Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #43
2012 Mustang GT

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT, 1998 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaugh1990 View Post
I will buy a z/28, and it will be my DD. that is all.
hell yeah...
i like it still other than that hood. But the price is gonna be a killer. Its gonna be pushing 70k easy. GM is gonna make a profit and its gotta be close to that just to break even with what they have added to the car.
2012 Mustang GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #44
Boris632

Drives: 1955 210
I really hope the 1LE comes back in 2014.

The more i research the 2013 the more I think this might be the car of choice.

A 1LE with the Recaros, 3.91 gearing, and Z/28 wheels
Boris632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #45
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary B View Post
People are just pissed because they can't have the fully loaded 427 Camaro they have wanted since the Camaro has returned, and have it fully warrantied. I applaud GM for building the Z28 for the ones that will enjoy it! Personally, all I would want would be 3 more speakers, and then I would mod the 427 a lil more to my liking.
Living in Tennessee, I would have to bite the bullet and get the AC. It ain't no fun driving a non-ACed car in the summer!!!

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #46
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris632 View Post
I really hope the 1LE comes back in 2014.

The more i research the 2013 the more I think this might be the car of choice.

A 1LE with the Recaros, 3.91 gearing, and Z/28 wheels
It is.

http://m.motortrend.com/wot/2014-che...ms-361523.html

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 05-01-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #47
Kevlar382

Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I think very very few are rejecting it. And those that are either can't afford it or they are ZL1 owners concerned the Z/28 will outshine their Camaro.
Never happen
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #48
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar382 View Post
Never happen
Glad your're not one of them, but when I wrote this there was a number of ZL1 owners making statements.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #49
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by t&t moyer View Post
All this talk about the Z being a DD and pricing or creature comforts. Really??? Get over it and buy something else if you don't like it, move on and find something else to complain about. Look at the original Z28 in 1967. Was it a practical for everyone as a DD especially if you opted for the cross-ram dual four intake & headers in the trunk waiting to be installed by the dealer?? It's a base for a race car, not a Cadillac. The public is spoiled with comforts. Want a race car buy it, want a street car buy it but don't expect both out of one. The Camaro isn't a "super car" and never will be. It's average Joes muscle car just as it was intended way back in the day.
I somewhat disagree with just one of your points. You brought up the 67 Camaro and noted its lack of options/not being practical for a DD. That was the thing in the 60s though. You wanted that performance car, you started ticking the right option boxes and you started losing that stuff. Radio delete, no A/C etc etc that was cool back in the 60s. People are are spoiled now. Look at all the incredible cars out there and the creature comforts they have. thats why certain people are mad about not getting the chance to option it up.

And I only somewhat disagreed bc performance cars not being practical back in the 60s was alot more common than today. I think its incredible the way GM decided to build the Z/28, and I cant wait to see how it tears up the race track.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #50
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I somewhat disagree with just one of your points. You brought up the 67 Camaro and noted its lack of options/not being practical for a DD. That was the thing in the 60s though. You wanted that performance car, you started ticking the right option boxes and you started losing that stuff. Radio delete, no A/C etc etc that was cool back in the 60s. People are are spoiled now. Look at all the incredible cars out there and the creature comforts they have. thats why certain people are mad about not getting the chance to option it up.

And I only somewhat disagreed bc performance cars not being practical back in the 60s was alot more common than today. I think its incredible the way GM decided to build the Z/28, and I cant wait to see how it tears up the race track.
If anyone's pissed because this car won't have comforts? They're simply pansies. They have the vettes for you! Or OTHER camaros. I love the fact theirs no AC and only one speaker. Of course I'd install a radio or what not. Enough to jam some music but not enough to make it a sound machine as that's what the engine is for. I was upset for the simple fact it has a lot of exotics and that will make the price relatively high, but I understand why. If its priced accordingly, ill be selling my beauty for one as I rarely drive it and the Zwould be a rare driven car but when I do drive, I make it worth it. I love the LS7 and I do wish they'd have installed it as an upgraded option for the SS as I'd have one. Ill see what happens...

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #51
Muddflap

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
There is no such thing.
I like the way you think....
Muddflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #52
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
If anyone's pissed because this car won't have comforts? They're simply pansies. They have the vettes for you! Or OTHER camaros. I love the fact theirs no AC and only one speaker. Of course I'd install a radio or what not. Enough to jam some music but not enough to make it a sound machine as that's what the engine is for. I was upset for the simple fact it has a lot of exotics and that will make the price relatively high, but I understand why. If its priced accordingly, ill be selling my beauty for one as I rarely drive it and the Zwould be a rare driven car but when I do drive, I make it worth it. I love the LS7 and I do wish they'd have installed it as an upgraded option for the SS as I'd have one. Ill see what happens...
Yep. I think it's awesome how they built it, but I was simply commenting on why I think some people are pissed lol
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #53
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I think the reason they wanted to make it less appealing to most buyers was because there will be a limited number of LS7 engines available. They want to keep selling this version of the Z28 until the release of the 6th gen so the low content of options combined with a stiff price tag will keep all but the hard core fan away.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #54
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I don't think so. Who markets a product to make it less desirable?
Old 05-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #55
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...make it less appealing with the intent to do so in mind? Theres no credence in that. Make it purpose built and more appealing for a very specific consumer market in mind? Yes. Only two groups will pursue this one off beast......hard core collectors, and hard core racers. This is where the rubber hits the road, and the defining line that seperates the boys from the men <excerpt line from fbodfather>. This is no
Old 05-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #56
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I don't think so. Who markets a product to make it less desirable?
Methinks you have to look a little past the two words "less appealing" and read all of "less appealing to most buyers". There's a significant difference.

The Z/28 is a car for a clearly defined, hardcore niche. I'm guessing that in many cases, part of the reason for buying it will be because it does not try to be anything else. You either like it for what it isn't as well as for what it is, or you need to be looking at something else.

Dunno, maybe it's easier to see this when you don't even think like the average mainstream car buyer. Most buyers would not find cars that are specifically equipped to appeal to me very appealing for themselves. I'm not making any distinctions among daily-drivers, weekend/trip cars, and toys here.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote