Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #29
RWD ONLY

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Nova Scotia sucks! I got a stunting ticket in Alberta at 1am for drifting through an intersection. Turns out the only car on the road a little ways away was a cop. All you get here is 400$ fine, 4 demerits, and I was on my way. Still argued it and it became a 200$ ticket with 0 demerits. Haha
RWD ONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:09 PM   #30
BFella

Drives: 16' Supercharged 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingSpeed View Post
True, but c'mon really! I don't see cops going after that 1994 Taurus with a huge gash in the rear door and 3/4 hubcaps somehow still attached when the conditions for wheelspin are just perfectly, exactly, almost magically, right.

Better watch out toward the end of the month. Gotta meet that quota!!! If its the 4th of the month don't worry about putting on that blinker. The 28th, your f***ed if ya don't!!!
Cops don't actually have quota's! This is a myth, at least the department I'm going to work for doesn't.

Anywho, sounds like the cop was just bored/wanted to be a dick. From my standpoint, those charges won't stand a chance.
BFella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #31
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterV6 View Post
I got hit with a reckless driving for drifting corners...
Well that certainly deserves a ticket. OP's incident doesn't. I think he just ran into a LOE having a bad day. Either that, or he isn't very good at tactful confrontations with the law.

Good luck, OP. Hope you get it tossed or at least reduced.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #32
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I live in ontario Canada....stunt driving here is when your going 30mph or more over the posted limit. Or your outright street racing...ive never heard of anyone getting a stunt driving charge for chirping the tires...ive received an unnessary noise ticket for that. So there is more to this storey ..or this is a case to take up in court.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #33
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Canada sounds pretty strick with their laws. Here in AZ, the most that would be pinned on you is reckless driving which is driving in manner without regard to life or property. Very vague but it's up to the officer to articulate that in court.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:52 PM   #34
Valkyrja
Shieldmaiden

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFella View Post
Cops don't actually have quota's! This is a myth, at least the department I'm going to work for doesn't.

Anywho, sounds like the cop was just bored/wanted to be a dick. From my standpoint, those charges won't stand a chance.
LEOs I have known did not have a quota in a way that most people think of them but they were "heavily encouraged" to keep tickets at a certain level. One even had to radio in so many license plate checks in the early AM hours when the bars close down. Another had a shift supervisor that setup bingo games. Just having a blue shirt on could mean a ticket for the smallest thing so they could get a mark on the board. Paid time off was the usual prize. What I really love is how they called everyone a civilian, like they were not.

And yes, there are so many out there that give the rest a bad name.
Valkyrja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:58 PM   #35
NicksVSix

Drives: 2014 2LT Red Rock Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
You did that with an officer directly behind you?.. That's just asking for it. Then again, it is Canada.
Yeah, if he did it down in the States he would have been tazered or shot.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:34 PM   #36
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrja View Post
LEOs I have known did not have a quota in a way that most people think of them but they were "heavily encouraged" to keep tickets at a certain level. One even had to radio in so many license plate checks in the early AM hours when the bars close down. Another had a shift supervisor that setup bingo games. Just having a blue shirt on could mean a ticket for the smallest thing so they could get a mark on the board. Paid time off was the usual prize. What I really love is how they called everyone a civilian, like they were not.

And yes, there are so many out there that give the rest a bad name.
It's against federal law for departments to impose quotas. Although what you have said is very true, except the civilian part... Yes you are a civilian, and so is an officer, subject to the same laws (to an extent). But an officer is the only person in this country that can deprive you of your civil rights. They also will lay down their own life for you, a civilian, over their own. A thin blue line, the shepherd protecting the sheep.

Too many people forget that and take it for granted.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:37 PM   #37
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksVSix View Post
Yeah, if he did it down in the States he would have been tazered or shot.
I think shot for sure...http://youtu.be/Gd6ruQcgu9w
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #38
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
I'm US, got one nearing the bridge crossing back to the states, for having a radar detector on, I was not speeding. they took the unit and fined me close to $300 to boot. I said screw it, didn't tell the wife, 2 months later I got legal papers in the mail, where if I didn't pay up they were ready to put a lien on my house! I paid. Glad I don't have to commute up there any more!
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:48 PM   #39
SSeric

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I chirped my tires from a stoplight making a right once...it was about 11pm or so & no one was around. Went into the right lane instead of the outside lane (was going to be making an immediate left) and some cop busted a u-turn to write me a ticket for making a "wide right turn". My dad was a cop when I was growing up so I'm always respectful of them when I interact with them but this guy was just itching for something. Total d1ck move.

I contested it & requested a trial...he didn't show so it was tossed. Hopefully you'll have a similar outcome. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS | RotoFab CAI | ARH 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ HFC | SW Retro Exhaust | ZL1 Shifter | Ridetech Coilovers | FE4 conversion | UMI toe rods & trailing arms | Prothane Subframe & UCA bushings | Detroit Speed sways | Forgestar F14 wheels | ZR1 Blue Calipers | Tuned by ADM Performance

SSeric's Build Thread
SSeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:24 PM   #40
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
The state police in Indiana have a Shelby that likes to pull over vehicles in southern Indiana. He pulled behind me but then eagerly passed me when he realized I had cruise control on. In KY, I had four cop cars park around me, but they just wanted to trade vehicles.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:01 AM   #41
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
It is only a way to collect money.
There are ways for them to collect money that doesn't involve losing license and impounding the car... I for one need my license and losing one over something so miniscule as this would cost me more then just the ticket + other fees associated with that.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:01 AM   #42
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
It's against federal law for departments to impose quotas.
Are you maybe thinking of "hiring quotas" as in, X% of the workforce must be of a minority race, etc? That is against Federal law. I don't know that the Fed can dictate to a local police force how they manage their ticketing policies.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote