Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-30-2014, 12:49 AM   #71
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
glad to hear you got it fixed!

--John--2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, Summit White
Air Ride Suspension, BBK Longtube Headers, Hi-Flo cats, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Elite Catch-Can, Airraid CAI, Trifecta tune, ZL1 front end with Phantom grille, ZL1 side skirts, MRR228 graphite wheels
JCO2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:44 PM   #72
SkunkJunk420

Drives: camaros
sweet set up what size wheels and tires are you run'n?
SkunkJunk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:20 AM   #73
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkJunk420 View Post
sweet set up what size wheels and tires are you run'n?
+1

Would like to know offset and backspacing as well.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:43 PM   #74
tooheysmax

Drives: Black 2SS RS
I am running 20 x8.5 front and 20x10 rear with factory offset. I just upgraded 3 weeks ago to dual 444 compressors. I couldn't take how long fill time was while wanting to press buttons.
tooheysmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:05 PM   #75
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
going with dual compressors is the way to go. That is exactly what i did on my set up

--John--2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, Summit White
Air Ride Suspension, BBK Longtube Headers, Hi-Flo cats, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Elite Catch-Can, Airraid CAI, Trifecta tune, ZL1 front end with Phantom grille, ZL1 side skirts, MRR228 graphite wheels
JCO2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:12 AM   #76
*_ERIC_*
OMINOUS

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCO2185 View Post
i have my ride height set as 37 for the fronts and 95 for the rears, nice little raked look. Handles great. But its personal preference based on what feels good for you and how the roads are out by you.
That's about where I set mine at. It seems that the rear didn't raise as much as the front so I went with around 96 in the rear and 42 in the front. I agree it handles great! Then again I did replace all of my bushings, sway bars, rear trailing arms and toe rods too also upgraded the rear lower control arms to the 2012 version. So I don't know what part of the upgrade to attribute the most improvement to overstock. I know I wouldn't say it handles great since the upgrade. I would say it handles effing AMAZING! It's like driving a race car.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:00 AM   #77
tooheysmax

okay I know its been about a year since I've updated this and my progress has been so far I've made about 12,000 miles on air lift in traveling with zero issues. after going to do compressors I've had a lot less feel time I can use it more often and it never gets oldI have not posted probably about 800 plus pictures on Instagram most of them are of course I did that Wynwood group area that I posted in the other forum I do have to say I have one peeve though and that is all the people who claim that they never saw my posts or my thread write up that helped them to install their kits if you did an install after the start of this you have lurked all I ask is you to admit I helped save you alot of time guessing where to put things. Just in my local area alone I know I am the reason that has attributed to several lexus, BMW, infinity , Nissan and several Volkswagens Camaro and even a few fords to installing air suspension. My instagram is @Camaro_ss_airlift don't be shy stop on by. As of now with 6k plus views anyone who has questions feel free to ask. The fastest I've gone with this kit installed is 163 on a back road by Tamiami airport not your regular freeway it has one entrance and it's the same exit. I drive at stock height it is impossible to drive this car fully dumped at any rate of speed faster then babysteps because the rear tires become inverted. You should always put dryers between your compressors and tank don't rely on the tank to hold water. Keep your manifold elevated to ensure it doesn't collect water. It's late and I am a picture whore.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:03 AM   #78
tooheysmax

@Camaro_ss_airlift instagram
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2016, 12:11 PM   #79
tooheysmax

Yes I drove back to Portland Maine last september that is the same light house as the first thread picture. That is also the original Ghostbusters house in NYC. I have driven maybe 25k Miles now and it still doesnt get old.
I am excessive on pictures on instagram camaro_ss_airlift
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2021, 05:41 PM   #80
tooheysmax

So after a couple more years I am finally sticking my head back in I am now up to 95,000 miles which is about 62,000 miles on the car since I did this I’ve also replaced the entire end CV shafts and all that but had nothing to do with airlift just my driving and I must say I am on my fourth set of air compressors who knows how many fuses but the management system in the bags are all just fine I am still playing with it and I probably have over 10,000+ cycles on it at this point if you have any further questions feel free to ask and I have not updated this in five or six years I also didn’t realize I haven’t even been on this form in two years I guess Time flies when you’re busy with work
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2022, 12:13 AM   #81
Mike14bumblebee

Drives: 2014 yellow 2SS/RS
Great write up. I will definitely use the info you have provided if I end up installing air ride myself. Did you have to get alignment done after install? Also, what's the deal with all the compressors you are going thru?

Tags
airlift, v2 controller