Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #57
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
Listening to a bankrupt company with no real plan for making money sounds foolish in my opinion. Don't hold your breath on these money losing high performance cars.
Thanks for your expert opinion. You may now leave this thread and go find another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It is good to hear something positive as far as the Z28 development. It is still too far ahead for any such information to be reliable. I won't believe that the Z28 is being released until we see some spy shots or more solid leaks.

I'm going to get a Super Sport in the meantime, and it will be my goal to outperform the Z28 when it comes out. It is possible that I will get a Z28 if it comes out soon enough.
Scott, Cheryl, John, Al, design guy?(forget his name?) and John Cox

Not reliable?
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:15 PM   #58
Mrbowtie26

Drives: 2015 CRT 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Listening to a bankrupt company with no real plan for making money sounds foolish in my opinion. Don't hold your breath on these money losing high performance cars.
It's amazing how positive you are regarding G.M. if you don't like the camaro or only have negative things to say about anything regarding G.M. maybe you should be hanging more in the Corvette forums
Mrbowtie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #59
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Doesnt really matter, the Z will be in the price range of a GT500 at $50K+. Out of the humble mans price range.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #60
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
My prayers have been answered. There will be a Z/28.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #61
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Ah Patience. If practiced, things go well.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #62
Camaroman_99

Drives: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
That is definitely good news! I wont be able to afford the Z, but I still want them to build it!!
Old 06-28-2009, 09:39 PM   #63
2011RS/SS

Drives: 2016 corvette Z06
If they do got to worry about the CAFE requirements, then most in likely it will be a blown or turbocharged version of the LS3. So far the LSA from the CTS-V is the primary choice as of right now
2011RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:10 PM   #64
csg93
Keep the Faith!

Drives: 2001 camaro ss
Send a message via MSN to csg93
by 2012 there should be about a dozen or so if not more turbos and superchargers for the ss.use the price difference of the ss and z28 to throw on a supercharger or turbo, whichever you prefer and exhaust,headers and so on and it'll probably leave the z
csg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:11 PM   #65
csg93
Keep the Faith!

Drives: 2001 camaro ss
Send a message via MSN to csg93
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It is good to hear something positive as far as the Z28 development. It is still too far ahead for any such information to be reliable. I won't believe that the Z28 is being released until we see some spy shots or more solid leaks.

I'm going to get a Super Sport in the meantime, and it will be my goal to outperform the Z28 when it comes out. It is possible that I will get a Z28 if it comes out soon enough.
i do agree that it's good to hear something about the development of the z28 but I think I'm going to stick to my SS that I can have this year
csg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #66
novajess1972
I Done Caught Diabeetus.

Drives: 1972 Chevelle SS/2010 Tundra
I'm certainly anxious to see the Z28 go into production, but I will still stick with my SS. The price on the Z28 is surely gonna be up there and by the time it comes out, I will have already modded my SS to close if not more HP than the Z28.

But, again, still anxious to see it....
Old 06-28-2009, 11:58 PM   #67
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
You know, I still don't understand why we think GM should do this or even why GM should do this. Aftermarket tuners can throw some go-fast mods, superchargers, and cosmetic parts on just as easily as they can, and those tuners don't have to worry about CAFE requirements. GM should instead be focusing on building trim levels that emphasis suspension, brake, and most of all weight reduction upgrades.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:22 AM   #68
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette

Drives: '08 Corvette C6 Coupe (A6)
Aw, give me strength! I sure hope this is just preliminary babbling rather than actual planning... A few cheesy Tennessee-gofasters, an unspecified engine, and... what? What of any possible circumstance are they going to add? No track-ready tuned suspension? No flared rear fenders to accomodate some 12-inch-wide street slicks? No dramatic ECU reprogramming, no beefier gearing, no weight-loss program? Still no ****ing navigation or ICE made with newer tech than the fifteen-year-vintage crap, saddled as it is with the wretched OnStar? No, of course not. They're going to sell you six grand worth of embroidered floormats, ten-cent badging and they'll probably stuff another fifty lead-insulated airbags and various nanny mechanisms up your ass as soon as you sit down in the car, an act for which your kindly dealer will probably charge you two grand just for the opportunity.

I'm not surprised GM's failing, and if they keep shit like this up I hope they bite it and hard. They might as well abandon the Z/28 program and just offer to paint a big number on the side of your car, put a matching beer helmet in the trunk and call it a good century.
Restroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:06 AM   #69
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Exactly, which makes me just want to either win one now, or wait to purchase a Z/28 in '12. I'm more or less putting my purchasing plans on hold. It's only 2 years post grad, and with a full time job, it'll be much easier for me to go about purchasing it then rather than now.

And heck, GM isn't having that many issues in court and it's more or less been swept under the rug of talking-head land. With that said, GM is bound to come back and boost the Camaro flight even more with the Z/28.

Here's to 2012 boys n' gals! VIVE LA Z/28!
so what kind of job are you going to get to afford a z28??
Old 06-29-2009, 01:12 AM   #70
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
Quote:
GM makes pretty good margin on their performance cars. Not sure where you get the idea they lose money on these cars. Currently the only loss leaders in GM are the lowest end economy cars. As a company they are losing money but that is because of the history of addiction to trucks and SUV's in addition to the total collapse of the industry. GM is making a nice profit on the ZR1 and is selling them as quickly as they are made.

For me the issue with the Z28 is that it will have to command nearly 50k if it is supercharged as expected. Heck there are guys that are hitting 47k for an SS when they add the optional wheels, sunroof, aero package and sunroof with an automatic. For that kind of money I would buy a Vette. I think a Z28 will sell regardless but it won't the the same volume as in the past if the price is nearing 50k.
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 camaro z28, 2012 z28, camaro z28, new camaro z28, new z28, z28