Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-27-2011, 08:36 AM   #1
dmwhiteman

Drives: 2SS Black w/ Inferno Orange Stripes
Plasti dip curb bitten wheel

Was in carlisle this past weekend and a curb jumped out and bit my wheel while pulling into Sheetz. There is a decent gouge around the lip of my rear passenger tire. I have been planning on plasti dipping them incase this happened but hadnt gotten to it yet. Will plast dipping them now hide gouge enough so that it doesnt look as bad? I am getting new wheels eventually.
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Yes. Just put a few thick coats on and you should be good. You could also try sanding it a bit to smooth it out before you plasti dipped.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Give this a try.

I curbed my passenger side wheels last November and did this fix and then painted them flat black. I was amazed that this worked as well as it did. They have held up very well.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98550
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote