Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #183
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
John,

I have a hole saw that would make a very clean cut of that. Stop by sometime and we can do it at my house. Then put a black grommet in the hole to give it a finished look. Oh and when you are ready to change out your head unit to Metra or Scoshe or Alpine let me know. I am doing the same thing and we can learn from each other.....maybe.
Tom that sounds like an awesome idea about the stereo install, I know you know your stuff and by the time I do the stereo we should be practically neighbors! We were hoping to do the hole this week while we're finishing up the Pedders alignment kit, and the final Pfadt parts to finish up the alignment, so I can join you guys at Paridise car show! The lead tech at the shop had to fly back to AZ due to family issue, so it's just been Ray & I ...needless to say things haven't been moving too quick but Friday is the goal!

I spoke with Eric at MPD1 yesterday and told him our plan to use the hole saw but he was a little skeptical about that, as that was our original plan. He recommended using a 1/8" carbine bit on an angle drill or dremmel, making our circle and then doing the cut about 1/16" inside the lines and then smoothing it out to the line with a small drum sander attachment with dremmel. I love the black grommet idea!! Man, you're a wealth of knowledge, can't wait until I'm a short drive from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
you always got something in your pocket john when will we stop spending or stop modifying ?
Looks who's talking!! The king of Lebanon I've got to keep up with some of these guys on here Pierre!! Besides I look at this way, when I moved to Cali last year I sold my other toy....the Reel Therapy

A 31ft Fountain Tournament Edition with twin Mercury Optimax 250s with a 200 gallon gas tank.....Just filling her up was $1000 But doing 65mph in 2-3ft seas shooting out 60 miles to the canyons to catch 300+lb Bluefin Tuna made it all worth it!! So in actuality I'm saving money (at least that's what I tell my wife)

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:14 AM   #184
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
That's one awesome looking boat John, looks like you used to have a lot of fun with it, well now you have your new toy ,but soon when your done with it you'll have to find something new to play with cz people like us don't know how to stay put and do nothing,thank you for the humble comment as i am the humble camaro tuner king of lebanon ,i also like you have another hobby to pay for and it's an expesive one ,a 200 gallon reef tank.

only problem i can't convince my wife that i'm saving money like you i'm blamed for spending a lot on my hobbies .
Old 04-13-2012, 02:20 AM   #185
Kronix

Killer tank Pierre, I love salt water tanks!!! Awesome hobby & can get costly $$$$ when those fish start going belly up!

Final Pedders & Pfadt suspension parts installed today and we started the process of corner weighting again, should really be able to dial it close to 51/49% which is as close to perfect as you can get. The car will literally be on rails. Really want to make the Paradise Chevy Show on Sunday so pushing for the alignment tomorrow (Friday), so the rig can make it's first public showing & hook up with the boys from the 4C's!

Still waiting on more parts & decisions to make before my move south, so a lot could be done in the next month. My ZL1 bumper will be in on Monday (right Gary ), then the custom ZL1EATR will be that close to being done....Sorry ZL1 owners, truth sometimes hurts, but we can still be friends

I'll leave you with the latest renderings from our own xVengencex28, my Jersey Bro, Chris. Throw the man a bone and he'll blow you away with his skills!

Old 04-13-2012, 03:01 AM   #186
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

OMG those pics look amazing, great work from xvengencex28 car looks better than the GINN camaro imo ,i tried to decide which one i like most but i couldn't each pic is unique in its own way, keeepem cominnn bro.
p.s. i put the second one on my desktop.

Last edited by pierre777; 04-13-2012 at 11:50 AM.
pierre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #187
Kronix

Quote:
OMG those pics look amazing, great work from xvengencex28 car looks better than the GINN camaro imo ,i tried to decide which one i like most but i couldn't each pic is unique in its own way, keeepem cominnn bro.
p.s. i put the second one on my desktop.
Thanks Brother P, I can't take any credit though, I just supplied the car! Chris (xVengenencex28) does awesome work and he's such a nice guy...all of us Jersey boys are When you're done with your build definitely hit him up and let him work some magic for you! I still can't pick a favorite, they're all awesome & can't wait to get the ZL1 bumper on, so I told him to save the best for last!

Glad to help you earlier today bro, I just love talking these cars...can you tell? Good luck getting that Maggie in and let me know if you need anything.

Latest update on the SS is all suspension mods are complete & going to the alignment shop tomorrow for the Pedders aggressive street alignment. ZL1 bumper will be in Gary's hands on Monday & hopefully in the spray booth Tuesday....If GM happens to screw him again on his bumper orders, I do have a back up waiting in the wings. I should have the new AAC Oracle Ghosted Side Markers in early next week, that's such a cool looking mod I thought I loved the Oracle LEDs I have now, but those Ghosted ones are off the chain!! Already have my MTI Racing Billet Tensioner & smaller pulley ready to install next week as well. Once that's done, custom badging, sound system and a little interior fun...then heavy thoughts about doing the gears, axle shafts & rear end, but that's going to happen once I get to SoCal

Here's another shot for you...
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #188
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Killer tank Pierre, I love salt water tanks!!! Awesome hobby & can get costly $$$$ when those fish start going belly up!

Final Pedders & Pfadt suspension parts installed today and we started the process of corner weighting again, should really be able to dial it close to 51/49% which is as close to perfect as you can get. The car will literally be on rails. Really want to make the Paradise Chevy Show on Sunday so pushing for the alignment tomorrow (Friday), so the rig can make it's first public showing & hook up with the boys from the 4C's!

Still waiting on more parts & decisions to make before my move south, so a lot could be done in the next month. My ZL1 bumper will be in on Monday (right Gary ), then the custom ZL1EATR will be that close to being done....Sorry ZL1 owners, truth sometimes hurts, but we can still be friends

I'll leave you with the latest renderings from our own xVengencex28, my Jersey Bro, Chris. Throw the man a bone and he'll blow you away with his skills!

Killer!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #189
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

BLOWN AWAY is an understatement!! Pix are unbelievable!!!...

Any more info on the 1968?.....ABL99....
Old 04-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #190
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
BLOWN AWAY is an understatement!! Pix are unbelievable!!!...

Any more info on the 1968?.....ABL99....

I can't take any credit for the pix ABL99, Chris (xVengeancex28) is a true artist & an all-around awesome guy to work with. You should definitely drop him a line for some of his handy work. I plan on getting Car Show Display Stands and blowing up the pics he did for me, and using them at shows. He's got another project for me next week when the ZL1 bumper comes in

Info about the 68 in your thread

Some more of Chris' handy work

Just got in from AAC the new Oracle Ghosted Sidemarkers and these things are sick, can't wait to see them on. Oracle has outdone themselves again!
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #191
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I can't take any credit for the pix ABL99, Chris (xVengeancex28) is a true artist & an all-around awesome guy to work with. You should definitely drop him a line for some of his handy work. I plan on getting Car Show Display Stands and blowing up the pics he did for me, and using them at shows. He's got another project for me next week when the ZL1 bumper comes in

Info about the 68 in your thread

Some more of Chris' handy work

Just got in from AAC the new Oracle Ghosted Sidemarkers and these things are sick, can't wait to see them on. Oracle has outdone themselves again!
What can be said that hasn't already been said.....WOW!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #192
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

wow man those ORACLE sidemarkers look awesome ,congrats
Old 04-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #193
2010ABM

Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Car's looking great man! Love that hood and diffuser! Lupe did a great job on the strut tower brace...he's one of our local club members, a great guy, and does amazing work! Look forward to seein' how everything progresses!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #194
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
What can be said that hasn't already been said.....WOW!!!
Thank you sir!

Quote:
wow man those ORACLE sidemarkers look awesome ,congrats
I love them P, just looks like part of the body, then a bright ass LED shines through, can't wait to get them on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010ABM View Post
Car's looking great man! Love that hood and diffuser! Lupe did a great job on the strut tower brace...he's one of our local club members, a great guy, and does amazing work! Look forward to seein' how everything progresses!
Thanks ABM! Lupe is an awesome guy, he's working on my interior also! I love his work...Must be a privilege to have such a craftsman in your club!

Old 04-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #195
Kronix

Latest update as of today, subframe has been dropped (again!) to install the ZL1 fuel pump. Just confirmed my interior order with Lupe @ River City Creations for Piano Black Speedo/Tach Bezel, Shifter Bezel, Long Console strips & Steering wheel bezel. Also just picked up Ted Jannetty's Performance Tensioner & Pulley (Thanks for the help Ted)

For next week's schedule:
Gary from Gary's Customz says my ZL1 bumper will be headed to Cali on Monday, as should the latest project Roger @ Emblem Pros is doing for me. Plus I'll be getting my custom CAI lid from Bill @ CAI, Inc (Thank you Bill for making this project a reality & going above & beyond helping me on this)

It's getting down to crunch time, as May will be moving month to the LA area, so everything should be timed nicely. As usual, pics will be following of ZL1 Fuel Pump install tomorrow.
Thanks for looking & Thanks for all the support!

Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #196
Dizzy

Drives: Black 2011 2ss
Quote:

For next week's schedule:
Gary from Gary's Customz says my ZL1 bumper will be headed to Cali on Monday, as should the latest project Roger @ Emblem Pros is doing for me. Plus I'll be getting my custom CAI lid from Bill @ CAI, Inc (Thank you Bill for making this project a reality & going above & beyond helping me on this)

It's getting down to crunch time, as May will be moving month to the LA area, so everything should be timed nicely. As usual, pics will be following of ZL1 Fuel Pump install tomorrow.
Thanks for looking & Thanks for all the support!

what part of la? anyhow good looking car, i ask about what part of la because im also getting my zl1 bumper from gary and the mpd hood sould be arriving soon, we might might 2 of the same looking cars in the la area, but ur car is more badass

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx