding everyone else in the area would have to order (2 to 3 day delay) the parts department at Ternary not only had the part they brought it to the Wheel shop at no charge.
1978 RS Camaro
1983 VH Commodore
1996 VS Commodore
2005 WL Statesman
2010 SS Camaro
Chain Blue Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #294
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Star View Post
I think my Lester Glenn Chevy of Toms River, NJ recommendation was skipped over.

Their service department is great, even changed the oil on my girlfriend's old Honda for free. Also swapped my torque converter when Pine Belt insisted it was functioning completely normal.
Added it - I looked back through my posts and saw that I noted if you could go into more detail. Which you did right here, so thank you much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain Blue Lightning View Post
Stig,

Saw your signature picture and wanted to ask, What is it in the cage for? I figure it was either to wild to let out on the street, or was caught attacking Mustangs and put in the box by jealous Ford owners. LOL. keep up the good work on the "Dealership/Stealership"

My input is Dealership - Jim Ternary Chevrolet O'fallon Missouri
If you buy your car from Rodgers Chevrolet, that's the trailer they deliver it in

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDRACER View Post
mark grant at colonial west in fitchburg Mass... great guy and great service
Can you go into detail about why they have great service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain Blue Lightning View Post
My input is Dealership - Jim Ternary Chevrolet O'fallon Missouri as a good dealership. I was having custom wheels placed on my car. The shop broke a TPMS and needed a replacement After calling around and finding everyone else in the area would have to order (2 to 3 day delay) the parts department at Ternary not only had the part they brought it to the Wheel shop at no charge.
Have you had any experience with them outside of the TPMS sensor? Like have you had any work done at their service department for example?