Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #757
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Going to the Train Yard

Going to the train yard guys. I mapped it out on Google Maps. Can't get too close but I'm going to try and find out if I can see my 1LE on the barbed wire protected property. Wish me luck!

Milpitas Train Yard
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #758
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Wooooooooo Hooooooooooooo,thing of beauty.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #759
cornerspeed92

GoPro

Since hopefully i will never need to use my tow hook,came up with a great idea for mounting my GoPro when its not inside with me.As most of you know by now, i will be on Laguna Seca on March 1st,so should have some pretty awesome footage.With my 2011 1LT RS/RS i just drilled a couple holes under the bumper and safety wired the bracket on,but our front ends are so low,and with the splitter there simply is no way to mount it there,so i safety wired the bracket to a plastic electrical cover,and it worked just perfect.
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #760
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
I know, right... Wealth in love from kids and family! But then after posting this my other boy vomitted 16 times last night. We are in the ER now. He is on IV. I think my wife and I slept a total of six hours combined. Sorry I'm off topic guys. Thought the car was appropriate to post but had to reply about the other guy given the timely nature of your comment.

Look forward to your write up today. No pressure, man. ;-)

Awwww man that sucks... Is he better now ? Hope it all goes well
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #761
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Since hopefully i will never need to use my tow hook,came up with a great idea for mounting my GoPro when its not inside with me.As most of you know by now, i will be on Laguna Seca on March 1st,so should have some pretty awesome footage.With my 2011 1LT RS/RS i just drilled a couple holes under the bumper and safety wired the bracket on,but our front ends are so low,and with the splitter there simply is no way to mount it there,so i safety wired the bracket to a plastic electrical cover,and it worked just perfect.
My GoPro HERO 3 Black Edition should be delivered Tue! :P
Old 12-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #762
cornerspeed92

That would look so good with my red,but will look like it belongs on you're SW.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #763
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
I finally heard back from RevXtreme regarding my Catchcan.
CRT, at least you got an update....hope my can is shipping out with yours...I don't understand what could possibly be taking them so long....

I saw the $500 bonus cash on the Chevy website, I expect that's what your dealer was referring to with the invoice.

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #764
OzzySS

Tram and ST1LE, both your cars look awesome! Love the blackout with the plastidip...starting to think I should just do that instead of the vinyl I got...I'm sure it would be easier and quicker lol.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #765
OzzySS

Quote:
Ha, this is a great idea. Clever secondary use of the hook...let's see some vids tonight!

Old 12-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #766
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Wow. That's insanely cool. Would love to see some of your videos from the 1LT.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #767
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
Awwww man that sucks... Is he better now ? Hope it all goes well
Clear liquids for 24 hours. Then other liquids for 24. Then solids. Sucks. Now he has a fever. My bet is he's passing around some stomach flu virus the week I'm picking up the car. All I can really hope for now is that he doesn't vomit every 20-30 minutes through the night last night.

So, I went to the Milpitas train yard. I saw some camaros. One that I initially thought could be mine then another that seemed to be more likely. There was a large barbed wire fence and the cars were so far away it was hard to have enough elevation gain from my vantage point to see if the red camaros had black hoods. They definitely had black wheels!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #768
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
CRT, at least you got an update....hope my can is shipping out with yours...I don't understand what could possibly be taking them so long....

I saw the $500 bonus cash on the Chevy website, I expect that's what your dealer was referring to with the invoice.
Thanks. Who knew there'd be a MFR's incentive rebate through this. But I'll take it. Pays for some mods.

I saw a yellow camaro with black wheels in the train yard. Could it be they unload here then truck them to North to a barge for HI? Long shot it's yours.

Regarding the catch can ... given the lack of communication and delay it concerns me if this is a viable product. Thoughts?
Old 12-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #769
CrystalRedTintcoat

Tramtwo is radio silent. He's either tooling around today hardcore or he's writing this thesis for us! Or he's on a hot date in LA and has no time to write.

Tram.... we are living vicariously through your expected writeup. We need an injection of 1LE experiences to keep us going.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #770
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote