Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #463
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
Looks good
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #464
OPP

Drives: 2018 MBM ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro45thAE View Post
Mine has a paint flaw on the trunk lid. Just below the bowtie, if you either catch it in direct light or get really close, you can see that the paint is VERY thin....to the point where you can see the primer if you are up close enough.

I didnt even notice it until weeks after I got the car. I saw it one morning when I opened up the garage to take out the trash and walked back up to the house. My garage faces the east, so the sun was perfect. I thought I had gotten some fiberglass dust on it (I do FG work), but quickly realized that I had washed the car before putting it garage the day before.

Not thrilled about it, but it's not something that anyone else has ever seen expect me or if I point it out. I figure its part of my cars character.
Same here!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #465
ohsotender1

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
congratulations ... I happen to agree on the quiet thing ... I'm going to make mine a bit louder soon too ...enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbostang7 View Post
Just picked up a new 2sscamaro here in Idaho! Love the 45th look! But its too quiet for now at least lol
ohsotender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #466
StentS

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary LS3
Amazes me that GM didn't make it sound like a muscle car from the factory. Any choices yet on which exhaust yet? i am leaning towards the Flowmaster American Thunder set-up

Vince

StentS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #467
StentS

Quote:
Originally Posted by t&t moyer View Post
OK, update. My wife stopped by the body shop for a quick estimate. $200 to clean up grease left all over where ever the mechanic put his hands, foam-pad out marks & scratches across the tops of the fenders & bumper cover and a wheel. Yeah he wrote it for a new wheel but we'll probably end up having to have it repaired. Total, about $700 give or take a little.

The shop that installed the springs was pissed. They gave my wife a hard time right from the get-go saying there was no way they could have done to the car what was wrong and that it was like that when it came in. OK, our word against theirs and the same in return. The car was perfect before it went into the shop, end of story. After me calling them at 1am Kabul time standing outside in the freezing cold in my PJs I was just a little bit pissed to say the least. My point was clearly put across to the shop owner and his wife. After much discussion they caved and are going to cover the cost of the repairs.

The disappointing part is they have a good shop and are great people. They do a ton of business as we live in a very rural area and choice is minimal when choosing where to take a vehicle for service/maint.
Any update on what the shop that did the work will be doing for you?

Vince

Old 03-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #468
ohsotender1

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
I had a convertible sunbird back in 1992 that sounded more muscley (is that a word?) than this one does ...

Unfortunately, Vince I don't know enough about what is what yet to make that determination. Maybe I can learn from you ... I'd put the girl batting eyes happy face here if there was one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StentS View Post
Amazes me that GM didn't make it sound like a muscle car from the factory. Any choices yet on which exhaust yet? i am leaning towards the Flowmaster American Thunder set-up

Vince
ohsotender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #469
StentS

There aren't enough Camaro's with aftermarket exhaust here to compare much. I am going by the sound files on the internet, and pricing of course... My 2002 SS was an SLP car and had their exhaust on it. It sounded like a muscle car...

Old 03-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #470
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:

Vince
I'm going with a Borla S-type catback system. Got a good deal from a member in our local camaro club who was taking mods off his Callaway in preparation to sell it. $800 installed for a $1,400 exhaust system? Heck yeah!
Plus it has less than 2,000 miles on it!

I've not heard flowmaster in person so I can't advise you on that one.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #471
Hendu

Drives: 2SS 45th Anniv LS3
Quote:
With so many cities and states enforcing sound regulation, they have to make efforts to control it for new cars. I asked a state trooper when he pulled me over for my front plate what the state regulation was on sound. He said they have you hold your car at 3-4k rpm and if the sound is louder than your engine, it's too loud.

That method seems a bit subjective to me though.

Personally, I am leaning towards trying a muffler delete first. It's about 100 bucks and from what I can tell sounds pretty good. I feel a need to hear it in person first.

The problem with the internet videos is that they only give you an idea of the sound. I don't think any have been super great, and most you hear wind and stuff intefering.

Mods:
Hurst short throw shifter,Heritage Grille, CAI Inc. cai, Window tint, skip shift eliminator, footwell lighting

To-Do List:
New Exhaust (or muffler delete)
P13w's
and More TBD
Hendu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #472
StentS

My concern is that I will be installing headers and high flow cats soon and I know that will make it even louder. I don't want to do an exhaust twice.... I may just do the headers/hfc's first and see what it sounds like.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #473
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
My concern is that I will be installing headers and high flow cats soon and I know that will make it even louder. I don't want to do an exhaust twice.... I may just do the headers/hfc's first and see what it sounds like.
That's why I'm doing the Borla S-Type. It's supposed to very good with headers but isn't a terribly aggressive exhaust. At normal speeds it's nice and of course it's nice and loud when you hit WOT. And no drone.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #474
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Hey, as a heads up, I saw this person selling a 1:64 scale 45th edition hot wheels like die cast car on eBay. No, it's not me selling, just thought some of you 45thers may be interested, maybe you could find elsewhere too, I think he called it a pre-sale. For what it's worth.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #475
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcfuzz View Post
Hey, as a heads up, I saw this person selling a 1:64 scale 45th edition hot wheels like die cast car on eBay. No, it's not me selling, just thought some of you 45thers may be interested, maybe you could find elsewhere too, I think he called it a pre-sale. For what it's worth.
Getting on ebay as we speak!

Thanks for the heads up, I planned on getting a regular one and painting it, but it sounds like you spared me the trouble!

Edit: Just pre-ordered 5 of them!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #476
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Sweet
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote