Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 08-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #99
jroc7

Drives: *
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Gman, I know some of the trouble was the internet connection at the hotel was horrible. With the limited connection and and amount of data it was challenging for them. I am not making excuses for them but it is infinitely better than it was last year.

T.
They ABSOLUTELY picked up their game this year, but the forum wasn't the right place to put this information, especially since many of us didn't know to even look there. My smart phone battery won't support checking the internet all day, and taking pictures, and actually communicating (for those of us who still use a phone for that sort of thing). Times and information updates (like delays due to weather, etc.) could've been posted at the Camaro5 tent or at least relayed to the Camaro5 team, who usually had no idea what was going on at CamaroCross. Just a suggestion for next year.
jroc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #100
jroc7

Drives: *
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman 12 View Post
Only the top THREE in each SESSION made the finals......You were FIFTH place in your session, and a FULL SECOND behind the fourth place finisher in that session. To me, and probably anybody with half a brain that should probably knock you out of contention as a "fast" car to be added later anyway.

As for the part about needing a teenager that knows how to use a computer to do this stuff..... YOU HAVE NO FRIKIN CLUE WHAT AND WHO YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!! Melanie has more computer ability AND knowledge in her little finger than probably 75% of the people on the planet, she was doing this ALL BY HERSELF, and dealing with the worst wifi I've seen in quite a while. Maybe if know-it alls like you would pitch in and help a little, things would have been posted in a timely fashion..... The woman stayed up till after 2 am to make sure all this was done, then had to be at the track by 7, and this is the kind of thanks you give her?????

I think somebody needs to grow up and realize the world doesn't revolve around them. An adult would show some common courtesy and RESPECT to people that give up LARGE amounts of their time for ZERO benefit to them so OTHER PEOPLE can have FUN! Not piss and moan about it when they find out they aren't as good of a driver as they think they are......

Have a nice day!

Now, let's get back on track, shall we????

To anybody wanting to see the final standings, there have been some minor technical difficulties with some of the equipment, but I believe the final results should be posted later this evening.
Easy fella, feedback is a good thing, that's how you get batter at doing things. Don't attack people, it just keeps them away next time. We all had fun. Anything opportunities to do better and learn from mistakes should be welcome. We had our issues with the car show last year, listened to the complaints, and made changes this year. Not a big deal to listen and stay open minded. You all worked hard, and we all had fun. No one is trying to make it personal.
jroc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #101
dragom
2G1FB1EV3A9121989

Drives: Rally Yellow RS Coupe
if you can please 95% you are doing well there is no way 100% will ever be achiveved. I loved working with you crazy texans. Floyd said to say hi he can't spell too good is what he told me.
dragom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #102
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
The entire purpose of Camaro5FEST is to bring the online community together once a year as a face to face community. Camaro5FEST is a social event with some very cool car activities and not a car event with some social activities. For the final session, the spectator tent, 'hillside' and Raymond's Alignment area were full. Looks like next year we'll need two spectator tents
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #103
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragom View Post
if you can please 95% you are doing well there is no way 100% will ever be achieved. I loved working with you crazy Texans. Floyd said to say hi he can't spell too good is what he told me.

Who is headed to Texas for CamaroCross?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #104
dragom
2G1FB1EV3A9121989

Drives: Rally Yellow RS Coupe
I am going to try to fly down that way I don't have to take very many days off from work.
dragom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #105
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Prior to this Fest I had my mind set not to go but after working with all you I am leaning heavily towards going. My wife even asked me why when I said I wasn't going to go. Don't know if I will drive or fly down. Might end up taking the truck if we all go.

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #106
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:

Who isn't? Ill be there for sure.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #107
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Quote:

This hurts me to say but Im gonna trailer DBLCHBY to Texas so I can bring both my rims with me. I may need a lil help finding a Texas shop to tune my car for drag racing
Old 08-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #108
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:

We will be there. Going to trailer her to Texas though. Hopefully Raymond's and Mike can finish my car sooner than later..

From my Note
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #109
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
i'll be there, something tells me i will be in a white sedan though.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #110
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
i'll be there, something tells me i will be in a white sedan though.
Nissan?
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #111
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
generic
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #112
Pima

Drives: 2013 2ss/rs/1le vr.
Who were the people in the center of the autocross video taping?

Galaxy s3
Pima is offline   Reply With Quote