Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #15
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaST-1 View Post
Agreed. I am too narrowly focused. FWIW I also think the only Corvette to buy is a Z06.
There are many tuners that can turn a base model GS into a Z06 or even a ZR1 killer for alot less than factory.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #16
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaST-1 View Post
Why would anyone order a Sun Roof in a 1LE? It is wrong at every level for track use.

I don't mean to bruise anyone's feeling, but I am curious to see if I am the only one who see it this way.
Most people would bash when going about asking this. I think your question and opinions were well said and I didn't receive it as rude or capable of giving anyone a butt hurt...

I picked out mine to have the 1LE/RS/Sunroof/Nav/NPP, because I wanted my Camaro to have a luxury feel, as well as upgraded performance capabilities.

I think these questions stem from the idea that anyone with a 1LE should use it for the track. 1LE is simply upgrades for better handling, gear ratios, wheel option, as well as some cosmetic changes.

I've never thought about taking my car to the track. However, I do think $3,500 is worth better handling, forged wheels, gear ratios and a free hood wrap.

Real reason I wanted sunroof.. I like the feeling of the air breezing through the cabin but I don't want a convertible.. plus I smoke and the extra air flow helps.

People have said the same about the heated leather going against a track car, but when I move to NY it will save my butt during the winter.

Just a few extras that I love about the 1LE... the gear ratios make such a difference! I no longer hate 1st gear, I really appreciate the microfiber grip, and the wrap and spoiler that I wanted to badly to delete have now grown on me and I wouldn't want it any other way =)

Last edited by RonnieG; 06-06-2013 at 02:06 PM. Reason: spleling erors
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #17
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
I can kind of see your point. I think your looking at it as the only reason you would buy a 1LE is for a track. I ordered a 2014 1LE and ill go to the track with it when ever i can. Maybe a few times a year but otherwise im getting it cause i love the way it looks and i feel thats what a SS should of always been.
I didnt get a sunroof so i could help afford the recardo seats and i got Nav cause i just got here and dont know my way around. Even if i did Nav is always a great thing to have in any car.
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Casperadub70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
If I could have afforded the head room, I would have gotten the sun roof on our 1LE. As others have said, all Camaro's currently made by GM are street cars. The 2014 Z/28 may stretch that, but everything through 2013 is a street car. For those who can't afford the ZL1, or want a bit better mileage than it can give, the 1LE is perfect, and can offer a great platform for entry into track time / autocross. You reach a point of compromise with track cars that renders them not so good as street cars. The 1LE is a nice balance of both worlds, no matter what options you choose.
You made a lot of great point's gajagfan. You know your Camaro's.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #19
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
My SS has a sunroof, and I'm pissed that it does - which is the main reason I've been considering moving to a 1LE instead of going pedders, etc.. w/ my current 2010.....I'm only 5'8" and my helmet rubs - drives me freakin nuts.
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #20
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
My SS has a sunroof, and I'm pissed that it does - which is the main reason I've been considering moving to a 1LE instead of going pedders, etc.. w/ my current 2010.....I'm only 5'8" and my helmet rubs - drives me freakin nuts.
how on earth unless you sit up vertically pressed against the wheel with the seat in it's highest position?

getting in and out is the only hard part with a helmet at 6 foot.
530/520 SAE
Old 06-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #21
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
To each their own...obviously there was enough demand for it to GM to offer it, so... You could probably nitpick about just any car here. I have a 700rwhp car that will never see the track, most would say what's the point of that?

Because I can.
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #22
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly@PCMofNC View Post
To each their own...obviously there was enough demand for it to GM to offer it, so... You could probably nitpick about just any car here. I have a 700rwhp car that will never see the track, most would say what's the point of that?

Because I can.
+1000
530/520 SAE
Old 06-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #23
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
No sunroof in mine being that I'm 6'3''. Don't think I would of wanted it anyway.

I have a question for the OP...

Why would you let two women sit on your aluminum hood??
Old 06-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #24
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post

not to mention the paper thin fenders she appears to have all her weight on..
530/520 SAE
Old 06-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #25
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
how on earth unless you sit up vertically pressed against the wheel with the seat in it's highest position?

getting in and out is the only hard part with a helmet at 6 foot.
When I do track days, I have the seat in lowest position, but I have the back vertical and the seat close enough so that I can cross my wrists at the top of the steering wheel....and my helmet rubs. Maybe I have super freakin short arms?
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #26
Cleancoupe

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE
I bought a 1LE because it just looks badass! She will probably never see the track. Like others have said....it's a pretty good bargain at $3500 (which most people don't even pay really closer to $3100) for what you get. The wheels & the hood is what sold me on the car. As far as the sunroof....in my opinion the car looks better without one because of the reverse mohawk.
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #27
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
When I do track days, I have the seat in lowest position, but I have the back vertical and the seat close enough so that I can cross my wrists at the top of the steering wheel....and my helmet rubs. Maybe I have super freakin short arms?
Ah ok yah that would put your head pretty firmly into the roof.

hehe I still use a very mild recline with a helmet.
but then again after my G35 Coupe and even without a helmet having to recline past 45 degrees just to sit in the car with a ball cap on this thing feels like it has a cathedral ceiling.
530/520 SAE
Old 06-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #28
TexaST-1

Drives: Mostly GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
No sunroof in mine being that I'm 6'3''. Don't think I would of wanted it anyway.

Yes, beautiful Texas ass was on the fenders and yes I have a small ding on the top of each one that I will eventually have taken out. But, they did look really good sitting there.
TexaST-1 is offline   Reply With Quote