Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
YOUNGJMUSIC_RS

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro RS
Send a message via AIM to YOUNGJMUSIC_RS
Question 3G iPhone stops playing music sometimes! error? or malfucntion?

I don't know if any of you guys are using your 3G iPhone for the direct USB connection to play music... but, I use mine both with Bluetooth and have it connect directly to the USB port as iPod.

The Bluetooth works perfectly, it picks up calls and allows me to dial out directly with all the instructions (lady asking to say digits), but whenever I use the iPod function it'll take about 5 seconds to recognize then display an error "device not compatible with the iPhone." but my Camaro still picks it up.

Then once your flipping through songs, while it's on playback, it'll begin to crackle and sometimes disconnect... and then you'll have to repeat the procedures... is this happening with anyone or does my 3G iPhone just suck?

Any advice?

PS. My ride is a 2010 Victory Red Camaro RS
YOUNGJMUSIC_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Have you installed the new Firmware update at your dealer? Try this first as it fixes some problems with the USB port and may fix what yours.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
YOUNGJMUSIC_RS

I had no idea the dealer can update the Firmware for the system... I'll give it a try though, thanks... hopefully it'll work.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:16 AM   #4
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
I haven't had any issues with my 3G IPHONE yet in the car! It recognizes it and brings up the last song playing even after I shut the car off!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNGJMUSIC_RS View Post
I had no idea the dealer can update the Firmware for the system... I'll give it a try though, thanks... hopefully it'll work.
You can check out the thread I started for this and see what you can find out. I'm not aware of anyone other than an employee at a dealer who's been able to get theirs updated. While there were improvements with the USB in the update, what you're describing doesn't seem to match up with what others are experiencing. When the iPod is playing through the vehicle, it is actually uncompressing the music to a .WAV file and sending that over the USB cable, so to me it sounds like the phone is having an issue if it is crackling and then dropping the connection. Have you restarted your phone to see if that improves things at all?

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:28 PM   #6
WeeZee

Drives: SuperSport's
Plug your I-phone into your pc or mac using the usb cable after you open your I-tunes and restore the entire phone. It will automatically fix the problems and put everything back to the way you had it. It will back the phone up first then re-apply everything
WeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:11 PM   #7
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
i have the same problem here is my story after say i play a song then skip about 2-4 songs it plays then it cuts off and hits the radio.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:32 PM   #8
YOUNGJMUSIC_RS

same thing here bro.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:33 PM   #9
YOUNGJMUSIC_RS

I'm thinking it could possibly be the update for the 3G iPhone, meaning the new 3.0 OS software for the phone... the one that's already included on the 3GS phones.

I've never used it on my Camaro before the update... so maybe that might be it.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:43 AM   #10
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
i used it before the 3.0 update and it did the same.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:47 AM   #11
MB2010CC
Back in Black

Drives: 2010 Black 2LT/RS Camaro
Yeah. My iPhone, the 3GS, wont let me get to the ipod application on my phone when it is plugged into the USB port. When I press the iPod button a screen just comes up that says "Accessory Connected" It is rediculous. I have to use the voice recognition in the phone to change albums or artists. Anybody else have this prob? Anybody know how to fix it?