Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #43
Chris-10

Drives: 2ss/rs vr 6m
Looks real good! I really like the look of the back of the car, looks tuff and it looks a lot better without the red stripes.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #44
kold

Drives: 2011 LS White Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Thanks man! I had a shop paint it and install it for me. If I remember correctly they had to perhaps shave a couple spots to make sure it fit properly. The two pieces that hang down on the rear of the boot had to be screwed down from behind but you cant see it. We tried first with 3M but it only held for a couple months. I know some people will gasp at putting a hole in the trunk lid but I am not one of those people. I think it looks great and aggressive and those havoc pieces get me a lot of looks and compliments. They aren't going anywhere!

tx man!! yeah i will def buy that havoc diffuser one of these days lol
kold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #45
Schmidty
Facebook.com/SoCalCamaro5

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
Great build, and awesome color choice!
Thanks man! And ya, IBM is pretty unique and looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-10 View Post
Looks real good! I really like the look of the back of the car, looks tuff and it looks a lot better without the red stripes.
I appreciate the compliment! And ya, looks much better without the red stripes. Ha! I was just trying to not do the same thing everyone else did. I gave it a shot, but I really like the subtleness of the matt black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kold View Post
tx man!! yeah i will def buy that havoc diffuser one of these days lol
It's a great mod. Good luck!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #46
x100xPercent

Drives: 2010 Imperial Blue Metallic 2SS/RS
Schmidty, I just got my IBM Camaro 2SS/RS yesterday. Last week I ordered the havoc spoiler after seeing yours. I got it from phastek performance since Ive read good reviews on them, but today I took in the spoiler to my local auto body shop to get painted, and the guy informed me that it's a piece of s***. I figured it was given that it seems very flimsy and he pointed out a couple things about it that make it a not-so-good quality piece. It's "reaction injection molded urethane" as stated on the phastek site.

Where did you buy yours, how much did you pay, and what material is it? Was it already painted, if not was it primered and how much did it cost you to paint it? I'm thinking now that I'll just return it and stick with the rear lip spoiler but I'll wait for your answers or any recommendations/suggestions you might have for me.

Thought you might like to know that I also got the blackout panel with the CAMARO cutout like yours. For my polished aluminum wheels I also got gloss black wheel accents and tomorrow I'm getting gloss black factory style rally stripes installed. I'll post pics when it's all done

Another question: What did you do about the two holes that held the rear trunk bowtie in place? Cant see evidence of them in your pictures. The CAMARO cutout blackout doesn't cover them up. I temporarily covered them with small pieces of an IBM vinyl which looks almost perfect except you can see the indentation where the holes are. I think I should have put something stiff over them to flatten the surface first :(

Thanks dude!

Last edited by x100xPercent; 04-26-2013 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Another question
x100xPercent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #47
Schmidty

Quote:
Originally Posted by x100xPercent View Post
Schmidty, I just got my IBM Camaro 2SS/RS yesterday. Last week I ordered the havoc spoiler after seeing yours. I got it from phastek performance since Ive read good reviews on them, but today I took in the spoiler to my local auto body shop to get painted, and the guy informed me that it's a piece of s***. I figured it was given that it seems very flimsy and he pointed out a couple things about it that make it a not-so-good quality piece. It's "reaction injection molded urethane" as stated on the phastek site.

Where did you buy yours, how much did you pay, and what material is it? Was it already painted, if not was it primered and how much did it cost you to paint it? I'm thinking now that I'll just return it and stick with the rear lip spoiler but I'll wait for your answers or any recommendations/suggestions you might have for me.

Thought you might like to know that I also got the blackout panel with the CAMARO cutout like yours. For my polished aluminum wheels I also got gloss black wheel accents and tomorrow I'm getting gloss black factory style rally stripes installed. I'll post pics when it's all done

Another question: What did you do about the two holes that held the rear trunk bowtie in place? Cant see evidence of them in your pictures. The CAMARO cutout blackout doesn't cover them up. I temporarily covered them with small pieces of an IBM vinyl which looks almost perfect except you can see the indentation where the holes are. I think I should have put something stiff over them to flatten the surface first :(

Thanks dude!
Hey man! So...the local body shop that helps me with some of my mods painted the spoiler for me. They also did a little adjusting, shaving trimming or something to make sure the spoiler fit just right. It looked great when I left the shop, but a few weeks later I went back and had them screw down the two pieces that come down to the tail lights. Now its perfect, but also permanently affixed. For the diffuser, it didnt sit as snug as I would have liked, and it got caught on a parking stop and it pulled it off...so I had that permanently attached to the car as well. As for the CAMARO cutouts...I didnt have any holes on my deck lid, they stopped that for the later part of the 2011 models I believe.

I am very happy with the way my 2LT/RS turned out!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #48
Schmidty

So..after two years of owning this beauty...I am parting out some of the mods and keeping some for my upgrade to an SS this week, hopefully! Mods that I am parting out have been posted for sale including...

SS Brembo Brakes (complete set of 4)
Black Ice-olater
Pfadt Lowering Springs SOLD
BBK LT Stainless Steel Headers SOLD
Rotofab Intake (LOCAL PICK-UP/DELIVERY ONLY, San Diego to LA)
Street Scene Lower Grille SOLD
Heritage Grille SOLD
LED Sidemarkers SOLD
VMAX Throttle Body SOLD

Havoc Diffuser and Spoiler are permanently attached and not going anywhere...sorry.
I am keeping the Halos, Fogs, Tail Lights, and Sway Bars for the SS.