Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-05-2010, 04:17 AM   #1
Hot Tamales

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red M6
First roadtrip in new Camaro...

...& I must say I was VERY impressed. First off it was much more comfortable than I anticipated, I honestly didn't expect to feel as good as I did during & after the trip. Seats were comfy & ride was tolerable but the only complaints I had were seatbelt chaffing (which was expected) & I just couldn't find a good spot for my left leg. Cruise control was simple to use & seeing as to how I was traveling during Easter weekend it kept me out of trouble. The ultimate surprise for me was how good the gas mileage was for an engine of this size, a 300 mile trip only cost me a little more than half a tank of gas. For the most part I kept the cruise control set at 75 with the occasional pass but all in all I couldn't believe how well it behaves on the highway. Aside from the insect graveyard on my front bumper I can't wait to take another trip!
Old 04-05-2010, 06:02 AM   #2
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Your right about the bugs. My front bumper is covered with hundreds after a 350 mile trip down I-95 from Ct to Md this weekend. Cruise control is the best but with a full tank my dash indicator said I only only had a 330 mile range. I'm still learning about this car- used the CD for the first time- Where's the damn EJECT button ?!?! LOL
Old 04-05-2010, 07:21 AM   #3
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i've been thinking about getting a roll of that "roadwrap" to put on when i go on a trip.wonder if that stuff is any good.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
If you use Roadwrap, be careful to secure the ends. I used it all around the bottom of the car and the track and by late morning, the lower front fenders around the wheel well were all marred. It came loose and was rubbing against the finish. It's still not buffed out yet ;(
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #5
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to BigMatt
you got 300miles and still had almost half a tank???? Damn I haven't got that good of mileage
Forged LS3, FED M311 heads, CAI Inc, ARH 1 7/8, Corsa Xtreme, Taylor Wires, MGW Shifter, Street slayer twin carbon clutch, Tick braided clutch line & speed bleeder, ZL1 Diff Swap, BMR Split drop, Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Pro bushing kit, Carslyle racing 15in conversion, Whipple, LPE dual fuel pumps, Rx catch can, Id1300x, Alky Control
BigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #6
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Awesome gas mileage