Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Europe

Old 12-17-2007, 05:00 AM   #15
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Yeah I second the notion that the vast majority of Swedes speak english exceptionally well.

I liked Stockholm, but it proved to be pretty pricey. Though London would be far worse I think.

Just curious, what is your ethnic background? I only ask since you specifically brought up racial prejudice, are you concerned it would be directed at you?

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:59 AM   #16
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
I live 60 miles south of London (will be there this weekend too) and it's VERY expensive - but then again, it's not much better anywhere else in the UK. Which is why I worry that the Camaro will be not worth the £...

Anyway, I liked Paris - London can be fun too though.
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:10 PM   #17
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock36 View Post
Yeah I second the notion that the vast majority of Swedes speak english exceptionally well.

I liked Stockholm, but it proved to be pretty pricey. Though London would be far worse I think.

Just curious, what is your ethnic background? I only ask since you specifically brought up racial prejudice, are you concerned it would be directed at you?

Yes and No, but I'm not so much concerned about just one guy being of ethnic background.... its just a concern for a group of people being of various backgrounds....like there is one japanese guy, one black, me being brown, a couple white guys, etc.... so after hearing that a couple of guys who were of ethnic backgrounds had a rough time, we kind of got turned off to the idea of heading out to Europe as a group...

Now I'm not saying Euro's are racist or anything.... but I presume its not as culturally diverse and North America.... and we just don't wanna get into trouble while were out there.... I know most places are cool with this kinda stuff, just a few odd ends Ive heard to avoid.... maybe you guys could extend on that I guess?

Btw.... the guys who weren't very happy were coming back from Amsterdam.

Also, Sweden sounds really cool.... Im Canadian.... so I love snowboarding and hockey! Go Naslund! (Im from vancouver)... and hopefully Forsberg comes back!

Been to the UK..... might do it again.... Germany... I wanna go there...not so sure rest of the pack wants to go... I mean where we suppose to go in Germany if we do go? Plus are there enough english speaking people there.... tried taking German language classes.... wow your guys words are long and hard to pronounce!Guten Tag!

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:28 PM   #18
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Nurburgring.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #19
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Nurburgring.
lol, i know... but thats a whole entire separate trip of its own!

JAY
Old 12-17-2007, 01:24 PM   #20
Rock36
I just like V8s

Oh man there is plenty to do in Germany. If you are into beer then Munich is the place to be. Berlin is just a great international city as is the Frankfurt/Wiesbaden area. There are castles everywhere if you like that kind of thing. Germany is just a great place. The nightlife in any large German city is pretty solid. I live near a medium sized city named Regensburg, and the night life here competes directly with major cities I've been to like Seattle, Atlanta, and St. Louis.

Amsterdam was a problem? That is odd since that is one of the more diverse cities in Europe. As far as racism Germany, the German's are pretty cool, unless you happen to be Turkish or Russian, and then you might have some problems. Oh and sometimes they have problems with letting Americans into clubs, but that is mostly because of young soldiers stationed here that get drunk and cause problems, but you are Canadian so you should be good to go

Old 12-17-2007, 06:44 PM   #21
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Yes and No, but I'm not so much concerned about just one guy being of ethnic background.... its just a concern for a group of people being of various backgrounds....like there is one japanese guy, one black, me being brown, a couple white guys, etc.... so after hearing that a couple of guys who were of ethnic backgrounds had a rough time, we kind of got turned off to the idea of heading out to Europe as a group...

Now I'm not saying Euro's are racist or anything.... but I presume its not as culturally diverse and North America.... and we just don't wanna get into trouble while were out there.... I know most places are cool with this kinda stuff, just a few odd ends Ive heard to avoid.... maybe you guys could extend on that I guess?

Btw.... the guys who weren't very happy were coming back from Amsterdam.

Also, Sweden sounds really cool.... Im Canadian.... so I love snowboarding and hockey! Go Naslund! (Im from vancouver)... and hopefully Forsberg comes back!
I can only speak for Sweden and say that I'd be surprised if you had any trouble, we have a lot of immigrants. Sure there are racist assholes, but they're a minority. Plus when you start speaking people will immediatly identify ya'll as Americans and a lot of extra patience safeguards will kick in!

Sorry, just kidding, but I'd be surprised if you had a hard time with this.

As for hard times, I don't think it's as hard getting into Europe as it is getting into the US. DHS gave me a bit of a rough time last summer when I went to see my now ex. The stuff you have to put up with looking like a taliban on your passport photo...and being to honest on your entry into the US form...

And yes, Sweden is really lovely. Snow is not always guaranteed though, not all winters are as cold as this one.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:06 PM   #22
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
I can only speak for Sweden and say that I'd be surprised if you had any trouble, we have a lot of immigrants. Sure there are racist assholes, but they're a minority. Plus when you start speaking people will immediatly identify ya'll as Americans and a lot of extra patience safeguards will kick in!

Sorry, just kidding, but I'd be surprised if you had a hard time with this.

As for hard times, I don't think it's as hard getting into Europe as it is getting into the US. DHS gave me a bit of a rough time last summer when I went to see my now ex. The stuff you have to put up with looking like a taliban on your passport photo...and being to honest on your entry into the US form...

And yes, Sweden is really lovely. Snow is not always guaranteed though, not all winters are as cold as this one.
cool-cool.... we might do sweden then!

JAY
Old 12-17-2007, 10:08 PM   #23
Jay

Quote:
Oh man there is plenty to do in Germany. If you are into beer then Munich is the place to be. Berlin is just a great international city as is the Frankfurt/Wiesbaden area. There are castles everywhere if you like that kind of thing. Germany is just a great place. The nightlife in any large German city is pretty solid. I live near a medium sized city named Regensburg, and the night life here competes directly with major cities I've been to like Seattle, Atlanta, and St. Louis.

Amsterdam was a problem? That is odd since that is one of the more diverse cities in Europe. As far as racism Germany, the German's are pretty cool, unless you happen to be Turkish or Russian, and then you might have some problems. Oh and sometimes they have problems with letting Americans into clubs, but that is mostly because of young soldiers stationed here that get drunk and cause problems, but you are Canadian so you should be good to go

Thats awesome then... I personally been wanting to go to germany for a long time now.... you guys have some wowfully beautiful girls there man!

Although I did go to germany once before... just an overnight stay in frankfurt.. didnt really do anything... was so damn cold!

JAY
Old 12-18-2007, 03:59 AM   #24
Rock36
I just like V8s

Hey Germany definitely has some beautiful girls, and well....Sweden speaks for itself.

Most girls in Germany, well Germans in general, smoke. So that may or may not be a problem for you.

I don't think there are a lot of smokers in Sweden, at least I don't really remember there being that many when I travelled there last year.

It is cool as shat here right now. Mid to upper 20s during the day...it is times like these that I miss ol' Cali.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:57 PM   #25
Jay

Quote:
Hey Germany definitely has some beautiful girls, and well....Sweden speaks for itself.

Most girls in Germany, well Germans in general, smoke. So that may or may not be a problem for you.

I don't think there are a lot of smokers in Sweden, at least I don't really remember there being that many when I travelled there last year.

It is cool as shat here right now. Mid to upper 20s during the day...it is times like these that I miss ol' Cali.

hahaha.... who are you kidding man.... hot girl that smokes.... as long shes hot!

yES sweden does speak for itself... tall, hot , blonde girls... wowee!

Yah man, I have an audi..... and i went to get a new battery put in from a local performance euro shop thats owned by germans.....this guy that just came from germany like 5-6 days ago as an apprentice comes out to change it in a t-shirt and a cut-off over-all in like 7 degrees(celcius) with a bit of snow on the ground out and im all wearing a big huge jacket...and he's all laughing at us with our big jackets on... he's like wait till you hit up frankfurt in the winter, then you'll know what cold is.

JAY
Old 12-19-2007, 01:22 PM   #26
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
yES sweden does speak for itself... tall, hot , blonde girls... wowee!
Hate to burst your bubble, but it seems darker hair are more promient actually . But tall, yes, hot, most definetly. Very very pretty girls in this country
Old 12-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #27
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
Hate to burst your bubble, but it seems darker hair are more promient actually . But tall, yes, hot, most definetly. Very very pretty girls in this country
lol, brunette's are hot too.... hair color really isn't a big issue when it comes to women i like to think for most guys... the big thing with swedish girls i guess what i was trying to point out was that ive heard there all pretty tall... which is fabuluso.

JAY
Old 12-19-2007, 03:23 PM   #28
Jay

its interesting how really in this thread were just talking about hot girls now, lol.... and ive got the europe section actually going.... whereas my own canada area is dead, lol.

JAY