Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
Runawayhacker

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
AAC HID Kit Isssues

I happily received my HID Kit from AAC (http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...arohidkit.aspx) the other day and promptly installed it. I got all the wiring done, flipped on the lights and.... everything worked perfectly. One of the bulbs looks a little "blue"er to me than the other, but my eyes are probably just playing tricks on me. So, i have been driving around with my new HID lights for about 2 days now. After day 1, I noticed that the driver side ballast had fallen off of the velcro strips I had holding it up with. It may have tugged on the wires a little, but I put it back up (the correct way) and everything seemed to function correctly, so i didn't think anything of it.

Today (day 3), I went into my garage, cranked the car, and the passenger side light was out. I promptly popped the hood and examined the wiring and the bulb. Nothing seemed out of place from the last time it was working. I turned off the lights for about 10 seconds, then turned them back on. The light came on slowly after warming up. Then, later in the afternoon, the same problem happened again, but this time they were reversed! Now the driver side bulb it out and the passenger side its fine... Any ideas on what is going on? I installed all of the wiring including the option relay in case of flickering. For the ground leads, I even sanded under the bolts on the frame to ensure a good contact.

Thanks guys
Runawayhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
Runawayhacker

** UPDATE **
I'm thinking there may be some loose wiring here. Was looking at the cables again and if some of the wires leading into the relay bend a certain way, the power cuts off to the only working headlight.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
take the harness off you don't need it. connect the balists directly to your factory harness that is why you are having these issues
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
Runawayhacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
take the harness off you don't need it. connect the balists directly to your factory harness that is why you are having these issues
Unfortunately, that's not an option. As you can see from the photos below, there are tabs that don't match the OEM plug.

I've also noticed that the power source plugs from the car appear to be a little burned. I was previously using these bulbs from AAC as well.

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/H13HOD.aspx

It doesn't appear to be an issue as I am able to plug the OEM bulbs back in and they work just fine. No connectivity issues.

Tags
aac, headlight, hid, issue, problem