Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View Poll Results: Add a LFX Sub Forum or Keep The Combined LLT/LFX Forum?
Yes, They should add a LFX sub forum 668 95.43%
No, They should keep the LLT/LFX combined in one forum 32 4.57%
Voters: 700. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #85
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Don't forget to add RX turbos and SC to the list and sorry if it was already posted but how about a modified down pipe for you guys? I know ricers have these but I wonder if they can be made for y'all lfx guys
Old 06-05-2012, 05:37 AM   #86
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin's Bee View Post
Don't forget to add RX turbos and SC to the list and sorry if it was already posted but how about a modified down pipe for you guys? I know ricers have these but I wonder if they can be made for y'all lfx guys
I am not familiar with modified down pipes. Can someone explain it for me? Haha
Old 06-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #87
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by colingordon View Post
I am not familiar with modified down pipes. Can someone explain it for me? Haha
i don't know too much about downpipes but i saw on my buddys scion tc forums under the performance section a downpipe could increase air flow thus HP/Tq. Maybe a good example would be like the factory cats are very restrictive for us. A good aftermarket company like Solo offers Hi-flow cats increasing Sound and HP/Tq. I think the same principe can be applied to the downpipe
Old 06-13-2012, 01:05 AM   #88
2Fr3shKicks

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro RS
Quote:
I think performance and style wise they are very similar from what I know.... but if I had to give the edge I think I would pick the Cold Air Inductions INC. Air Intake over the Roto-Fab Air Intake
Colingordan, sorry just registered my account been browsing around about which one I should get installed when it comes to intakes. Which one is best a Cold Air Inductions INC or Injen Cold Air InTake.
:(

What's up C5 will be posting a pic soon on my RS Camaro
2Fr3shKicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:16 AM   #89
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
Add ARK N-II and ARK DT-S to the cat-back exhaust list!
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #90
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Fr3shKicks View Post
Colingordan, sorry just registered my account been browsing around about which one I should get installed when it comes to intakes. Which one is best a Cold Air Inductions INC or Injen Cold Air InTake.
:(

What's up C5 will be posting a pic soon on my RS Camaro
In my opinion get a CAI over the Injen any day. I dont think I have it up there right now but they also sell Roto-Fab which I think rivals the CAI Intake but they also are coming out with a Vaaram (spelling might be wrong) Intake that a lot of guys on this forum are waiting to get. If you cant wait and want to get it now I would get the CAI Intake but look at the Roto-Fab also because between the CAI and Roto-Fab its really a style contest because they both perform very well and neither one really will out perform the other, I just like the CAI better because I think it looks better. Stay away from Injen and K&N
colingordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #91
2Fr3shKicks

Quote:
In my opinion get a CAI over the Injen any day. I dont think I have it up there right now but they also sell Roto-Fab which I think rivals the CAI Intake but they also are coming out with a Vaaram (spelling might be wrong) Intake that a lot of guys on this forum are waiting to get. If you cant wait and want to get it now I would get the CAI Intake but look at the Roto-Fab also because between the CAI and Roto-Fab its really a style contest because they both perform very well and neither one really will out perform the other, I just like the CAI better because I think it looks better. Stay away from Injen and K&N

Thanks very informative. I will be waiting for the Varaam then. I just saw that it would give 18 hp installing a Injen but I havent seen no one post saying about Injen so I was just wondering. Yea K&N aint my thing. Thanks
Old 06-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #92
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

List is updated! I will be updating it a little more tonight when I have a chance
Old 06-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #93
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Quote:

Thanks very informative. I will be waiting for the Varaam then. I just saw that it would give 18 hp installing a Injen but I havent seen no one post saying about Injen so I was just wondering. Yea K&N aint my thing. Thanks
Yeah I would deffintly say away from K&N because they have had a lot of problems with them, some need tunes or they will make your CEL go on. I don't know a lot about Injen but I do know that CAI, Roto-Fab, and Vaaram are the best. And your willing to wait for the Vaaram so your making a good choice wether you wait or not!
Old 06-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #94
2Fr3shKicks

Quote:
Yeah I would deffintly say away from K&N because they have had a lot of problems with them, some need tunes or they will make your CEL go on. I don't know a lot about Injen but I do know that CAI, Roto-Fab, and Vaaram are the best. And your willing to wait for the Vaaram so your making a good choice wether you wait or not!

Yea I am willing to wait because I want the best for the Camaro, I don't want to put any half ass parts and damage the engine or put an intake that wont give me a lot of HP
Old 06-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #95
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Quote:

Yea I am willing to wait because I want the best for the Camaro, I don't want to put any half ass parts and damage the engine or put an intake that wont give me a lot of HP
Yeah I understand! but if you decide not to wait the Cold Air Inductions and Roto-Fab are defiantly not half ass! on this forum guys either have the CAI, Roto-Fab or are waiting for the Vaaram!
Old 06-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #96
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
I don't know a lot about Injen but I do know that CAI, Roto-Fab, and Vaaram are the best.
On the LLT, the Injen and Vararam are the best. I would venture to say the Injen would be the top 1 or 2 on the LFX as well. I've had mine for over 40,000 in rain, snow, & shine, and nary a problem.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #97
2Fr3shKicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
On the LLT, the Injen and Vararam are the best. I would venture to say the Injen would be the top 1 or 2 on the LFX as well. I've had mine for over 40,000 in rain, snow, & shine, and nary a problem.
How much of a difference did the Injen do for you?
Old 06-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #98
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
How much of a difference did the Injen do for you?
My car has never been on a dyno or done the 1/4, so I don't have numbers to show the difference. It was noticeable, plus it wakes up the exhaust and is a good supporting mod for my other mods (high flow cats, cat-back, IM spacers, ported TB).

Jannety did a dyno comparison (same day, same car) over a year ago of the various intakes that were available for the LLT (no Vararam at the time) and the Injen had the best power and best A/F ratio.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote