Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 07:18 AM   #1
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Ground Effects Scam

I can't seem to illicit a response from anybody here after asking numerous times and I don't know why, but here is the problem.

On my sticker, I paid MSRP (which is fine), but my dealership (most likely GM's fault), charged me for the ground effects kit, which I did order, and failed to deliver the car with the part. Now we're talking about $2200.00 which includes installation, and all the numbers were finalized. Now I'm paying 7.1% interest on ground effects I don't have, and nobody seems to know anything about it. I should have been compensated with a better rate or waited until the accessory came in before they started charging me interest on it and I feel I've been robbed. It isn't fair and I'm going to have it out with the sales manager at 9:30AM because I'm pissed!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 07:29 AM   #2
ItIsWhatItIs

Drives: #5 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
I agree, you shouldn't have to pay for something you do not have. I do believe the ground effects were not $2200 but $2265 and that did not include installation. Someone can correct me if I wrong about this.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:39 AM   #3
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
I was thinking the ground effects were 1495.00 and then cost added for install and if you wanted them painted.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:46 AM   #4
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
That sucks but I can't help but think that you should have forced some sort of hold-payment until the ground effects were delivered. You obviously agreed on an interest rate and payment plan...why didn't you talk this over with the dealer more substantially first?
Old 06-22-2009, 07:56 AM   #5
DkknightX
Account Suspended

The dealer told me they were in the basement and could not check the storage hold until then. Low and behold they were not there. I took delivery on Friday prior. Is anybody else in this situation? What is going on with these ground effects?
Old 06-22-2009, 07:59 AM   #6
Gib

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, RJT 04 Silverado
Missing GFX & Painted Engine Cover

I picked up my Camaro on 6/12. It was missing GFX and painted engine cover. I too had to pay for it, plus I was told by the dealership that they had no idea when the parts would arrive. The only option I was given was to refuse the car and get my deposit back. There were three other people at the dealership wanting to buy the car, all offering over MSRP. Not sure how long I am going to wait, before I start raising hell!

:(
Old 06-22-2009, 08:05 AM   #7
Mcbug

Drives: 2008 Jeep Wrangler 4 door
I talked to my dealer about this. Here is the deal, most of the non essential and dealer installed parts, i.e. graphics, ground effects, dealer installed options, are not currently available. This is due to the bankruptcy of GM. It seems most of the suppliers are not shipping until something happens in the BR. I imagine this is due to their fear of not getting paid, or something, but this is just a guess. Anyway, they told me the parts would start shipping again around the 26th of June.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:09 AM   #8
Silverghost

Drives: Z28
I really don't think it is a "scam" as you say. Just an oversight on somebodys part which can easily be corrected once you show them your window sticker and they check their records. Good Luck at the dealership.

www.rivercityperformance.com
Old 06-22-2009, 08:09 AM   #9
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
I would've got it it writing(missing parts to be delivered), otherwise once paid in full, the dealers may not be obligated to fullfill their end of the bargain. Personally, I would've had them deduct the difference(pay parts separately when they arrive), or taken my deposit back and never return there again.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:15 AM   #10
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Installed MSRP is $2265 and uninstalled MSRP is $1950 for the package.

Someone mentioned that parts aren't available due to bankruptcy. That's not true.

What IS true is that demand outstrips supply!

One of the hardest things a Product Planner has to do is to forecast 'option load' -- meaning that someone has to get out a crystal ball and determine the percentages of each option or package -- because this forecast then allows the manufacturer of the part/parts/components/packages to know production rates and tooling requirements.

I saw a report last week that shows that over 70% of our sold orders have one or more LPOs (dlr installed accessories..)

Now -- you might say: "Well! Then 'up' the production!" -- and that sounds great, but the supplier would have to 'temporarily' up the production as it's very doubtful that 70% will be sustained.

The supplier WILL catch up!.....it just may take a couple of weeks.

Meanwhile --note the prices!
Old 06-22-2009, 08:15 AM   #11
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Everyone is different. Myself, I would rather get the Camaro now instead of waiting for the ground effects.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:21 AM   #12
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Thanks for the update Scott....and apparently the GFX is difficult to install as well....I didn't get my car on Saturday:( They spent 5 hours on Friday just getting the rear portion installed.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:25 AM   #13
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Everybody relax just a little! Your GFX and all other ordered items will show up. Just make sure your dealer puts something down about they still owe you the package, and when it shows up, install it. The folks in Oshawa are cranking out a tremendous bunch of cars right now, things will all catch up!
Old 06-22-2009, 08:31 AM   #14
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Installed MSRP is $2265 and uninstalled MSRP is $1950 for the package.

Someone mentioned that parts aren't available due to bankruptcy. That's not true.

What IS true is that demand outstrips supply!

One of the hardest things a Product Planner has to do is to forecast 'option load' -- meaning that someone has to get out a crystal ball and determine the percentages of each option or package -- because this forecast then allows the manufacturer of the part/parts/components/packages to know production rates and tooling requirements.

I saw a report last week that shows that over 70% of our sold orders have one or more LPOs (dlr installed accessories..)

Now -- you might say: "Well! Then 'up' the production!" -- and that sounds great, but the supplier would have to 'temporarily' up the production as it's very doubtful that 70% will be sustained.

The supplier WILL catch up!.....it just may take a couple of weeks.

Meanwhile --note the prices!
Yeah, but if it takes longer than a month to receive, I'll be paying interest on product I never received during the first payment cycle for my car, which is scheduled in late July. Doesn't seem fair, fbod. It is a serious downer because I absolutely LOVE this car. Got caught up in the heat of the moment I guess. They should compensate me somehow though.

Closed Thread