Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 05-01-2015, 11:34 PM   #1
cam67

Drives: 1994 chevy camaro rs
1994 camaro v6 vats problem

Hello,I have a 94 camaro I just bought not running.It has had the ign switch replaced with a regular ignition switch.The key I have has no resister chip.It turns the ign.and car cranks.
the fuel pump relay chatters,but dont hear pump running.I removed the relay and jumperd the #30 and #87 term on harness plug to relay.it blows the pcm ign fuse.Im assuming the fuel pump is bad.The thing is with key on or cranking eng,there is no security light on or flashing.
Now,since eng cranks and fuel pump relay is tring to energize fuel pump.Does this mean the vast system is bypassed????
cam67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:57 AM   #2
VASCAR2

Drives: 94 Camaro, 10 1LT IBM Camaro
If I was betting I'd say the fuel pump is bad. My 94 3.4 Camaro still uses the original key. My pass code key system went bad many years ago. My mechanic wired in a new ignition switch with key under the dash. The security system is basically deactivated but you can not tell by just looking. I'd say yours has been rewired so if the solenoid for the pump has power the pump is probably bad. Fuel pump failures are common on Camaros. The fuel pump should have power at the connection at the tank. If it has power the pump is probably bad.

Last edited by VASCAR2; 05-04-2015 at 05:08 PM.
VASCAR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:23 PM   #3
cam67

Drives: 1994 chevy camaro rs
Thanks for responce,I did find the two white wires cut where the new ign switch was put in.so not sure what all previous owner did other than the new non vats key and tummbler.I did run separate wire from poss side of battery back to pos gray wire to pump and no spark or pump running.with 12 volts to it.I ohmed the wire and its not grounding out.so poss open winding in pump.Now the long task of dropping tank.
cam67 is offline   Reply With Quote