Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-13-2007, 08:36 AM   #71
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Casull, congrats on the new job and your wife's promotion!

As for pricing on the new Camaro, I haven't been following closely. My thoughts are it'll be competitive with the Mustang, and unfortunately, at the onset of arrival, there will be quite a few dealers adding "adjusted market value" to the price.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #72
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Casull, congrats on the new job and your wife's promotion!

As for pricing on the new Camaro, I haven't been following closely. My thoughts are it'll be competitive with the Mustang, and unfortunately, at the onset of arrival, there will be quite a few dealers adding "adjusted market value" to the price.
That's why we have a thread dedicated to finding dealers who aren't going to price gouge.
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:29 PM   #73
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Yep...

3whiterag be careful, we don't need you carted off in the middle of the night by the infamous "Black Suburban’s"...
Great! Now you got me looking back over my shoulder all the time..... even though I am innocent...
3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:52 PM   #74
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Upon arrival is price mark-up's...hmmm, Oh right! That's why I'm waiting for the second year out!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:58 PM   #75
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
I want to go to Canada and find out whats really in that factory for myself.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:01 PM   #76
Mr. Wyndham

Good luck getting past those black suburbans...
Old 04-17-2007, 12:14 PM   #77
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
If GM expects to sell upwards of 30,000 Z28's and SS's, they can't hike up the price too much. I always said I didn't think the price would go up that high. Sure, it's supposed to compete w/ the Mustang, but IDK. I don't see it going up that high...like maybe 35K for a top of the line. I could see a super special edition blown and all which must be priced upwards of 40K. But, the majority of the mid to upper level entry cars being made will be within a 29-35K area....I think...and hope.:o
After reading a few other threads like this one and thinking about it, here are my thoughts...

A new 1LT Corvette starts at $44,995. That pretty much has just about all of the amenities of a present day car built right in (ie leather seats, auto windows/locks, etc) If you think about it, a $10,000 price difference should be fairly easy to maintain between the Camaro and Corvette. I just can't see them breaking the $10,000 differential between the two cars even with the Camaro "nicely equipt". Once you break that differential, you are in a whole new realm.

IMO I think we will see the "entry level" V8 (L76) undercut the Mustang's Base V8 pricing and the LS3 will be competitively priced with the premium V8 Mustang at around $29,000 for the base w/ no options. Now that would give the Mustang sales a run for their money (pun intended!)

Perhaps this is just wishful thinking, but I really think it could happen. Even with inflation, the cost of a 2002 Camaro Z28 in today's dollars is still under $30,000.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:15 PM   #78
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
After reading a few other threads like this one and thinking about it, here are my thoughts...

A new 1LT Corvette starts at $44,995. That pretty much has just about all of the amenities of a present day car built right in (ie leather seats, auto windows/locks, etc) If you think about it, a $10,000 price difference should be fairly easy to maintain between the Camaro and Corvette. I just can't see them breaking the $10,000 differential between the two cars even with the Camaro "nicely equipt". Once you break that differential, you are in a whole new realm.

IMO I think we will see the "entry level" V8 (L76) undercut the Mustang's Base V8 pricing and the LS3 will be competitively priced with the premium V8 Mustang at around $29,000 for the base w/ no options. Now that would give the Mustang sales a run for their money (pun intended!)

Perhaps this is just wishful thinking, but I really think it could happen. Even with inflation, the cost of a 2002 Camaro Z28 in today's dollars is still under $30,000.
THANK YOU, for two reasons...

1) you agreed with me

-AND-

2) You gave me some hope...I thought I was being over-the-top wishful, but it's not too hard to visualize, right? Right?
Old 04-18-2007, 12:53 AM   #79
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^^That's what I was saying a long time ago, but still...I'm torn on what to think. I always thought GM wouldn't take the Camaro price near the vette. But, they could. The thing is, like I said before, I don't think they will sell the amount they would want. If they go up that high, I won't be getting one. I think this was one of the main concerns on the Camaro when this idea went before the big wigs and bean counters. They made a decision up there and I'm sure they said if they can get the materials priced right, find cost efficient production, etc, and sell enough, it's a go. They must believe this will sell big in order to get 100K Camaros out the door per year. That, to me, means it will be priced well.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:22 AM   #80
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
I really hope the top model Camaro is priced well based on those factors.

The only thing that keeps nagging me is that a Camaro SS or Z/28 (or whatever the lead model is) will be designed to compete with the SRT-8s and GT500s, both of which MSRP in the $38K-$42K range depending on options. That isn't far from base vette prices.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:24 AM   #81
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock36 View Post
I really hope the top model Camaro is priced well based on those factors.

The only thing that keeps nagging me is that a Camaro SS or Z/28 (or whatever the lead model is) will be designed to compete with the SRT-8s and GT500s, both of which MSRP in the $38K-$42K range depending on options. That isn't far from base vette prices.
True, but you are talking about the top-of-the-line deal. In my mind, that is not even in the same ballpark and should be priced accordingly. It is going to take a whole lot of extras just to make sure that that car meets safety regulations and can handle all of that power.

When you are talking about that kind of power, it to right up there in Vette territory, and should be priced accordingly, IMHO.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:43 PM   #82
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
I'm hoping for a third model to compete with the GT500 and SRT-8. It would be a low production run car and Chevy could price it higher and sell them. But people like us could still get the Z or SS for a reasonable price. The third model would also get people in the showrooms who can't afford it and maybe draw them to lower Hp more affordable camaro. It could be the camaro's halo car. My idea would be to make the 550 horse supercharged LS3 camaro and call it a ZL1 and price it in the mid 40's.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:46 PM   #83
i want 1

Drives: 2002 harley davidson heritage
hello all. i just joined today. i must say that i have never owned a camaro of any year. but have had 2 corvettes,2 trans-ams, 1 formula,and 4 stangs.

i hate the new mustangs. way to heavy. and the gt500 is a joke with 500 h/p and a weight of 3900 lbs. please!!!!!!!!!! a base vette w/400 h/p and 3150 weight would prolly smoke the gt 500 b/c of the 800lbs of weight it gives up.

just to put my 2cents on this whole pricing thing. i have been doing extensive research on this car as i am sure all of u have too.

and i read that chevy was goin to price the z28 or whatever to 200.00 over the base price of the stang gt. so rest assured that a 400 h/p camaro will not msrp over 28k. the new base vette for 08 is going to have the now 500 h/p motor found in the z06. the 08 z07 is going to be a 7.0 lit supercharged engine w/ an est 700 h/p. so the now price of a base corvette being 40,500 will prolly jump up to about 45-48k and the z07 will be 65-75k,if not more. i have read all this just in the past 10 days. the info is out there.

GM is well aware that the 4th gen camaro sales were 2to 1. thats for every 2 mustangs sold,1 camaro was sold. they don't want this to be the case again. if they could build it to be competitive than they would have never gotten the go-ahead. poor sale was the only reason GM axed it in the first place.

as far as all this talk about a gazillion engine options,i highly dought it. maybe ,and i mean maybe 2 v6's and 2 v8's. one being a supercharged. so the base v8 will have 400 h/p and th s/c if they even make one will have 450 to 475. they will not make a 500 s/c to compete with the base vette of that year for 15-20k cheaper. there is no way they will shoot them selves in the foot like that.

you also have to remember that the z platform they are building that baby on has been around for what? 5-7yrs. its allready tooled for the most part. they are going to use most of the suspension from the CTS-V so again costs will be down.

they also said that they will be putting out enough 1st year models so we won't have the problems that those poor gt-500 bastards are having. i think it was over 30k units in the first 6mos or 1st year,i can't remember. so that should help price fvckin out alot.

GMhas learned from their mistakes. so don't worry guys. we will all have this AWESOME new camaro. i can't wait.
thanks for reading and i'm sorry it was so long. and i'm sorry if i pissed any of u off. i'm just trying to shed some light.
jay.
i want 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:06 PM   #84
Casull

Jay,

Welcome to the site. I can tell you share just as much enthusiasm about this car as the rest of us.

However, you may want to check on some of that information. The 2008 vette is not going to have the current Z06's engine (LS7). It is going to have the LS3 that is rated at about 430HP, not 500. You can check out my post here that has a picture and some info. It is post number 69.

The info on the "Z07" or whatever they are calling it today may or may not be accurate, there is little actually known about it.

As for the cost of a Base Vette, you may want to check the chevy website again as they start at $44,995. That price was just recently increased and will most likely remain good for at least a year.

As for the Zeta platform.... I may be wrong about this, but I don't think it has been around for anywhere near 5-7 years, and I don't think the current CTS-V is being built on it. I thought the first American car that will utilize the Zeta chassis will be the Pontiac G8.

You have to be very careful when reading a lot of the info out there as it is almost all meer speculation, so don't take everything as fact.