Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-20-2014, 12:26 AM   #15
Johnny_D

Drives: '13 Camaro2SS/RS 1LE '13Boss 302 LS
You sure you were in first and not in 3rd gear. Starting in third feels sluggish and takes a while to pick up speed. And you burn clutch in the process
Johnny_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:26 AM   #16
B-_-RAD
Banned

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
It tells the computer your car is on an angle. Do your air bags deploy every time you get a tow? No. They're unrelated.
So you believe a yaw sensor has absolutely nothing to do with an airbag system? Gm definitely did not just put a yaw sensor in the car to know if it is on a hill. The yaw sensor is also used to determine if the car is in a rollover condition, and to activate stability control. Im done on the subject. I agree hsa sucks, but will deal with it, or disable it in another way.
B-_-RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:30 AM   #17
GR8WHITE1

Drives: camaro
Both instances with me it was under 5 mph he'll prob even 3mph.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
GR8WHITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:52 AM   #18
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-_-RAD View Post
So you believe a yaw sensor has absolutely nothing to do with an airbag system? Gm definitely did not just put a yaw sensor in the car to know if it is on a hill. The yaw sensor is also used to determine if the car is in a rollover condition, and to activate stability control. Im done on the subject. I agree hsa sucks, but will deal with it, or disable it in another way.
I didn't say a yaw sensor has nothing to do with it, just the 3rd direction added to this one. The yaw sensor in the other 2 directions determines rollover protection. Its using the same part as all 10-12 cars and 13+ autos to remove HSA. The airbags deploy just fine in them, nor do they spontaneously pop for no reason. Stability control does not activate when you go up/downhill, it measures side to side motion with the 2 primary sensor directions and differences in front/rear wheel speed.

Last edited by Synner; 01-20-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #19
B-_-RAD
Banned

Quote:
I didn't say a yaw sensor has nothing to do with it, just the 3rd direction added to this one. The yaw sensor in the other 2 directions determines rollover protection. Its using the same part as all 10-12 cars and 13+ autos to remove HSA. The airbags deploy just fine in them, nor do they spontaneously pop for no reason. Stability control does not activate when you go up/downhill, it measures side to side motion with the 2 primary sensor directions and differences in front/rear wheel speed.
Airbags do pop on their own on these cars, maybe you should do some research.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:52 AM   #20
Synner

If you mean during road racing and autocross when those sensors experience 1.5 g's then they are functioning as designed and am fully aware. If you choose to remain ignorant and paranoid then so be it.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:31 AM   #21
Stock Boy

Drives: 2014 1LE
Dude, if I can get my air bags to deploy, ceremonial style, while at a race course, I will declare that I've "won" that track day.
Stock Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #22
toddbyrum

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8WHITE1 View Post
Mine has done this 3 times already, I need to take it in to the dealer. Every time it has been level and its after I have started the car and its locking the brakes and smelling like burning clutch/brakes when I tried to drive.
getting the same smell...
toddbyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:52 PM   #23
B-_-RAD
Banned

Quote:
If you mean during road racing and autocross when those sensors experience 1.5 g's then they are functioning as designed and am fully aware. If you choose to remain ignorant and paranoid then so be it.
Hmmmm, is it just in your nature to come off as a prick in 99% of your posts? Yes, that is what I am referencing, especially as we are in a 1le track pack forum where most vehicles including mine may see track time. I'm done on the subject. You should re-evaluate some of the things you say to people, especially when you have no idea whom to, or what you are talking about.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:50 PM   #24
SSRS1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
The modification uses the same OEM Yaw Sensor part number that is used in every single 5th Gen Camaro except 2013/2014 manuals.

That's somewhere around 330,000 Camaros with the same Yaw Sensor specified in the modification.

Modifications: HSA Elimination - Cold Air Inductions Intake
Solo Performance Mach Cat Back - Skip-Shift Eliminator
SSRS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #25
Synner

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-_-RAD View Post
Hmmmm, is it just in your nature to come off as a prick in 99% of your posts? Yes, that is what I am referencing, especially as we are in a 1le track pack forum where most vehicles including mine may see track time. I'm done on the subject. You should re-evaluate some of the things you say to people, especially when you have no idea whom to, or what you are talking about.
Then you should also know that the warranty wouldn't cover it anyways so the whole factless argument you've tried to create and can't back up to maintain a warranty that wouldn't cover the issue...?

Sorry you don't like information. If pointing out something you don't seem to understand is considered an attack then maybe you should do some research first like you suggested to me. What are the 2 data elements for a YAW sensor to get a reading? Now which one of those is NEVER present in a hill start situation. So the sensor that is present for HSA isn't a yaw sensor and is merely incline detection. Since you chose to not listen to my example of towing a car maybe that will help you understand.

Last edited by Synner; 01-20-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:01 PM   #26
Synner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS1LE View Post
The modification uses the same OEM Yaw Sensor part number that is used in every single 5th Gen Camaro except 2013/2014 manuals.

That's somewhere around 330,000 Camaros with the same Yaw Sensor specified in the modification.

But hey what do we know.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #27
VOGGS-LS3-1LE
Angry by Nature

Drives: 13' Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP 1 of 76
Quote:
Then you should also know that the warranty wouldn't cover it anyways so the whole factless argument you've tried to create and can't back up to maintain a warranty that wouldn't cover the issue...?

Sorry you don't like information. If pointing out something you don't seem to understand is considered an attack then maybe you should do some research first like you suggested to me. What are the 2 data elements for a YAW sensor to get a reading? Now which one of those is NEVER present in a hill start situation. So the sensor that is present for HSA isn't a yaw sensor and is merely incline detection. Since you chose to not listen to my example of towing a car maybe that will help you understand.
The yaw rate sensor does indicate inclination. Towing has no effect. Camaros either get towed on a flatbed or wheel lifted from the rear wheels. The BCM looks at values from the yaw rate sensor, engine rpm and load, brake pedal switch and clutch position switch. If you notice the hsa doesnt kick in until both the clutch and brake pedal is depressed. Quick tip to disable this....if you know your on an incline, and dont want hsa click up the ebrake 1 click. It will turn the brake indicator on the dash and disable the hsa. Just long enough so you can roll out the clutch. I live in hilly pittsburgh pa and do it at least one time everytime I drive it. I can catch the car and roll out the clutch alot better will less clucth slip than trying to use hsa!

2013 CHEVROLET CAMARO 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
1 OF 76
Roto Fab CAI
1LE BADGES
VOGGS-LS3-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #28
Synner

There's only a few yaw sensors that can measure both directions but its still rotational speed, or angular differential over time, not a static angle the car rests at. If it were the case here then no different part number would be required as the other 2 would already be able to capture it. If they could detect a static angle then they could just use a single part number and shut off the values in the BCM since the clutch pedal condition would never get met in autos.

Although I agree with most everything else in your post.

Last edited by Synner; 01-20-2014 at 06:41 PM.

Tags
brakes, nab, parking brake, sticking, sticky