Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-10-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Headlamp Broke

Working on my car tonight, one of my headlamps broke while pulling off the bumper. Not my fault it broke. I had a company do some work on my headlamps and they ended up braking off the posts on the outer part of the lamps that help the lamp slide into place and evidently, also keep this piece from getting in the way of while pulling off the bumper cover, which I learned tonight. So basically this part of the lamp broke off, and now I have a hole in the side of my lamp. I'm pretty pissed, and am going to see what the company does about this as there was no reason for them to break off the posts and had they not, the bumper cover would have slide smoothly off as the half dozen times I took it off before the work that they did.

Anyway, my question is about fixing/patching it. The piece that broke off broke off cleanly so I should be able to glue it back on. What should I look for on gluing it? I would imagine I need something heat resistant and I was thinking something silicon like you would use to glue the lens cover back on, but I would think that silicon would stay somewhat gooey when it gets hot and being on the side that could be bad. Maybe it wouldn't get so gooey but I would like to hear some suggestions.

So pissed right now.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
crabapple

Drives: '12 ZR1
PM sent
crabapple is offline   Reply With Quote