Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
NORSS426

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2/RS
Pfadt vs. Eibach: Help Please!!

I'm not to familiar with suspension kits. Can anyone help me with deciding what brand of lower springs to get? I've decided to lower my car instead of getting the way more expensive GFX. I know Eibach is slightly less expensive.

Also, is it worth getting sway bars. I mean is there reallly a difference worth spending $300 on?

Any suggestions on this stuff would be GREAT!
NORSS426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
corner handling, better-looking/aggressive stance.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORSS426 View Post
I'm not to familiar with suspension kits. Can anyone help me with deciding what brand of lower springs to get? I've decided to lower my car instead of getting the way more expensive GFX. I know Eibach is slightly less expensive.

Also, is it worth getting sway bars. I mean is there reallly a difference worth spending $300 on?

Depends what you are using the car for. Personally I drive my car almost daily and I wanted it to have a lower stance but don't really care what its going to do on a road course so I went Eibach. For my needs its MORE than enough
Black on Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3;K&N intake, Dynatech 1 7/8 catted LTs, Borla S Cat Back, Eibach prokit, Pfadt rear trailing arms, ZL-1 driveline, BTR Stage III Cam, Tuned by Performance Redline 444.1whp & 442.9 ft-lb
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Quote:

I've ran pedders and eibach on my GTO. If you are just looking to make the car look good I would go with the cheaper eibach. If you are looking for an improvement in driving and handling characteristics I would go Pfadt or Pedders. And yes sway bars are worth it. They make the car flat. Lose all that body roll and get a car that is responsive and feels like a true sports car
Old 03-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06blownSS View Post
Depends what you are using the car for. Personally I drive my car almost daily and I wanted it to have a lower stance but don't really care what its going to do on a road course so I went Eibach. For my needs its MORE than enough

Agreed, mine is a daily driver so the Eibach's more than serve there purpose, nice clean look and slight improvement in performance...I am not taking corners at 50+ so they are awesome...
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Eibachs are a decent budget option but Pfadt springs will offer superior ride and handling. Another brand to consider would be BMR. Their springs are priced closer to Eibach but are a much more consistent product that offers a better ride.

A good set of sway bars transform the way these cars handle. Definitely worth the investment.

If you have any questions feel free to hit me up. That is what I'm here for.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #7
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
I have the Eibach sways and springs and have no complaints whatsoever. I haven't tried any others, so I don't know if maybe Pfadt or anyone else would perform better. All I know is I'm satisfied with Eibachs- especially considering they are just a temporary band-aid until I have the money for Pedders coil-overs.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #8
FEN

Drives: BLACK 2SS/RS
ALL major brands will feel just about the same and offer a slightly stiffer ride quality.Cant go wrong with ANY of the brands mentioned so far.

Eibach 1" Pro Spring kit.....
[IMG]http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx5/fenemij/DS****30.jpg[/IMG]
Eibach 1" Pro Spring Kit
Factory GFX
MPD1 spoiler
painted bowties
15% tint
FEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #9
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
I'm delighted with my Pfadt Mods. I started with their Sport Sways Bars / endlinks - feels like riding on rails in curves/cloverleafs. Definitely worth upgrading the OE sways.

I chose Pfadt coilovers over springs so I can have ride height & dampening options. Yes a big investment but worth it.

PM Pfadt with any questions - Aaron Pfadt and Blair are very responsive, professional & great to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #10
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
IMO, sways are an absolute must on this car. The rear especially. They clean up the cornering so much, it's not even funny. Lowering springs do help in CG and make for better cornering but between the springs and sways, the difference a good set of sways make is considerably more noticeable. Lowering springs do make the car look considerbly better though.

It's obvious which I chose by looking at my sig. Been very pleased with my choice as well.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:32 AM   #11
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
If you plan on keeping your car a while, I would go with Pfadt, or Pedders. Pedders has some more cost effective options. If you can afford the coilovers they are like buying a multitude of suspsions at once as you can change the hieght (needs realigning), and the ride is adjustable via a few clicks.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #12
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:

Thanks for considering our products! As has been put forward earlier in the thread we offer springs and shocks, both of which are great upgrades on their own but were designed to work excellently in tandem together.

Sway bars are a huge improvement to the handling and balance of the vehicle. The stock Camaro was setup from the factory with a heavy amount of under steer built in. Understeer isn't much fun on track or on the street, so we engineered our suspension components to make your car much more fun to drive, while retaining great daily drivability and OEM quality durability.

This video is a great tool for illustrating the differences between a car with stock and aftermarket sway bars. As you can see the car is much more controlled and much more fun to drive!

If you've got any questions please feel free to let us know!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:18 AM   #13
NORSS426

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2/RS
thanks everyone! any body else that has something to add, by all mean do!
NORSS426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:58 AM   #14
72Rookie

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Trailing arms will really help with the ride quality after drop springs. Sways are a far better option to improved ride quality over drop springs. My reccomendation is to do all three.
72Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote