Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 09-24-2009, 09:07 AM   #1
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Hugger Covers - REMINDER - NOV 1 ORDER DEADLINE

Hey guys,

I want to get a better quality cover than the GM cover for storing my baby over the winter. I know there is a wide range of covers available out there and as with everything, you get what you pay for (with the possible exception of the GM cover Oh well, at least it's on the window sticker). I've looked at the Hugger covers at a few shows and while I know there is probably some even more premium quality covers out there I think their's is pretty damn good. You can go to their website (www.huggercovers.com) and read about their covers (indoor and out, lots of colour options etc) but for now I'll note that their covers are custom cut for the shape of the car (they have a 5th gen template - unless you have a crazy-ass spoiler or something). The base prices for an indoor cover is $299 (CAD).

So I called them today and enquired about a group buy. They said they were willing to work with us on this. The quantity ordered obviously plays a role in how much they can do. However as a start they said that storage bags can be thrown in (value $19). In addition to that the discounting would probably start around the 10% mark and go from there. Of course shipping charges apply but pick-up available if you're local.

So if you're interested in placing an order in the next week or 2 post your interest here. They will look coordinate payment collection and shipping etc. (usually co's want the "group" to do this to give a group buy so ). If we have enough interest they will set-up a code for us to use to identify we're part of the group.

What do you guys think?

SEE POST #22 FOR UPDATE

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"

Last edited by CanadianCamaro; 10-29-2009 at 08:47 AM.
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
formulahawk

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I'm interested.

Thanks,

Came home 09-07-22
VIN# 25963

1969 Firebird 400
1978 Camaro 305 V8
1994 Firebird Formula LT1
2002 Formula Firehawk LS1
formulahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
Silver Ice Man

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring limited edition
Yeah count me in.
As long as there is some sort of a soft lining on the underside to protect from scratches.
Thanx
MODS: CIA cold air intake, Oil catch can, Dynatech LT Headers, Dynatech Power cats, Dynatech Cat back exhaust, Janetty racing tune, Vitesse throttle controller, Headlight and marker tint, more to follow....
Silver Ice Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
CanadianCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ice Man View Post
Yeah count me in.
As long as there is some sort of a soft lining on the underside to protect from scratches.
Thanx
The underside of the material used (both indoor and outdoor materials - b/c they are different) is "brushed" so it's soft. The key (as with any cover) is to keep the underside from getting dirty. It's the dirt and grit caught on the underside of a cover that scratches/scuffs the paint. Hence never cover a dirty car. These covers (as with most premium covers) come with removal/folding instructions to keep any dirt on the outside from contaminating the inside surface.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
I'm in 100%, thanx, I was about to call them either today or tomorrow. It would be a great road trip to go and pick them up, for us local guys.

Personally, I had one with my 1980 vette, and it was GREAT, also had no problem selling it either, after the vette was gone. I guess the local folks know the great quality in the product, and have faith in the fit, since they're cut from model specific templates.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #6
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
damn i would be with you guys but i already bought my NOAH cover from the states... netted me around 300% total with conversion, shipping and that silly tax...

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:22 PM   #7
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
I was going to call him also. I have talked to him a few times now. If you go with the outdoor cover he can do it in custom colors. The outdoor cover is a bit more money and a different material.

I'm in.
Dynatech LT headers, Hi flow Cats
MBRP 3" 304 stainless X-pipe exhaust
Fastlane true CAI.
Barton shifter
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #8
CanadianCamaro

I think they can do different colours in both in and out. They can do stripes or different colour stitching too. Several options.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:37 AM   #9
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
How would you pick out the details of a custom option? I didn't really see a checklist type thing setup on the order forms...

I am interested in this... And finally !! Something priced in Canadian currency !! I don't have to think in conversions.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:07 AM   #10
buddylok

Drives: -
i'm interested
buddylok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:36 AM   #11
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Sounds good Scott, just concerned about GFX and whether it will fit. I have the GM one and I have heard it does not fit so good. I guess I should take it out of the box and give it a try.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:59 AM   #12
CanadianCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
Sounds good Scott, just concerned about GFX and whether it will fit. I have the GM one and I have heard it does not fit so good. I guess I should take it out of the box and give it a try.
I can see that. It fits pretty tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
How would you pick out the details of a custom option? I didn't really see a checklist type thing setup on the order forms...

I am interested in this... And finally !! Something priced in Canadian currency !! I don't have to think in conversions.
I haven't even looked to see if you can order on their site. But with the deal I discussed with them you'd probably just call them and do it over the phone (so you can identify yourself as part of the group buy)

OK there seems to be 5-8 of us that are interested. Hopefully you guys are seriously interested like I am. I'll call them and see what I can get. I will PM anyone interested with details just so I'm not posting it publically (they do have a dealer network).

Old 09-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #13
CanadianCamaro

OK I got too busy Friday and didn't call before they closed. Things are heating up for the upcoming Oshawa Plant Meet & Greet so I'm going to need to focus on that (and all the work that keeps piling up ). I'll try to call Hugger this week but I can't guarantee it. Will post an update once I get details. Watch this thread

Old 09-27-2009, 08:08 PM   #14
crazz28

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
Interested!!!!