Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #15
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixCyl View Post
Alright, cool. Looks like going with the BMR BK020 package seems pretty comparable to the pedders street 1 package at a lower price. Are there any advantages over having dif bushings compared to the radius bushings or vice versa?
Radius bushings will tighten up the steering and make it feel a lot more responsive. Diff bushings you don't really notice anything, or at least I didn't.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #16
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
So after reading a bit of the book from above I feel like I learned some stuff, I also have more questions now lol.

Before I start with sway bars should I start at the foundation with bushings? If so which bushings should I go with? It seems that there are a dozen or so different bushings and hundreds of different places to tweak the suspension and while all would be beneficial I'm sure, which are the recommended ones for just a more responsive, better handling daily driver? Also, living in FL I do not want to sacrifice anything that would affect grip (i.e. I wouldn't set my front sway bar to softest and my rear to hardest because of the rain).
Quote:
Ok, I checked out the pedders street 1 kit and am leaning to it. But to leave doubts aside, is there any reason to choose the street 1 kit over the BMR street kit (BK20)? They both have the same inserts for the rear, the BMR has differential bushings for wheel hop but not front end inserts like pedders, while pedders has no dif bushings. Pros and cons people? i hope one day I know enough to help someone else out in this, lol.
Other than the fact that our parts fit, perform as presented with my personal money back guarantee....

Differential bushes are not foundational in a 5th Gen, especially a 6. Sub-frame and radius bushes are the low hanging fruit for instant improvement and most essential to all future upgrades.

Why do people choose Pedders when other similar products are in the market is a fair question. My straight up answer may get me in trouble.

No one has done the testing and development work on a 5th Gen Camaro that Pedders has. At the 2009 OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational following SEMA a number of brand-x suspension 5th gens ran. Not a single one came close to the Pedders Camaro. We posted everything we had done to the car and explained the how and why of it. That is how the 5th Gen Book began. We gave everyone on the forum all the information on our car. Not a single one came close to us.

We ran again last year. We tacked on more than 2 second to the gap on the road course.

This year we have run more OPTIMA Qualifying Events than I care to remember. The results did not change.

The three fastest IRS 5th Gen Drag cars are all on Pedders Supercars or built to Lingenfelter specification Drag Coilovers.

The best part of our development is that we share our information with you and tell you how to do it. Have a problem with a Pedders product, we take care of you. Have a question, we answer it. How do our clients feel about Pedders? here is some recent feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
So, I called Pedders to order a small part for my already Pedderized "Justice" SS. I left a message, and got a call back from a very nice lady ( think her name was Deb ) who had all of my information from my message, and was ready to place the order for me. Before the call was over, she asked me if she could help me with anything else. I figured, while I was on the phone with them, I would see if they had any tips for the installation of the RLCA End-Link Brackets. She said she would find someone to help me and placed me on hold.

It wasn't 10 seconds later, when Justice Pete himself answered the phone to field my question. Not gonna lie... I was kinda star-struck, and probably sounded like a 14 year girl meeting Justin Bieber. I was just so impressed that Pete himself would take time out of his busy day creating world-class suspension systems to answer a simple question from one of the lowly, half-drunk, forum trolls; such as myself.

I know first hand what an amazing product Pedders produces, and I've read numerous times about how great their customer service is, but I just wanted to add in my own account of how great they really are.

If you're up in the air about your next suspension upgrade, from everything from parts to service, Pedders will exceed your expectations.

Thanks Pete, and thank you Pedders!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Good stuff. Your car looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterEcho View Post
Pete and his Crew at Pedders are top notch! I cant wait the shove my money at them again for more amazing customer support and new parts for my Camaro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
I also have had incredible service from pedders. I was trying to order parts and couldn't figure what was best for my ride. ON A SUNDAY Peter called me talked for 20 or so min and I'm still blown away over the call back on a Sunday for a small order of suspension parts and Polly bushings. They get all of my money period. Call them for parts and you won't regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seddon View Post
I also have had great service from Pete and the pedders crew. From the day I ordered my Xa's to the install by rob at wretched for my sways and bushings. Just last week one of my rears went I pmed Pete Thursday and I received a new one on Tuesday. Great customer service and very knowledgeable.

Pete thank you for the great service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
None better than Pete and Pedders!!!! Cant wait to get my new motor in so i can drive down for the upgraded ZL-1 Zways and whatever else has come out since my Justice install
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I really need something red on my car..
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #17
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Haha, damn you Justice Pete for a seller plugin. It worked! Alright my philosophy for my car is this... unless there is no good reason for a price difference, if I am worrying about shaving a couple bucks here or there I shouldn't be buying the part or should shut up and pay extra because most times you get what you pay for.

Because I have seen many testimonials and your book has given me a lot of knowledge about my car, not to mention your proven track record (oh that was puntastic) I see no reason why not to go with your product. It also helps that your parts are GMPP backed. Expect a call from me in December (my fiance wants an interchangeable lens camera, I feel this is reasonable lol)!
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #18
JusticePete

Quote:
Haha, damn you Justice Pete for a seller plugin. It worked! Alright my philosophy for my car is this... unless there is no good reason for a price difference, if I am worrying about shaving a couple bucks here or there I shouldn't be buying the part or should shut up and pay extra because most times you get what you pay for.

Because I have seen many testimonials and your book has given me a lot of knowledge about my car, not to mention your proven track record (oh that was puntastic) I see no reason why not to go with your product. It also helps that your parts are GMPP backed. Expect a call from me in December (my fiance wants an interchangeable lens camera, I feel this is reasonable lol)!
We'll be here and ready when you are!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #19
The Stig

Quote:

Wait till around Christmas and Pete will hopefully do his Jingle Jangle Sale again. That's when I bought all my stuff.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #20
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Wait till around Christmas and Pete will hopefully do his Jingle Jangle Sale again. That's when I bought all my stuff.
I cannot like this enough.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #21
jeremywes

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I like the idea of xmas in October even better. Lets go "Jingle Jangle Sale"
jeremywes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #22
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Alright, cool. Looks like going with the BMR BK020 package seems pretty comparable to the pedders street 1 package at a lower price. Are there any advantages over having dif bushings compared to the radius bushings or vice versa?
Here is a first hand experience why I would recommend you go Pedders vs BMR....which is the same design as the Energy Suspension inserts. IMO it's worth the extra money for Pedders.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=pedders
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #23
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywes View Post
I like the idea of xmas in October even better. Lets go "Jingle Jangle Sale"
I must have been drinking eggnog when I created that

Unlike electronics we get hammered every year with higher petroleum and steel costs. We started an annual December Sale which was a courtesy to our clients and prospective clients. We raise prices January 1st so we announce the new pricing before Thanksgiving to allow buyers the opportunity to make their purchase prior to the price increase. This year we'll be increasing our prices about 4% across the board.

We may get in the holiday spirit, but it will not be rerun of last year's eggnog induced Christmas Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Here is a first hand experience why I would recommend you go Pedders vs BMR....which is the same design as the Energy Suspension inserts. IMO it's worth the extra money for Pedders.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=pedders
Thank You
Old 10-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #24
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I must have been drinking eggnog when I created that

Unlike electronics we get hammered every year with higher petroleum and steel costs. We started an annual December Sale which was a courtesy to our clients and prospective clients. We raise prices January 1st so we announce the new pricing before Thanksgiving to allow buyers the opportunity to make their purchase prior to the price increase. This year we'll be increasing our prices about 4% across the board.

We may get in the holiday spirit, but it will not be rerun of last year's eggnog induced Christmas Story.

Thank You
That was some awesome eggnog though
Old 10-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #25
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
That was some awesome eggnog though
I'm going to send Pete some good eggnog because I need some stuff lol
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #26
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
How does one know which suspension he/she has(FE3/FE4, etc..)?

I have a 2011 2SS for example. Is there a code in the VIN?
Old 10-29-2012, 12:12 AM   #27
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
How does one know which suspension he/she has(FE3/FE4, etc..)?

I have a 2011 2SS for example. Is there a code in the VIN?
No codes, 2012 up is Fe4/5.

Here is some good reading, it's a lot but you will see about 3/4 the way down the page it starts talking about the different years.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...s+5th+gen+book
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, link ends, suspension, sway bars