Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-22-2010, 06:53 PM   #57
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
If GM were to offer this option, I would also like to see the engine build option available on Z06 and ZR1 Corvettes. I think included in the package should be some literature, sales booklets, a framed build sheet or window sticker, a signed lithograph from GM, and maybe some less significant licensed products, like a shirt or key chain, from GM. Any factory delivery customers should get a red carpet treatment. People who pay for exclusivity should be treated like kings. It's a matter of customer service. Whatever would happen, buyers should feel so good about this experience that it is easily worth the premium paid.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #58
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
If an ordering option existed for the possible upcoming Z28 where you could pick up your Camaro from the factory, what do you think should be included with this option and what price would you be willing to pay?

Some examples could include...
  1. All build documents...
  2. Pictures of your car being built along the line...
  3. Tour of the plant...
  4. Getting the opportunity to help build your car in one fashion or another...
  5. Taking your new Z28 to the Mosport International Raceway for some one on one driving lessons after pickup...

If you are interested in buying a Z28, I'd love to hear your input on a possible "pick up and delivery from the plant" option. This would be similar to the pick up and delivery of a new corvette from the Bowling Green Assemply Plant and museum.

Please try not to get unrealistic with your ideas (ie: option costs $300 and you get to build the engine, and everything else possible). Let's figure the option to be around .....say....$1,500.00 to try to keep it reasonable....I mean...with all build paperwork, type of tour, etc, and all (if it were possible).

Ideas?
I'D LOVE THIS IDEA!!! Unfortunately - I couldn't support it with $$$ I don't think $1500 is too much to ask for what we're talking about, and I'd just love to be able to get some signatures and a picture or something, but I'd REALLY like to pick the car up. I wouldn't want to pay that much to pick it up, though. I'll be stretching my budget as it is, but if that were less of a factor, I'd be on this like stink on $h1t I definately like this as an option for those who can swing it

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #59
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Great Thread... Great Idea... Count me in if GM ever does something like this...

They could even train them down to Michigan once a quarter and have group deliveries. Not as good as going to the Oshawa plant, but may help with logistics...
Old 11-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #60
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota
How a bought a package type.
Package One (Ambassador badge-Platinum) 1500.00 you get the fallowing; Framed picture at the plant w/the build teem, Lithograph, Build sheet, birth certificate, signed E.C., T-shirt & B.B.Cap, keep the badge, help build a part of your car, a brick with your name, date & order number engraved at the end of the assembly line, test drive what you ordered .
Package two (V.I.P. badge-Gold) 1000.00 same stuff above but remove the test drive or limit the time.
maybe even one more package but a little cheaper with a bit less stuff....
Old 11-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #61
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
shouldn't we just be happy to have a Z28 first if and when the darn car ever gets announced for production?
Old 11-24-2010, 05:23 PM   #62
bobmac427

Drives: 2008 Z06
You want to have factory delivery?
Move the assembly of Camaros to the Corvette Assembly Plant.
Pair up with the Corvette Museum and call it the Corvette/Camaro Museum.
They have the facilities to do all your documentation.
They do a great delivery and prep for Corvettes (I did it in 2005 and it was awesome)
They are building a huge sports complex across the street with a road course, drag strip, and autocross area. What a great place for an annual Camaro Bash!

So everything is there. Just have to move the assembly to Kentucky. They have the room now that they're not making the Caddy!

Bob

Last edited by bobmac427; 11-24-2010 at 09:07 PM.
bobmac427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:45 PM   #63
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Naaaa... I like how the Canadians party. Can't do it up like that in Bowling Green.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:08 AM   #64
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
I wouldn't opt for this unless the assembly plant were closer and in the US. I have no interest in obtaining a passport to go to Canada.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:38 AM   #65
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Speaking of Z-28... I think someone talked about this commercial in another thread but listen closely at .50 secs as Scott Evans, Assoc online Editor Motor Trend, talks about a 3rd variant (Z28???) previewing at the upcoming Detroit Auto Show.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:17 AM   #66
MotorCityAgent
The Collector Protector

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1
If the plant were in the U.S. I'd pay for a factory (Corvette-esque) pick-up. I'd glady pay to help build the engine (Corvette-esque, again) - U.S. plant or not.

"If its worth collecting, its worth protecting!"

:5thgenvert:

Contact me for a FREE Do-Not-Touch Sign

Last edited by MotorCityAgent; 11-25-2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Me likey to edit
MotorCityAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #67
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
Plant opens doors to public.

http://autos.sympatico.ca/auto-news/...-to-the-public
hairtrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:16 PM   #68
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairtrigger View Post

I don't know if this is a one-time thing or not, but it's part of a company-wide "open house" program they're doing next year.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:06 AM   #69
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
General Motors of Canada will open the doors of its factories in Oshawa, St. Catharines and Ingersoll, Ontario to the public before the end of 2011.

No specific dates have been announced yet, but the open houses are part of a broader initiative by GM in the United States to give the public, "the opportunity to learn more about the company's people, products and plants."

Sounds to us like GM wants to prove all that public money they were leant went to good use. Said Kevin Williams, GM Canada’s president and managing director: “These open houses are our way of showing our appreciation for the support we received and for the communities in which we operate.”
And when we all think back to the days of, "No one will ever see the inside of the factory as it's all top secret. Taking pictures, non-employees back there....never gonna happen."

Things change. Times change. Living a life of "because we've always done it this way...." completely goes against the whole idea of growth in a company. That guy got fired last week and the new guy is saying, "let's think outside the box. Let's bring people in...teach them...show them WHY the car they bought or are going to buy is 100% better in fit, finish, and quality than that 'other' car." If you want to get rid of the old image of GM....and how it's cars were falling apart and people didn't care, you have to teach them. What better way?

It's happening. Doors will open which could also mean potential to be handed keys to a new car on the line. The questions are...what would you pay for that and what would you want it to entail. THAT is what I think could be cool.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #70
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
I would pay extra for it! Prob 2k would be my max though. I would even still like to have a signed litho for my 2010.
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote