Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-15-2009, 11:52 PM   #1
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Answers to people asking about the highwing spoiler;

1. First off, it's already in production.

2. It's currently only availiable in primed condition and must be painted to the colour of your choice.

3. The spoiler is incompatible with RS package. The reason for this, when removing the factory spoiler, two holes remain in the trunk lid.

These holes must be filled. This also means that the lid MUST be repainted. This isnt as scary since if you want the wing, your going to have to paint it anyways. The current High Wing Spoiler cost of the product is MSRP $628 Canadian.

4. It is still uncomfirmed but this spoiler is the real deal and is supposed to improve on handling in high speed situations, again unconfirmed but several people have lead me to believe this.

6/19/09 5. Also thought that I'd update and let people know that the spoiler is availiable but it's still not shipping. GM is holding back on or is set to release it on a specific day.
I've been emailing several dealers the past few days all with the same responses so this feels like a safe bet.

If I learn any more details, I will share with you all.

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED

Last edited by DJ ATOMIX; 06-19-2009 at 10:20 AM.
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:56 AM   #2
Laforce

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6 IOM
Sweet deal, I can't wait to see what it looks like. When i talked to my local dealers here a week ago they could not find the option anywhere. Very likely an option i will want .
Laforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:01 AM   #3
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
a bit pricey, especially if ya gotta paint it yourself
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:15 AM   #4
spd98

Drives: had a goat
Filling in the holes in the trunk lid will be a pita and pricey.
spd98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:38 AM   #5
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
When will it be available?
Old 06-19-2009, 05:40 AM   #6
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
It's ridiculous that it can't be ordered from the factory as an option or at least if you do order the RS package, you can ask them not to install the spoiler..
Old 06-19-2009, 07:46 AM   #7
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
It looks like shit and how many of us will really be getting its added high speed functionality. Even if this car didn't have a retro feel the spoiler would still look terrible, but especially knowing the 69 styling of this cars heritage and the spoiler looks twice as bad. Edit: Sorry but just my opinion.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:49 AM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Actually, most of us have been waiting for the dovetail spoiler. This one should be compatible because it would appear to have or cover existing mounting points.

warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #9
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
3. The spoiler is incompatible with RS package. The reason for this, when removing the factory spoiler, two holes remain in the trunk lid.

These holes must be filled. This also means that the lid MUST be repainted. This isnt as scary since if you want the wing, your going to have to paint it anyways. The current High Wing Spoiler cost of the product is MSRP $628 Canadian.
Seems to me that you have a few more than just 2 holes to fill if you use a trunk lid that had a factory RS/SS spoiler on it. There are 7 holes for the factory lip spoiler.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #10
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
I agree with Blur. I think most of us want the dovetail - that high wing is atrocious.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:19 AM   #11
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Seems to me that you have a few more than just 2 holes to fill if you use a trunk lid that had a factory RS/SS spoiler on it. There are 7 holes for the factory lip spoiler.

Very nice find!

I will let the dealer know about this seven hole ordeal. Hopefully they wont charge people more knowing about this ordeal. I was told only two holes for whatever reason.

Also thought that I'd update and let people know that the spoiler is availiable but it's still not shipping. GM is holding back on or is set to release it on a specific day.

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #12
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I like the dovetail a lot more, it has a more classic feel to it than the High Wing. Though the High Wing is very unique I do like the idea of various spoilers availiable reducing the amount of duplicated Camaros. I just want mine to stand out from the rest.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #13
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Yeah, dovetail completes the 1st gen retro look as it much more closely mimics those cars.

highwing looks le mans or something like that off the race circuit.
They actually did a good job with the highwing spoiler, it doesnt look as ricey as i expected, but acutally fairly fitting on the car. Helps it look fast, like you race it, but without looking like a poser in an accord or civic
Old 06-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #14
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
i like the dovetail, but not so much as the high-wing. when i order in a year or so i'll likely order a high-wing. but theoretically if the high-wing wasn't being produced i'd likely install the dove-tail and be perfectly happy with it.

the only look i don't like is the without any spoiler, i.e. LS model. without the RS, Dovetail, or high-wing.
moto-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote