Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > ZL1 Parts

Old 09-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
chiefsalami

Drives: 2013 ZL1
SOLD: Black OEM ZL1 10-spoke wheels

Guys, I had a feeler ad up before, but I have decided to pull the trigger and buy a new set of wheels. So the OEM black 10-spoke ZL1 wheels are up for sale. These are take-offs from the car with 300 miles on them. Yes, 300!! They are PERFECT, as-new. This sale is ONLY for the wheels, no tires or TPMS sensors (I will reuse them for the new wheels).

$1700 + shipping + 4% paypal fees.

Who wants them?

Last edited by chiefsalami; 10-05-2013 at 06:07 PM. Reason: added authenticity (I hope)
chiefsalami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Decent pricing, but your time on the board is your biggest hurdle. You have been on the board less than a month, with 8 posts, most of which are in your two threads about selling the wheels.

If you lived closer, I would be interested. There were 2 similar threads I was going to buy tires from new guys, but I wanted to come pick them up and pay when I got there. One was found to be legit, the other backed out of the deal.

I hope you can find a local buyer.

GLWS
Old 09-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
chiefsalami

That makes sense, thanks for taking the time to write that and remind me about why people may not be all over it. Is there something I could do to make you or another potential buyer more comfortable?

I am a new Camaro owner, long time German car owner: BMW, Porsche, VW guy. That's why the short time on the board. I can give you other boards to check out my history (although they don't use iTrader), or even ebay/paypal history. I have trader feedback on a firearm forum, though My username is chiefsalami everywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Decent pricing, but your time on the board is your biggest hurdle. You have been on the board less than a month, with 8 posts, most of which are in your two threads about selling the wheels.

If you lived closer, I would be interested. There were 2 similar threads I was going to buy tires from new guys, but I wanted to come pick them up and pay when I got there. One was found to be legit, the other backed out of the deal.

I hope you can find a local buyer.

GLWS
Old 09-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #4
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsalami View Post
That makes sense, thanks for taking the time to write that and remind me about why people may not be all over it. Is there something I could do to make you or another potential buyer more comfortable?
Cool, glad you took that the right way.

Maybe there is a person on the board here that is a "regular" that could vouch for you...... maybe have pictures of the new wheels and the old wheels in the same shot to prove you have the wheels off the car and the new ones on the car...... I say that because anyone can take pictures of a car in a parking lot, know what I mean?

I am thinking..... trying to figure out a way that I would be confident in buying these.

How do you plan to package and ship the wheels? These wheels have very thin paint. it could be very likely the paint will get scratched removing the rubber. Tell them to be carefull.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #5
chiefsalami

Of course they will be told to be careful. If they damage the paint, they will be the new owners. I don't yet have the new wheels... what I wanted to do was get these sold before ordering the new ones, because I didn't want to be "stuck" with these if people decide to lowball or whatever. That's the plan right now, anyway... I might just pull the trigger on the new ones and take the chance. Then I'll be able to take the picture you mentioned.

I will ship them in the same boxes the new wheels come in, bubble wrapped or otherwise protected, if need be.

I am not sure how to "prove" myself. I don't have anyone on this board to vouch for me, because I am new and found the forum myself. No one led me here. As I said before, I have ebay/paypal rating going back years that I could use. Or membership on other (German car) forums. What do you suggest?
Old 09-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #6
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Of course they will be told to be careful. If they damage the paint, they will be the new owners. I don't yet have the new wheels... what I wanted to do was get these sold before ordering the new ones, because I didn't want to be "stuck" with these if people decide to lowball or whatever. That's the plan right now, anyway... I might just pull the trigger on the new ones and take the chance. Then I'll be able to take the picture you mentioned.

I will ship them in the same boxes the new wheels come in, bubble wrapped or otherwise protected, if need be.

I am not sure how to "prove" myself. I don't have anyone on this board to vouch for me, because I am new and found the forum myself. No one led me here. As I said before, I have ebay/paypal rating going back years that I could use. Or membership on other (German car) forums. What do you suggest?
Oh ya, I see your ebay stuff you did....

Just like you want to sell these first, when someone buys them, there are not going to want to wait for your new ones to arrive. It could be weeks or months depending on what you buy.

All that time they are waiting for yours to arrive, they could get damaged.... you could get in an accident (God forbid) and damage them, etc

I am trying to think of something to help you.

I personally would not buy them or pay for them until they are off of the car, dismounted and ready to be shipped so I know nothing happened to them.

I already have six wheels, four of which have little cosmetic issues. I wouldn't want or need more wheels I have to have repainted....lol
Old 09-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #7
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Where are you located (can't see on tapatalk)

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #8
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Where are you located (can't see on tapatalk)

Ryan
He is in Portland, OR
Old 09-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #9
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
It might help you to post a picture of the wheels with you're screen name written on a piece of paper or something.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #10
chiefsalami

I can do that... here's also some pics of inside the car, so we know it's not just one in a parking lot I found

Old 09-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #11
TLSTWIN

Quote:
I can do that... here's also some pics of inside the car, so we know it's not just one in a parking lot I found

LOL

Now you gotta do something about the delivery and schedule...
Old 09-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #12
chiefsalami

Huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Now you gotta do something about the delivery and schedule...
Come on... you know you want to buy these... I've jumped through all the hoops...
Old 09-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #13
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Huh?

Come on... you know you want to buy these... I've jumped through all the hoops...
I really do.... but I was trying 2 help others have confidence in you.

What I was laughing about is how quickly u made the little sign & added all the pics.

I hope u can sell them quickly, for your sake.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #14
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Guys, I had a feeler ad up before, but I have decided to pull the trigger and buy a new set of wheels.
What new set of wheels are you buying? I think PayPal fees are something like 2.9% + $0.30. You should get your new wheels first and have the ZL1 wheels off the car and ready to go. They will sell.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote