Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #15
future2010camaroowner
Still learning

Drives: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by motor1 View Post
I wonder why his account is not suspended? In addition on previous forums the Mods could keep him from re-registering somehow..ISP address or something?
An IP ban.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #16
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
also check out Chris's alternate nickname on other forums (Gtogottogo)... his mom has two dogs, btw.. lol
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #17
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Man, there is nothing good about good people getting scammed. Sigh, I feel very bad for you bro. When people say "I need to sell it fast, I'm leaving for Iraq next week"... "I need the cash asap, this is a must go"

Anything along those lines, are typical scam lines. And Honestly, I just can't stand these kind of people... learn to get a job please. As for your money, imo... it's gone. Call it a major lesson. Good scammers would have even earned your trust for a LONG time... those are even better scammers. Trust your instinct from now on... when something is too good to be true, it probably isn't.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #18
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
That's the sad thing about buying online, I've gone through a similar situation where the kid stopped responding, but after a few days he said he shipped the item and i got it, but in your case he told your wife it's still for sale so he's scamming you. Anyways i hope you get your $1,000 back and if i was anywhere close to AZ i would definitely pay him a visit for you. And also that's why i don't like PayPal because most of the time they won't do anything to help you get your money back they just say that they're safe, but in the end they aren't.
Ghost1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:48 PM   #19
RED10LS

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/RS Silver
Here is the link to the arizona camaro5 area local car club. Post your info there, and include the city where the loser lives and maybe depending on where he lives maybe we can pay him a visit!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=53
RED10LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #20
ericedelman

Drives: 2020 ZL1
Well, he almost got me yesterday.

I had a WTB ad on the forum looking for rear wheels. He offered to sell me a set of rear take-off wheels for my car for $400.

I paypalled him the money, which he refunded to me, asking me to cover the 3% or send the money to him as a gift. I was a little suspicious, so I sent him $415 ( $15 extra to cover the 3%), which he sent as a refund, saying he had sold the wheels locally. I got suspicious, but since he didn't really do anything bad to me, I was letting it go until I read this.

I guess I got lucky being suspicious, because if you send money through paypal as a gift, well, it's a gift. If it's a purchase, paypal and your credit card offer some protection. If you sent the money using your charge card, maybe they can help?

Good luck. PM me if I can help.
ericedelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:00 PM   #21
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
First thing tomorrow morning go into your bank and tell them exactly what happened here. Give them all of the information you have.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:01 PM   #22
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
I hope you used a credit card, if you did, you should be good wether it was sent as a gift or not. Paypal will be no help, as you sent it as a gift. It sucks.

Hope you can get it all solved!
Old 06-25-2010, 11:05 PM   #23
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
Man, there is nothing good about good people getting scammed. Sigh, I feel very bad for you bro. When people say "I need to sell it fast, I'm leaving for Iraq next week"... "I need the cash asap, this is a must go"

Anything along those lines, are typical scam lines. And Honestly, I just can't stand these kind of people... learn to get a job please. As for your money, imo... it's gone. Call it a major lesson. Good scammers would have even earned your trust for a LONG time... those are even better scammers. Trust your instinct from now on... when something is too good to be true, it probably isn't.
I hate when folks use the wars or military personnel as a way to scam people...
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:08 PM   #24
svrds10

Drives: 2SS/RS M6 Wht/Slvr ext Wht/Gry int
Sucks that happened to you buddy. I buy and sell a lot of stuff online including through forums. I have always had some rules i follow when purchasing things on forums.

1) Check the users join date. If they have not been around for more than 6 months dont even consider it. In this case he joined on 06/17/10. Thats a HUGE red flag.

2) Post count. Make sure his post count is over 300-400 posts. That shows that he has contributed to the forum and allows you to see what type of person they are. "Do they start arguements alot, contribute valuable information, post any pictures of there ride, met any other forum members in real life".

3) Only send money to verified paypal accounts.

4) If not using paypal use a credit card as its alot easier to file claims and get your money back.

5) Get a phone # and request to talk to him before purchasing. This gives you a phone # that can be tied to an address unless its a boost mobile.

6) Get a picture of the item and have them write there forum name on a piece of paper and stick it in front of the item your purchasing.

I know those are all pretty common sense things but you need to make sure to stick to them.

Hope you get it resolved. Might want to try and goto your bank right away and file a claim. See what happens. It cant hurt to try at least.

'10 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS - Summit White W/ Silver Stripes
'
09 Dodge Challenger R/T - Hemi Orange
svrds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:26 PM   #25
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
You may want to consider approahing the FEDS. This could be considered interstate wire fraud, because he used electronic means to scam you.

God Lord, I hate that crap!

Last edited by greenrail; 06-28-2010 at 04:16 PM.
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:29 PM   #26
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Dude that freakin SUCKS.....

Maybe the Moderators will ban his Username. I guess that doesnt' stop him from getting a new one though.

I've been kinda looking for some wheels for drag radials and posted a WTB in the For Sale section. This same guy contacted me telling me he had what i was looking for. He tried the bait and switch (offering a low price at first and then came back for a high price)....but when I asked to buy just the rears instead of all 4 he immediately came back and said he found someone to buy the other 2 and it would be no problem. I mean it was like 20 min later. He also said they had 10 miles on them....so I guess he lives just around the corner from the dealer???? He kept pushing me left and right that he had someone to buy the fronts but didn't want to sell them unless I bought the rears. He also sent me some pics of Midnight Silver wheels and even though I called him on it he swore they were polished. That just thew all sorts of red flags and I told him to send me the wheels first and then I would send money. Of course that was the end of that.

I can tell you that I'm not buy anything that I can't see in front of me unless it's from one of the paying sponsors.

Thanks for posting your situation. Hopefully you'll some how get your money back but even if not you have probably saved a few people from falling victim to this guy or maybe someone else.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 06-25-2010 at 11:50 PM.
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:36 PM   #27
Boosted IBM

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Pick shit up locally or have someone meet the person and vouch

Or be willing to drive and meet halfway to get it. Any serious seller will go to good efforts to make a dollar.
Boosted IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #28
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
that sucks, I am a member at Grrrr8.net as well. and the mods their are very nice and helpful, I hope this gets solved.

It is a shame this happened.

Good luck man!
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote