Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-05-2014, 12:25 PM   #295
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Hahahaha ^
Old 09-10-2014, 10:34 AM   #296
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
I'd wait for the 2016 CTS-V spec if you're asking yourself that question.

Caddy, Dodge? Caddy, Dodge? .....
Keeping in mind of course the Caddy is going to carry a MUCH higher base price, i estimate at LEAST 75K for a base CTS-V.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #297
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
More CTS-Vs will be sold, per annum, than 'Cat-cabs. Not many people in this $trata want smelly litter boxes in their garages...

They may be "in bed by 11, after a warm Metamucil" in your mind, but they're generally looking for a complete package (with a proper badge), NOT just a "headline".

JD Power's Initial Quality Survey includes a question regarding "Second Choice". Neither survey, for either of these cars, will very often (if ever!) include the other... That's wishful thinking on the part of FIAT folks. FACT.

BOTH will be amazing cars, in their own rights. But "cross-shopped"? Not likely.
there is also the little FACT that with the base V-sport already starting at 60k and a loaded premium topping out at over 70k, a CTS-V is going to be a minimum of $75 grand or 15k more than the Charger, that in itself will keep them from being cross-shopped regardless of name.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:50 AM   #298
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
IMHO there will be cross-shopping to the degree they are both powerful V8 sedans. The base on the HC is 59K, Loaded expect it to be mid-70s and closer to the base price V. GM has done an incredible job in the pat with the handling of the V. I also expect to the V to have CF brakes. It all depends on what the buyer wants. I see quite a few SRT8 Jeeps on road courses. If the HC handling is stellar...
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:59 AM   #299
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
IMHO there will be cross-shopping to the degree they are both powerful V8 sedans. The base on the HC is 59K, Loaded expect it to be mid-70s and closer to the base price V. GM has done an incredible job in the pat with the handling of the V. I also expect to the V to have CF brakes. It all depends on what the buyer wants. I see quite a few SRT8 Jeeps on road courses. If the HC handling is stellar...
Incorrect on the price of a loaded HC, Should be roughly 68k and that includes special paint colors (that is the full pricing of a Challenger Hellcat which has identical options and features as the Charger HC). Now, we need an HC Grand Cherokee with that fantastic AWD system underneath, yip.................
Old 09-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #300
txferrari

Drives: 2016 Z06/7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I just realized that I will get dusted by a four door charger now. It was bad enough knowing that the Challenger could clean my clock.
I'm with you, but the chances of us running into any of these cars is slim. It's not like they will on every corner and be in mass production numbers. I like the Charger. I could care less what it has under the hood as I don't race on the street or the track. The ZL looks better and I'm sure it handles better, which is all I care about. If I want to whoop someone on the street, I'll pull the Ape out and go to town. But, yea, I agree with ya tho.
txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #301
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The Charger Hellcat MSRP hasn't been released yet but I've seen estimates between $63,000 to $65,000. A 2015 CTS-V MSRP is $69,900 so they are in the same neighborhood price wise.

The 2016 CTS V will be a vastly superior platform and if it has a LT4 variant as expected, the Charger Hellcat becomes a questionable value IMO.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #302
SilverCamaro30

Drives: 2013 Camaro Zl1 Victory Red
I didn't like it at first but this Hellcat charger is starting to grow on me. I'm thinking about trading my ZL1 for one. Anyone else here thinking of getting one ?
SilverCamaro30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #303
HEMI DAVE

Drives: 2016 Z06, 2015 Hellcat Challenger,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCamaro30 View Post
I didn't like it at first but this Hellcat charger is starting to grow on me. I'm thinking about trading my ZL1 for one. Anyone else here thinking of getting one ?
Right here!! Me likey
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #304
HEMI DAVE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #305
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
I don't care how fast a 4 door car is I won't seen it…My friend wants a hot rod challenger, said mopar won't have the one he wants for 6 months….that said we were on the internet today looking at the Hellcat…mopar says 10.8 in the ¼ mile…..

I wonder what the Corvette boys think of that? cause they aint going to let a camaro be faster than a vette.
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:59 PM   #306
SilverCamaro30

Drives: 2013 Camaro Zl1 Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI DAVE View Post
Right here!! Me likey
HEMI DAVE Is that the color you're getting?
SilverCamaro30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #307
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI DAVE View Post
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry! But the front looks hideous in this pic and every other pic ! I like the two previous fronts better!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:34 PM   #308
HEMI DAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCamaro30 View Post
HEMI DAVE Is that the color you're getting?
It's gonna be red or black. Red is winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
I'm sorry! But the front looks hideous in this pic and every other pic ! I like the two previous fronts better!
Plenty of people thought the previous one was butt ugly.....hahahaha

I like what they did to the SRT version...and 707 HP ...11.0 in the 1/4...204 MPH.....I can "suffer" with that.....LMAO
Attached Images